AMD Catalyst 14.11.2 BETA (14.301.1013.0 November 17)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Nov 18, 2014.

1. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
  2. Leito360

Leito360 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX480 Nitro+
    Since I installed these drivers (Dated Nov. 19), my monitor never goes to sleep mode, does anyone is experiencing the same?

3. Useless

Useless Member

GPU:
    1070 Ti - QX2710
    Hi..!!
    Try to find some answer... I don't know if it is related to this driver... I installed it on 11/19/14 but today when I start the PC the screen doesn't come out... only the PC turn ON... I have to turn ON the PC twice for the screen to work properly... any Ideas..??
    A good driver for my GPU..??

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  4. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    I have noticed less higher temperatures but also less fps on crysis 3.
    Will try some older drivers.

Anyone else?

EDIT:2
    Yup 14.6 beta 2 smoother experience and better fps confirmed.
    Will stick with these until new drivers appear.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014

5. kimpet

kimpet Member

GPU:
    Powercolor R9 270X Devil
    I think its your monitors problem or power options not set to sleep or maybe the monitors driver.

6. shredderman

shredderman Active Member

GPU:
    Galax RTX 3060 12GB
    With the recent drivers I've been having issues in two seperate games.

From Beta 14.9.2 I have seen DayZ and its text (including splash screen) pixelated and smeared like a nintendo64 texture file... If that makes any sense.

Then I update to 14.11.2 and now Planetside 2 is doing it, but DayZ isn't.. Maybe these drivers have DirectX 9 issues?

I even saw my RAM usage for Planetside 2 and it was running just over 2GB (It never does that).

aside from that the textures in both DayZ and Planetside 2 as well as rendering features just look aweful.

7. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    This driver caused a weird driver crash in bf4. One monitor would be solid red, one black, one green, and one blue. Going back to 14.9. Also, this driver bf4, and a few games as well, my crossfire load would go up and down alot. 14.9 was very consistent.

8. achahin

achahin Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7690M XT 2G
    No answer yet...

Am I in a desert or what?

9. tiganho

tiganho Guest

GPU:
    HD 6850 1GB GDDR5 256BITS
  10. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

If your device ID doesn't exist (all supported device IDs are in the first post), then it won't install.

Otherwise, you could always just try it and find out.

11. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Installed today on hd7670m without issues. Switchable graphics work properly.

12. Meccs

Meccs Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 480 GAMING X 8G
    Dragon Age runs better with Mantle but I have severe frame drops from time to time. It runs at a stable 60 and then suddenly down to 30 for a second. It stutters like it's loading something but I have the game on an SSD and it doesn't happen under DirectX. Really strange.

13. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Turns out all of those crashes I have experienced lately could have been related to some bug in Mozilla Firefox 33.1 where starting a new session would halt the driver? Installed an update (33.1.1) no more crashes? How is this related?

14. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    This is not the first time when firefox has some stupid issues on amd gpus. I'm happy opera user.

15. cowman

cowman Guest

Try putting your textures to medium. Everything else can be set to whatever, that's what almost completely removed the stuttering for me. I found that on the ubisoft forums... I still get stutter but it is tremendously reduced now.

16. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Try vsync off. Sometimes it locks fps to 30 at certain parts (not cinematics).

17. asskicker2

asskicker2 Guest

GPU:
    b
    I'm still getting black screens of death with these drivers. Is AMD never going to solve this?

Luckily most of the time it's solved by unplugging my monitor and plugging it back in.

18. Titan29

Titan29 Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 | 7900XTX
    Batman Arkham City crashes to desktop when DX 11 Tessellation is turned on.
    Also, Crysis 2 crashes to desktop when 'Water' is set to Ultra and during the game we go to a scene that has water. Also, in DX9 mode Crysis 2 does not launch at all and crashes right away during opening logo.

Could anyone confirm these issues?

19. darkjj

darkjj Guest

Hey, I tried it out for you, I have realy no problems with Batman Arkham City/Dx11 Tesselation maxed.

20. Titan29

Titan29 Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 | 7900XTX
    Strange. I can reproduce the issue every single time. I wonder what is wrong. Tried with single 7950 and still happens.

Also, I tried windows 8.1 with 14.4 WHQL as well as 14.9 WHQL still crashes.

Currently on windows 10 tech preview (9879) and 14.11.2 beta.

To rule out issue with game files etc, I removed the game compeletely and re-downloaded from steam. Still reproducible.