Geforce 347.09 WHQL Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by jwb1, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    For me this has been one of the best drivers in a very long time. I've only played Tomb Raider 2013 and Battlefield 4. Also watched some movies on Netflix in 4K. Everything looks great and plays smooth!

For me the RGB full is a HUGE difference in picture quality. True it allows alot more blacks while gaming but once I got used to it I love it. I'm aware that my Sony XBR doesnt produce the best blacks out there. I learned this from AVS forums. However, it makes the colors look much better and richer for me. I do switch it back to limited color when watching Netflix. I'm pretty sure native dvd's/blurays are best played back at YcBcR444 which the control panel changes to automatically in the driver for video playback?

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    No crashes here @ FC4 + hairworks + nv godrays.. But I have this occasional jitter, when panning the mouse camera around..
    I turned off hairworks, looks pointless, 2 monkeys have it other 3 without it, what a ****ty contrast. Nvm perf. hit that has it with it enabled, ~ 20fps.

Anyway, I narrowed it down to HBAO+, with SSBC it runs a lot smoother, + 70fps limit, even though I have few % left by gpu usage.
    CPU game streaming code seems to be a issue too, whenever the game falls back to 1 thread and then goes back to heavy multi threading right before this transition happens - it can jitter.

BF4 runs smooth, but I play with 60fps limit +vsync, 130%, 2xmsaa, rest maxed, except foliage - high, ultra is still bugged and looks like low.

The Evil within is ok too, but newest patch fixed all jittering.

COD Ghosts, has some jitter/fps drops (90-90-87-90-...), but I narrowed that down to bad p2p multiplayer.

Gonna see physx stutters now, Shattered horizon is a perfect test even though its not using HW physx, it can have some nasty occasional stutter pauses.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
  3. bjoswald

bjoswald Guest

GPU:
    Intel UHD 630
    Ah-ha! So I'm _not_ the only one who noticed that...

4. bjoswald

bjoswald Guest

GPU:
    Intel UHD 630
    TJ, do you notice any weird shimmering (don't know what to call it) with textures on certain objects when you use SSBC? Cars and buildings seem to suffer the most from it for some reason...

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Hm dunno not really, SSAO looked less dense, SSBC looks more full, kinda like HBAO+.

Speaking of this game, I was here at this spot and it ran at weird 40ish fps, no idea why.. I almost thought; not very demanding scene and then I see this low fps? for real..?

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    ** forgot to take a pic with 40fps drop.

Lowered most settings and still, until I switched from basic settings >> custom >>>to High and then back, manually re-enabled my old settings and fps jumped from 40 to 60fps same 99% gpu usage (hairworks/fur was off in both cases), da fuk?? :D

Could this be a memory leak fault too? Or buggy cfg? Idk.., also with HBAO+ it ran smoother now after this simple ingame cfg tweak. Almost no jitter, that's if I ignore vsync-off tearing.

EDIT: restarted the game from desktop and its still showing proper fps.. Although every time it starts @ maximized windowed mode for some reason and enter ingame menu (altgr+enter fixes it, so not really a deal breaker).

/Im using this now/
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. 1stcowgirl

1stcowgirl Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti DCIIOC
    Thank you @X7007. ( u r d gr8t )

links for nvcuvenc.dll worked great. (this saves me 70% of conversion time)

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    No issues so far, though MGS:GZ could use a patch. When over looking the map, some angles cause gpu usage to drop to 30ish and stay there until i move the camera. This happens on both 7 and 8.1 (8.1 is using the previous drivers).

8. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    i went back to 344.77 as these caused a lot of hitching on farcry 4 and assassins creed 3

fifa 15 also seems less smooth than the 344.77's for me

9. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    guys no need uninstall the driver. just install the new driver on top of it no issue at all..

10. BNSoul

BNSoul Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 660 Ti OC 3GB
    no CUDA-enabled modded drivers for these ? please ;_;

Paging Cyris !

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    There's a few threads on how to get CUDA working without modded drivers

12. OrdinaryOregano

OrdinaryOregano Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Don't think there will be any difference between this beta and the now available WHQL... will there?

13. BNSoul

BNSoul Active Member

GPU:
    I know but I had some issues in certain encoding apps (weird crashes and software not recognizing CUDA) when I registered the old CUDA libraries following the instructions in those threads you mention. All the problems went away after installing the drivers modded by Cyris (344.75) running 100% fine.

14. 1stcowgirl

1stcowgirl Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti DCIIOC
  15. Valagard

Valagard Guest

16. BNSoul

BNSoul Active Member

GPU:
    Seems like I missed those directions, so I just place the files in C:\Windows ?? I thought it involved registering dlls and different folders ?

edit: I can confirm that just by placing/extracting the contents of the .zip some apps still won't allow enabling CUDA, for some reason they need the dlls to be registered (Freemake, Xilisoft) and that's where I get a bit lost,

sorry for derailing but seems like looking at the different threads here, I find there are users claiming the 64 bit dll goes in SYSWOW64 for 64 bit OS whereas I think it actually goes in system32, then other users claiming the contrary and of course those claiming you need to actually register the dlls but still with the system32/syswow64 mixed thoughts... at the end of the day the modded drivers (at least those Cyris uploaded) were the ultimate solution and made all apps run 100% fine, that's why I'm asking.

also, shame on Nvidia for placing all the burden on the devs by taking away the old CUDA dlls support, can't NVENC and NCUVENC coexist ? as far as I know they can since with the modded drivers I can use both (depending on the software) with no issues at all.

17. wyldmagik

wyldmagik Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA-1070-FTW
    My drivers of later these latest whql and the previous for some reason did not give its native res option in the adjust size and position menus in control panel.

top resolution was 1680*1050 but below it states native for that screen is 1920*1080

once installing new drivers and re arranging desktop screen positions so the main screen was in the middle I had to set its native from windows as I could not select it in nvidia panel.

weird.. The other two monitors show native selections though.

Still goto use nvidia inspector it seems as well to down clock 3 screen gpu usage :( meh hehe.

18. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    These are terrible for me. I play a lot of Dota2 and these cause my GPU to be stuck in 2d clocks unless I alt-tab out. Even then my GPU is running at a lower clock speed which causes occasional stutter.

19. sourkimchi

sourkimchi Member

GPU:
    EVGA 980 GTX SC ACX 2.0
    Have you seen this happen in other games?

20. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    nope. i've been playing a lot of The Talos Principle on these drivers and a few others and no other games do this.