Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread - Pt.1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Just Installed W8.1... oh god this.. start.. thing.. ugh

2. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    30 hours in, only level 10, feels like I'm not even close to halfway, I find myself setting way points into the middle of nowhere and finding some good stuff, caves, the odd chest with some loot.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I use it for whatever I don't have space for on my desktop. Desktop remains clean and if I need something I use often, I press the Microsoft key and my most used apps are there. Double desktop.

4. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Well i couldn't stand it, already have Classic Shell installed :p

Anyway, same system, on win 8.1 now, went from no msaa / high fxaa and having to use high environments instead of ultra - I can now run all at max including x4 msaa and it runs significantly better. Did the whole intro section till you get to the village. And even that section which on w7 even the waking up convo was a stuttery mess due to all the people in BG, now 0, not even a hint of animation stuttering. Coming out of the room and into the crowd I did get down to 50-51 fps but again, it was rather smooth for not running at 60. On Win 7, i had with fxaa ~39-40, very same section.

Feels almost as if I upgraded from a gtx 770 to a 970/980 now.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    when i was thinking game is over..it keeps going..damn. i hate this long games :D

edit: lol game paused and not continue as i alt tab.

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    game started to freeze meaningless. i open task manager and it is not NOT RESPONDING stage..wtf?

7. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Try loading an older save point?

8. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    turn off origin in game, sometimes caused freezing for me

also get rid of the 60fps cutscene hack

Got to say, the exalted plains are probably the most boring part of the game so far, everything is the same sort of thing over and over with little plot.

That and stupid bloody jumping puzzles.

god damn, I take that back, the hissing wastes, who the hell designed this, it is a desert probably bigger than the hinterlands with about 1/8th of the content. You have to run from one side of this huge map to the other.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  9. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Any diff between HBAO and HBAO Full ?! Also diff between effects ultra and high ?

10. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    dunno really, probably changing some blur effects and such

11. Ragingun

Ragingun Guest

GPU:
    295x2
    Give it time, you'll learn how you like it setup. I rarely use the start. Everything is on my desktop.

12. Drogean2

Drogean2 Member

GPU:
    na
  13. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    There is a separate command that you can use to turn off the motion blur.. I prefer it much more with it off.

Although it goes against my better judgement, I'm gonna install win 8.1 on a separate ssd in the coming days just to see how DA will run on it.

Still undecided if I should try win 10 preview instead..

14. MewCore

MewCore Guest

GPU:
    SLI MSI 660GTX
    What's the current state of the game and can it be played with SLI?

From what I seen on the official forums there are no patches out and Bioware is "working" with nV on SLI fixes :-/ It's been 10 days since it's out and I'm very eager to buy it, but I just refuse giving somebody money if that means tweaking the cfg file to death to get a playable experience :(

15. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Game is perfect on my side. No issues.
    I've noticed that some people having issues are running win7.

You will have to drop your gfx settings to high (which is the PS4 preset mode).
    Creating a cfg file is just use l33t pc gamers bitching about getting the most out of our systems.

Game runs great and is awesome.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014

16. solo16

solo16 Active Member

GPU:
    7900XTX OC
    phew ... finally just finished the game...all I can say is it is EPIC!!! hopefully the DLC is at least as good as the main game!!!

17. jimdove

jimdove Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    Anybody with performance issue. Put windows 8.1 on. Performance increase by a **** ton.

I get better performance now with everything maxxed but msaa in win8 than I did with everything on just "high" in win 7

cutscenes are a lot smoother as well

18. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Yep, like I said, i went to maxed out with 4x msaa and no stuttering.
    Safe to say Windows 7 was either not tested or not tested enough.

19. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    One thing i can say is that DA uses all available cpu cores bar 1.
    In my rig i set the config file to use all. It's shows 11 cores being utilised with 1 free.

I think this is where the Windows 8 outperforms Windows 7. Multi core processing.

I tried the same config in BF4 but unfortunately the game doesn't use more than 4 cores.

20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I started playing this game this morning for an hour before work and it was a stuttery mess, with the game constantly loading from the hard drive and causing stuttering galore, even while panning the camera around while stationery! It was really horrid; it reminded me of years ago when I'd try to play a game with low memory and it would constantly page to the hard drive causing really nasty stuttering. Yes, it was that bad.

I did have 4 GB pagefiles on three different drives, including my SSD, so I disabled all those and rebooted. When I loaded the game, it still took the best part of a minute to get to the main menu but in game loading times were quicker and the game also ran a lot smoother (though there was still split-second, blink-and-you-miss-it hitches) without stuttering. Still it was perfectly playable and holding 50-60 fps most of the time.

So I'm confused about why this game seems to have issues for me. Turning off the pagefiles and rebooting may have just been a coincidence; I'll need to do more testing tonight to see if the game remains smooth for hours on end. I have had the game run smoothly before but then go all stuttery after a few hours as if the game has a memory leak or something.

I've only play 17 hours of the PC version but in the 58 hours I've played the game on the PS4, performance has generally been fine (except for dips and some screen tear in the top 25% of the screen). Loading times have also been much quicker on the PS4 too; sometimes the PC version takes a minute to load, even when I quit the game to return to the main menu! It almost feels like a lottery at the moment as to whether the game will run smoothly or not when I load it.

Is the game supposed to constantly load data from the hard drive while playing it?

Anyone else having these issues or is everyone else getting 100% smooth performance? I am playing at 1920x1200 Ultra settings with Fade Touch textures and 4xMSAA but VRAM usage never exceed 3.1 GB and I have 16 GB of system RAM with the executable never using more than 750 MB (is this game only 32-bit, by the way?).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.