major GPU driver update "Catalyst Omega"

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by deathfrag, Dec 5, 2014.

1. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    Uhh I hope they fixed some bugs in the meantime.

Wonder if they have fixed the bug where having a 5xxx mobile series + Intel + Windows 8/10 bricks/bootloops your Windows.

2. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
  3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Should have shown the performance increase over the 14.11.2s, not the year old 13.12s, oh wait................

:D

4. tiptop

tiptop Member

GPU:
    Sappire RX Vega 56
    Really? No, REALLY?! FU~~~~~~~~~ o_O I hope it's true... :D

5. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Be jealous, I would of anyone else too. Some rigs here I look at and even though I know the person is a nice human being I still hate them inside LOL :p

Yes 100% serious, I have offered to sell my HD7970 on ebay and give them the cost. Should be able to get £100-£150 for it easily it overclocks and performs very well. Just has a little coil whine at high fps.

I love you too :p

6. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Sweet, wouldnt want to give customers fixes for their broken products when they were ready, we must first make sure we squeeze every ounce of marketing out of it first. GG AMD always putting marketing over customers.

7. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    hardly, no ones is even supposed to know about it yet.

It was an unintentional leak by techreport.

Someone is getting an ass chewing somwhere...

8. johnslash

johnslash Guest

GPU:
    ASUS R9 290
    Great news, really glad AMD is trying to compensate all these "failed" drivers that have been released, hopefully they fix the GPU Usage issue, I got lots of drops on GPU usage randomly when playing Battlefield 3 and 4, adding a alternative to V-Sync would be great as well.

9. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Get off your high horse :p

If you've followed any other driver release from any other vendor, you would know this happens far more often. You think NVIDIA's CPU-overhead driver was created and sent out to the public that same day?

You want driver fixes to come as they're done? Go to Linux. Go enjoy being able to get all the bleeding edge drivers from git. You get to have newer features as they're done, and you get to keep all the pieces when it shatters spontaneously from time to time :p

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2014
  10. SacredKnight27

SacredKnight27 Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Really looking forward to this. I'll be hoping that the usual fine folks here might be able to snag a copy of this before Dec 9 for us to play with. :)

11. ravaged

ravaged Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2080 Super
    Nonsense, AMD is the first company in the history of the world to announce their software early.

12. jamek

jamek Guest

GPU:
    R9 270x Gaming
    many people are dreaming of catalyst omega and all its features/fixs, exactely like me when i was dreaming about mantle catalyst for battelfield4 but also for thief. what was the result? a deception after deception.

i remember when AMD wrote in driver note: matle support for HD7xxx/R9 280 . 270... is comming in next drivers.. maybe they mean in the next years.

maybe AMD will do all what they promess/we need in the next months/years any way i am done with them, i give up this company products for ever.

:bash:

13. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    That doesn't make it right does it? black screens and monitors waking from sleep has been a very, very long standing issue with 290x's. Those people could care less about all the other fancy improvements, they have broke cards, they just want the fix. AMD has a fix, and they send the driver out to reviewers first. It's not about seeing if it is ready anymore it's about marketing at this stage. Sorry they do this all the time, it is ridiculous. Yes the news that the driver is coming was leaked, doesn't negate the fact that reviewers (not customers) have the drivers. That speaks volumes of this companies priority and that is definitely not the actual people who bought the product. It's all about selling the next product. Whether or not Nvidia does it also is a moot point, who cares. This isnt Nvidia versus AMD this is about a AMD and how they spout all this nonsense about customers being a priority and in reality it's marketing that is the priority, if not we would have the drivers (and the fixes) and not reviewers. Or we'd all have them at the same time.

to re-iterate the drivers are done already dude, the press has them, they are running benches on them. Who doesn't have them? The people with black screen issues and the people with monitors that do not wake from sleep. If the driver is done, which it is, then there is only one reason for that...you are smart enough to figure out what that reason is, and it doesn't rhyme with Shmtreating Shmyour Shmcustomers Shmright, it rhymes with Shmarketing.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  14. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    um 280 has mantle support

15. grndzro7

grndzro7 Member

GPU:
    7850 @ 1200/1400
    RadeonPro is dead. John Mautari now works for AMD on what I assume is this new catalyst.

I hate to see RP die but AMD hiring him for catalyst development is a very good thing.

16. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    that's awesome news

17. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    John is unfortunately working for Raptr, not AMD.

18. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    He's on the Raptr development team I believe.

19. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Wrong section?

20. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

The reviewers are also a first-set of testers too. I recall there being a driver release a little while back where press did find issues, and the driver had to be held back.

In any case, we don't know any fixes this driver is coming with. All I see is some slides of "advertised" features. I have the monitor wake issue, and I'm not in the least bit expecting it to be fixed in this next driver, unless AMD says it'll be fixed in an official release note (although of course I would love for it to be fixed sooner than later).

This just in: Anyone using Mantle on a HD7xxx, R9 280, or R9 270 really wasn't using Mantle since it was broken. Any experience with Mantle you had or seen on these cards was a complete fabrication.

Come on now; you're lucky I'm not giving you those paychecks for spreading FUD, or you would have been canned for that baloney :p

*excuses self out of room laughing* :heh: