Amd catalyst omega release notes

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by BuuBuu, Dec 9, 2014.

1. BuuBuu

BuuBuu Guest

GPU:
    Corsair 8 GB ( 4 X 2 )
  2. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    List of Known Issues is nearly as long as the fixes.

*longer

[410367] System black hangs/BSOD upon resuming from S3/S4 sleep on AMD Radeon™ R9 285 configured in AMD CrossFire™ mode

[410398] A black screen may be experienced when attempting to enable Eyefinity after changing the display mode (Portrait, Landscape)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  3. BuuBuu

BuuBuu Guest

GPU:
    Corsair 8 GB ( 4 X 2 )
    black screens everywhere...

4. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Not only is 14.12 released, but they also have the chipset drivers available for 14.12 as well!

It looks as though the driver is from 12 November, which is what I expected. WHQL process takes around a month! It's why I said it would be nice if a beta driver was also released, since that would be possibly a month newer.

5. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    Indeed.. am surprised it has not leaked earlier ...

Drivers were signed on the 14th of November.

[​IMG]

Looks like these drivers are a tad overhyped.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  6. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

That's just one resolution, the differences might be greater with different resolutions and antialiasing settings etc.

7. BuuBuu

BuuBuu Guest

GPU:
    Corsair 8 GB ( 4 X 2 )
    for me i don't care about performance boost , i want BUG FIXES :)

8. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    Even so I doubt there is any difference.

Comparing them to 13.12 .. sure. Vs .. 14.11.2 .. nope.

9. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    I will still test the driver

10. THEFOOL

THEFOOL Guest

GPU:
    Driver optimization for multi core CPUs allows up to 15% more performance for some AMD platforms

11. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

'Use' would be a better word. This should be the new base driver people use when they moan about newer drivers :3eyes:

12. flashmozzg

flashmozzg Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 4GB @ 947/1250
    Driver hosted on guru3d is old. It is RC and 1 week OLDER than the one on amd website.

13. poppy10

poppy10 Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 280X
    Click the right link

[​IMG]

14. Bansaku

Bansaku Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64
    I was super excited to see VSR...then I read they did not include (yet) the HD7970 and HD7950...bastards! Why?! Here I thought I was getting an early Christmas present.....booerns AMD...

15. lkiommmmyyyy

lkiommmmyyyy New Member

GPU:
    麗台A7300GT25
    I do not know which version of the driver has not improved and corrected asus r7 260x dc22goc crashes blue screen is black when the machine instability
    Will asus r7 260x dc22goc driver installed this version yet stable

16. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Looking at all the people having issues with the Omega drivers, I've decided to wait for the next release on my main computer. I am interested in some of the features they are adding, but seeing as I have an R9 280 series I see no reason to update drivers yet.

I plan on getting an AMD 380/390 when they come out next year, hopefully these "Omega/kick in the pants that AMD needed" drivers will continue to improve and make those cards amazing.

FYI - I've seen a good amount of people noticing or complaining about older cards (78xx, 79xx, 280) not getting any love, but most of those cards are very nearly 3 years old. I know AMD is saying they will bring new features to the older cards at a later date, but for me it is R9 290's or newer cards getting the focus from now on and I'm fine with that.

17. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    You have to realize that older cards might not have gotten enough love to begin with. Sure they age.. but when it takes AMD to fix 1 year old bugs just for old games .. who is really counting.

18. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Haha, too true. That is why I stuck with my good old HD6870 until 6 months ago when I finally got my 280 working properly most of the time. DX:HR still will not start no matter what driver I use, but 99% of other stuff works fine.

You make a great point about the age and time to fix bugs, I totally agree, but I guess I've just become accustomed to the fact that 1 year in electronics and I expect almost no support or improvements. I know, that is bleak and exaggerated, but you get my drift.

I really hope that AMD gets their act together hardware and software wise with this new momentum the Omega drivers seems to have created. These GPU wars always go in waves and it is AMD's turn to be on top for a bit...at least I hope for our sake they can pull it off...a world with only nVidia and Intel sounds too expensive for me. :)

BACK ON TOPIC - Anybody with an R9 280/280X had any success or improvements with these Omega drivers?

19. undeadpolice

undeadpolice Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980 K|NGP|N (SLI)
    Same I rather sacrifice one or two FPS for flicker free and stable drivers

20. SetsunaFZero

SetsunaFZero Active Member

GPU:
    Msi 980Ti 6G
    didnt notice anything in performance, only that the displayport bug (black screen when powering on after standby) is fixed