AMD Catalyst 14.12 Omega WHQL (14.501.1003.0 November 20)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by shadow_craft, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2080S
    No, looks perfectly fine for me with R9 290. Maybe it is game specific?

2. kurtferro

kurtferro Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB
    @AMDMatt

windows 10 (last build) hd7870

I have black squares on avatars in neverwinter online only if enable msaa in game, i had this problem with on old beta relase (with windows 8.1 too), no with the last whql.

sometimes i have graphic problems on firefox GUI

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  4. rogue221979

rogue221979 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3090 GTX
    Seems all the windows 7 64 Bit links slow down to less than 1 K/sec download then crash.

I even when to AMD site, same deal.

5. 0neSh0t

0neSh0t Guest

GPU:
    Strix 980ti SLI
    SOOOOOOOO after installing these drivers... i BARELY saw any performance increase. Running dual Sapphire 7970 OC @ 1150/1500 in crossfire.

Obviously no Far cry crossfire profile.. assassins creed unity still runs like ****..... battlefield 4 i guess wont get anymore support..Watch dogs.... dont get me started! lol

so YEAHHHHHHHHH

PS:

is there a way to use msi afterburner WITHOUT disabling ULPS to monitor crossfire cards? cause when i have it enabled... it only monitors 1 card other shows 0

my main card is water cooled with a kraken g10 but 2nd uses the trix fan... and i set it to 65% fan while gaming... kinda loud but gets annoying always switching back to auto when idling.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  6. FerCam™

FerCam™ Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980
    Well maybe I'm not setting up things correctly or it could be something with my monitor.

7. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I installed the Windows updates on my Win 7 SP1 64 bit laptop and these drivers installed without a hitch just like they did in Win 8.1. That particular Windows update was installed too. However, they don't work as good with a Llano APU as with my R9-270X. In fact the performance went down from what I had with 13.4. I reverted back to 13.4 which still seems to be the best Llano driver.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  8. Jezrelm

Jezrelm Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7950 W/B
    This driver solve all my issues, no more wake monitor bug, yeiii :D im on windows 8.1 it seems that only people whit windows 7 and especific microsoft update are having problems.

9. roadczar

roadczar Member

GPU:
    Zotac 4090
    Yes, ultra. Have not tried high

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Next time you play some BF4 try it with High textures.. See if it still crashes.

11. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    You got that backwards. Hynix is better.

12. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    has anyone found out a way to add custom vsr resolutions
    4k would be sweet
    and 3440x1440 would be epic for 29" aoc 21.9 aspect ratio correct...
    but all i am getting is 3000x1800 or some crap like that, that is way over stretched. on the ultra wide monitors.

i know my aoc 29" ultrawide can support 3440x1440 with correct aspec cause i can get it with CRU app.

13. tiptop

tiptop Member

GPU:
    Sappire RX Vega 56
  14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Kinda, hynix overclocks better but besides that never had problems with elpida.

15. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    From hard ocp

Thanks to the feedback in our forums, we have culminated all the questions our readers had in regards to Catalyst Omega and forwarded those questions to AMD to get answers. A big thanks to Robert Hallock for these answers.

Question: Any updates on a CrossFire profile for Far Cry 4?

RH: We have currently disabled CrossFire support for Far Cry 4, as the developer must make additional client-side updates before mGPU will provide a smooth experience.

Question: Will it be possible in the future to support VSR on 1440p displays at greater than 60Hz? Is this a bandwidth issue, or something that can be supported?

RH: We are exploring additional resolution/refresh combinations beyond what was provided in AMD Catalyst Omega, but we have not determined the complete matrix. However, we do intend to extend 4K downsampling to all R9 and R7 Series products, 260 and up, with a driver in the Jan/Feb timeframe.

Question: In regards to PLP Eyefinity, which GPUs support this, is it only R9 285 and if so, will there be support on other GPUs in the future?

RH: This is a hardware-level capability, and is therefore limited to the R9 285 at this time.

Question: Will VSR work on 21:9 ratio displays? If not now, in the future?

RH: We are exploring additional resolution/refresh combinations beyond what was provided in AMD Catalyst Omega, but we have not determined the complete matrix. However, we do intend to extend 4K downsampling to all R9 and R7 Series products, 260 and up, with a driver in the Jan/Feb timeframe.

Question: Will Catalyst Omega be the only WHQL certified driver once a year, or will you release other subsequent WHQL certified driver releases throughout the year in addition to Omega?

RH: There will be other WHQL releases throughout the year.

Question: Is Windowed gaming CrossFire mode supported? If not, will it be in the future?

RH: Windowed CrossFire is not supported at this time, however we well understand that community desires this feature.

Question: Will there be support of 4K VSR (3840x2160) on Hawaii R9 290X/290 in the future?

RH: We do intend to extend 4K downsampling to all R9 and R7 Series products, 260 and up, with a driver in the Jan/Feb timeframe.

16. Nwanko

Nwanko Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 FTW 2151/5000
    Well still haven't got an answer. Is it possible to change the mantle driver or to add the mantle driver from 14.11b2 to 14.12???

17. Nymphie

Nymphie Member

GPU:
    ASUS R9 290 DCU2
  18. Broken Haiku

Broken Haiku Member

GPU:
    AMD 280x 3GB
    I know how you feel. I recently bought an R9-280X. DOH!

19. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf

20. Broken Haiku

Broken Haiku Member

GPU:
    AMD 280x 3GB
    That is _awesome_ news, thanks Zer0!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014