WATCH DOGS Merged MOD

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Marduk, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Marduk

Marduk Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780m
    for those who still stutter, and didnt done before.

Make a shortcut to the game and add "-disablepagefilecheck" without the quotation marks after the target and the stuttering should be extremely minimal (essentially just when driving very fast and loading new environments).

t3xtures will not load fully (the 4gb border) ON YOUR HDD/SSD and use your ram (like before) it deactivate the swapping
    Example (under target): "X:\Games\WD\watch_dogs.exe" -disablepagefilecheck

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  2. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    It never worked for me.
    But 6th patch killed the stuttering for good.

3. .Star.

.Star. Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 TI Boost 2xSLI
    what version would that be?

4. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    The latest v1.06.329

5. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    anyone know if there is an update coming out this month? Or did Ubi finally ditch this to work on the sequel as a main project? I mean, Ubi did say that they were going to make Watch_Dogs a franchise, so i would assume that if they were to stop updating this game that they would start working on a new on right?

If an update is released, what was changed?
    ^^^^ this is only if they updated :)

6. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    They did mention the whole new city DLC (New Jersey) for Watch Dogs 1 so expect more patches.

7. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    As some people already know we can't make police lights Red and Blue like in E3 demo. We can only change them to all red or all blue because the game uses only one xml. But the dynamic lights still use separate xmls.
    Looks nice huh?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also changed the white light in the middle to blue. But it's visible only in front of the car and only on that car model (Cavale).

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  8. Marduk

Marduk Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780m
    great, Boss have it too, but Not in that great intensive.

:cop: :rock:

9. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    it that an anamorphic? Because if it is then we just got the e3 2013 flares

10. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    No, this is my Lite Mod with Vanilla lensflares. I'm not a big fan of E3 lensflares.

11. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    has anyone started working on sky.lib? Maybe now that we have the binhex converter we can get the old sky back! The sky is the most important thing in this game and greatly changes the way the game looks in terms of lighting, and i think that if we get that back then we would be able to make the game look even closer to E3

12. Qetsiyah

Qetsiyah Guest

GPU:
    b
    I used the small one without the textures in them, and I still have the same issue where my game freezes when I go to sleep, but I can still pauze the game, but it just won't go further screenwise. It shows the part where the time passes.

This is without any mods extra. Maybe the always rain is on, because I've removed the game once, and obviously the old patch files were gone for the road reflections, but since the always rain is different file, that one maybe is still on. I have no clue why I have this.

13. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Looks like no one's interested in sky but you. Man you started it, you've got some results so why don't you just keep going? Try to change some values and test test test...

14. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    I have been, but it keeps coming out bad, bugged, etc.
    Can you tell me how to read the binhex that is converted at least?
    That way i can probably go on forward with that.:)

15. Texhnlyze

Texhnlyze Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I've been having trouble installing the mods. I just got this game and whenever I install it, the main menu is not starting up. I'm also having trouble installing SweetFX. I get a notice saying something about path errors. I'm running on windows 8. Can you guys help me?

16. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    the sky lib is completly crypted, thats why i didnt bother touch personally, however the E3 presets xml do work but they dont change much of the lighting

17. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    I know nothing about the values in sky.lib. Wanna know how I know about the values in cameracontext.lib, lighteffectprefab.lib, dynamiclight.lib? It's easy. I take the libs from TheWorse/Lunayah/Super/Marduk mods, convert them and compare their xmls with Vanilla's xmls and look for the hashes that have been changed in the mods. Then I'm changing them and testing and testing and t... well I guess not that easy :D
    I have no idea how they figured out the meanings of those hashes. I guess they poked around in them like me when I was making the E3 L-Train light :p
    Honestly those three libs are the most intuitively understandable ones. Can't say the same about the sky.lib.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  18. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    maybe i can get TheWorse's then and compare his with vanilla...

19. Jay_ombie

Jay_ombie Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780ti (3gb)
  20. VikMorroHun

VikMorroHun Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti
    I've updated my configurator tool.

2.0 - Added option for bullet glass decal by Marduk and option to disable flashing effect on objects (hackable bridges, steam tubes under the road, etc). Added option in the atmosphere settings to Marduk's merged mod. Place the patch.fat and patch.dat files in the HQ_mods\Marduks_merged_mod folder.

http://www.nexusmods.com/watchdogs/mods/10/?