Black Screen (monitor not waking from sleep properly) investigation.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by cyclone3d, Nov 18, 2014.

1. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Has any one tried using GPU scaling in CCC to fix this problem? It works for me.

2. Mokum

Mokum Guest

GPU:
    x9 290x
    Tried up and down scaling without result.
    (it works if i interact with my keyboard within 30 seconds after my monitor jumps to standby mode, if i wait longer my computer doesn't respond to anything but the reset button).

3. Mokum

Mokum Guest

GPU:
    x9 290x
    I now have sometimes succes when trying to access my computer with remote desktop it reactivates my videocard.
    I said sometimes, the times it won't work i can see my login screen but it won't respont to any input.
    When trying to connect with my username without password i can see the password screen but it won't give any respons.
    When trying to connect with my username and password i get the windows screen with a turning circle.
    tried all of this after downclocking my computer and disabling al intel cpu features.

for now i will disable turning off my monitor in power savings ll-]_

4. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    GPU scaling is an option (checkbox) inside CCC.

5. Hootmon

Hootmon Guest

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    Disabling ULP in Afterburner fixed this for me.

6. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I'm using three monitors currently (in standard multi-monitor mode; not Eyefinity). Tried waking monitors from sleep; only one monitor turned on (one hooked up via DVI); others (DVI-to-HDMI and DVI-to-MiniDP) stayed off. The one that turned on only showed a black screen and a flickering cursor for a short period of time before the system hard-locked. This was with the 14.12 Omega driver.

Edit: Had this happen three times already... I'm going to try enabling GPU scaling on all monitors and see how it fairs.

I had thought MSI Afterburner was possibly an issue, but the third time this happened, Afterburner was closed (so it isn't likely the issue).

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2014
  7. NotMe

NotMe Guest

GPU:
    HD 7990 @ 1000/1500
    Have had the same problem from early on in the 14 cycle.
    Also had to remove the cable from the card to get the monitor back.

Though that did not always work, and sometimes I had to do a hard reset to get the monitor back up.

The new drivers seems to have cut down on the times it's happening though.

Am using DVI, Win 8.1 and 7990.