Geforce 344.80 Hotfix Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by rflair, Nov 22, 2014.

1. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    Do you really need to turn the settings down for this game? Here, with my ancient CPU I'm running it with 4x DSR (aka 4k) and it's running butter smooth (always between 45-85fps, sometimes hits 120fps).

It's not that demanding!

2. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Yeah something seems fishy there. I mean the game loves Vram especially at 2K plus, but I don't see why the FPS drops that low.

I know the game was sensitive to bad OC's when I played. Maybe that is playing a part in it.

3. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    I was getting used to have one new driver per week.... :lol

Anyway, I'm not having any problems with these...

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I think he meant that it's written which SLI profiles are being downloaded for what game. Right now it only says "downloading" and then you don't know what just downloaded.

The game optimizations are indeed crap but I suppose they are good for someone who doesn't know anything about graphics settings. Then again, many games already auto detect best settings based on hardware.

5. Huigie

Huigie Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    Alt tab out of Call of Duty AW and back in and I see a lot of flickering and 2 images/layers at the same time.

6. Sycuss_MoO

Sycuss_MoO Guest

GPU:
    WB Asus Tuf 4090
    Titanfall crashes at start with this driver with 344.75 no crash and it runs great.

Also max overclock on the core I could get stable was only 1530mhz with a mem speed of 8200mhz. On the 344.75 my core runs a 1618mhz with a mem speed at 8300mhz.

Lastly all games while running the 344.80 would eventually crash after about 4 hours. I originally thought it might be my cpu clocks not being stable, but it was infact the nvidia driver crashing in my windows logs. Went back to the 344.75. And all is great

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  7. AaronT

AaronT Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G SLI
    Can anyone tell me if this has fixed the 4k monitor start up issue with 970 and 980 cards?

8. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Lol when that first happened to me I thought it was a part of the game, went through one whole level and it still didn't go away.

9. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    What in the name of holy God? Are you running a custom bios or something? As someone who is about to get this card (hopefully) this is mind blowing.

10. i_am_ugf

i_am_ugf Member

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    yes it has on my 970 SLi and 4k monitor

11. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    That's exactly what I meant. It is really annoying that there is no list of changes or anything like that, just 'optimizations have been downloaded' :(

They could at least post a list of what is being changed at Geforce.com but ultimately, the GeFarce Experience should just tell us what is being updated.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  12. Sycuss_MoO

Sycuss_MoO Guest

GPU:
    WB Asus Tuf 4090
    Im meaning boosted core clocks.
    As for voltages etc im using msi afterburner utility, the gigabyte oc tool is full of fail. I couldn't get a stable oc for the life of me in the gigabyte tool.
    The trick is just to find that sweet spot. I set the core voltage to 109% and get way better oc results than setting it to 112%

I did add the full 87mv and I used msi kombustor to test for stability the gpu ram tests are harsh and if ur mem speeds arnt stable then you nvidia driver will crash and you have to ctrl alt delete and reset your oc.

My final fantasy 14 realm reborn benchmark score is 21,509 my gtx 680 I had tge asus dcII oc edition bairly got over 11,000 points.

Definitely one hell of an upgrade and im surly going to get a second for sli.

Last thing im in the middle ox learning is how to flash a custom bios to get rid of nvidias voltage limiter. With my card I cant set it to 112% or gpu overvoltage protection gets enabled. This shows in tje msi kombuster gpu monitoring side

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Resident Evil6 has some stalling issues, so far I've seen it right before it changes a scene or right before it saves checkpoint.. Its not checkpoint saving lag though.

I remember it use to happen by game release, but then nvidia fixed it, now its back again with this 344.80... Atm at Leon Chapter 4.

Now Im really thinking of going back to 344.60 or 344.47 icafe.

EDIT: chapter 5 seems ok, no slowdowns.. Only chapter 4-4? Train chase with Simmons has stalling by changing scenes. One time it was 2-3seconds.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  14. AaronT

AaronT Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G SLI
    Excellent news. I have the same setup.

Now just have to wait for my new internet connection to the apartment. The pain of relocating.

15. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    I decided to re-install Crysis Warhead after all these Years, but i can't seem to get AA to work.

I did some Google search and there's people reporting this issue for quite some time, even on a 680.

I went to the AA thread and SGSSAA does work, but far from good.

I've tried min and enthusiast settings to check if it could have been a conflict between shaders or something else, DX9, DX10, doesn't make a difference, In-game AA doesn't work. :(

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^^
    I had similar issue with DOOM3, ingame MSAA doesnt work, it started working when I enhanced it with driver MSAA.

17. RdJokr

RdJokr Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 750 Ti TF / 2GB
    NVIDIA been quiet lately... I hope they're cooking something up that could rival AMD's new Omega driver. Could really use some performance boost...

18. Deasnutz

Deasnutz Guest

GPU:
    Titan X 12GB
    I think they already did with 337.50 or something. Amd is catching up. I'm disappointed Mantle hasn't been adopted wider. Both have been all over the place with drivers, I hope they do a ground up driver one day.

Nvidia clearly is more interested in selling cards vs enhancing experience. I swear they just want to use up your gpu cycles, so you will look to upgrading.

19. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    NVIDIA(Well, AndyB) said(When 337.50 was out) that they will add more DX11 optimizations in future drivers which i think it didn't happen until now, so i hope that we'll get something good soon.

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Maybe again in this new r346_xx driver branch?

Im kinda sure they can always extend index/vertex buffers and higher directdraw numbers now that dx10 hw is completely out of the way, r337 was just a start.

And or AMD now putting extra pressure on them and we kinda expect some more boosts :D