Assassin's Creed Unity

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    I for one would be more than happy to wait for game releases ,if it meant that games would be optimized and running in a good state. i've nothing against uplay in fact i own all assassins creed games and more on it ,i've said it before and i will say it again ,i just wish that the gaming companies wouldn't release games that don't work , this does nothing but give them a bad name and increase the piracy rate as consumers want to try before they buy.
    Bring back gaming demos,,it would make many people happy and confident that the product they're buying will work on their hardware and that they are getting what they are paying for , im sure it would be a win win in the end.

2. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    I was prompted to change my password in uplay... did it.. and now can't log in again...
    gave up after several attempts and changes...
    Got a complaint ticket for my worries from Ubisoft, no replay yet. Not surprised since their sailing into a **** storm with full sails on at the moment, no time for me...

So now I'm finishing Ryse of Rome for the moment

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  3. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    We are being used as beta testers and Ubisoft gets negative press for releasing unpolished games. Better to delay PC versions and get better feedback on release. Win-win scenario.

On the other hand, given the length of delay for GTA V on PC there's going to be a huge backlash if the game doesn't run well and have all its features activated 1st week of release.

4. Tnecniv

Tnecniv Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Uploaded a very quick vid. A quick stroll down a reasonably crowded street with nice ambient crowd audio and performance results with 1920x1080, fxaa, maxed out settings (getting mostly 50-60fps):

Also, did a quick comparison between in-game AA options. There is a border line glitch with MSAA and TXAA (edit; it is very noticeable around his head, legs, and sword hilt).

MSAA4x (the glitch is present at 2x and 8x values, as well):
    [​IMG]
    TXAA: (not only glitchy but also more blurry):
    [​IMG]
    FXAA (border glitch begone, also less jaggies):
    [​IMG]
    Simply put, fxaa is the best option here in terms of looks and performance, especially when combined with downsampling, it looks great.

5. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Why do women dresses still move like thick cardboard sails?

6. NuBee

NuBee Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x Zotac GTX 1080 FE SLI
    At that time they wore an underskirt, garment, I don't know what is called, like a skirt-skeleton to keep the dress...
    ...of course the cloth animations are limited on only a few NPCs

7. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    So.. I realized why my performance with one 760 (let alone 2) is so poor. Don't know why I missed that, but my GPU usage in SLI is extremely low. Talking 40~60% usage on each gpus.

In single GPU mode, its like 93-73-93-73-93%, it keeps jumping up and down. This seems like a CPU bottleneck, however I don't think 4670k @ 4.85GHz should pose a CPU bottleneck?

Anyway after a small struggle, got a refund for it. No I didn't preorder it, and didn't feel like pirating it just to test it out. Maybe will get it again in the summer steam sale 2015. Will take FC4 with the nvidia promotion from my 970.

8. lantian

lantian Guest

i get the same type of usage with my gtx 670 and my pentium g3258@4,7ghz so im pretty sure there is no cpu bottleneck in your case, it's just Ubish**'s epic coding skills

9. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    My gf is using a 4690k @ 4,5 ghz together with 680 sli, and she experienced cpu bottlenecking aswell, where it would stutter like a mofo, no matter how much we changed the Graphics settings. So i went to nvidia control panel, set adaptive v-sync to half speed (as in locked to 30 fps), disabled sli, and now its completely fluid :)

10. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Try what i just wrote above :)

11. lantian

lantian Guest

will do
    edit. So i tried it it makes it a lot smother but the usage is about the same as before thx

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2014
  12. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    If i were to give you further advice, id set everything to low, but use hboa+ (makes a huge difference on Visuals), and use fxaa, and Bloom. Wont look AMAZING, but it will still look pretty ok, and most importantly, it will run on smoothly on that 2gb vram :)

13. lantian

lantian Guest

it is smooth now on 1080p with maxed settings and fxaa, it stays at 30 for most part had a dip to 29 at some points but its pretty good now, just strange that gpu usage is still the same as before, but i guess untill we get the next few patches it will be like that.
    Cant wait for tessellation patch
    edit, some of you misunderstand i have no stuttering issue's i just cant get 100% utilization on my gpu

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2014
  14. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    I'm 100% sure the stuttering on 2 or hell even 4gb vram cards is because of the drop in gpu usage itself. My friends 8730M with 2GB at 720p is able to provide a far smoother experience even at sub 20fps just because its hitting 99% utilization, and thats on a very old AMD Catalyst driver.

Dont have the game with me anymore, but thanks for suggesting fixes. Hopefully it will be ironed out by the summer sale or when the tessellation patch hits.

15. GPU

GPU Guest

I agree

just saying in general

peeps will have to learn to load these new gen. games on low and work up until the game gets unstable ,then back off some settings.

instead of crapping all over the net that their NOW system thats a $100 ebay box can't run a game at max. settings.

btw. I started on high and worked up until I had [lack of vram stutter] then backed off the tex. settings for now [vram@ 26xx mb],waiting to see what patch 3 brings then reajust again.

-running ACU fine with 344.80

16. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    You're giving Unity too much credit. I most certainly don't have a sh!tbox computer and the performance is nowhere near acceptable levels, especially for a game running with no aa (fxaa.. well.. not really aa, is it now)

17. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Dont know what you are talking about - performance is ace here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Note that the last screenie is at the Plaza infront of notredame, aka the most demanding place in the game, and im getting 60 fps.

The first screenie is during a small fps dip, but even then the framelatency is only 16.3 ms, aka no stutter.

18. lantian

lantian Guest

I hope tessellation patch will bring the graphics atleast a bit closer to what ubish** advertised in their bullshots

19. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Honestly, what ubisoft shows with their bullshots, is never obtainable with current hardware. Cause there is no LOD distance in their bullshots (max details all the way), and their shots are downsampled from 8k. Youd need like ten times the power of current top gpu's to run that, and then youd still need to use like 3 way sli.

That said, i think the Visuals on max settings are preeetty impressive.

20. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    The biggest drawback to the game is the played out mechanics of it; it's a formula that is in dire need of a change. The worst thing about it is that they use it for all their games so you are basically playing the same game just different visuals.

How can they not take complete advantage of the premise of being an assassin? The only time you assassinate people is in main missions and they give the illusion that you can plan it out when in fact it is completely linear. Adding the ability of choice in a game like this would improve it immensely. Enough with the doldrums of rewarding the player with un-lockable aesthetics which have zero effect on how the game plays out; this only masquerades as choice. The only thing really new, which shows what little effort Ubisoft puts into these games, is the murder mystery mission which takes about as much deduction as a Hardy Boys novel does.

An ideal new mechanic for this game would be to basically expand on the murder mystery missions and make that the game. Give the player a conspiracy then they have to figure out who is involved and assassinate them. It is completely up to the player to determine who to assassinate and they might kill the wrong person which would then change the dynamics of the conspiracy and make things harder for the player. Don't be afraid to punish the player either for making wrong choices (we don't need our hands held, most of us have been playing games a long time now.) When a target is chosen give the player the option to go in and kill everyone or do a slow burn where you can assassinate their character and get the people against them, i.e. framing them for murder.

Another glaring example of lazy developing is the whole "Arno doesn't kill civilians blah blah blah." Why not incorporate a little bit of ingenuity where if you are nice to civilians they help you and you if you kill them they work against you. It's just a small example of give and take that can add a layer of dynamics to a game and potentially make it more enjoyable.

There is no reason an open world game should be boring, it's lazy developing. Instead of looking for the quick payout, Ubisoft needs to abandon the yearly turn around and put some thought and time into their next game.

My dumb logic.

Another thing, enough of the "climb a tower and reveal the map". Especially when the same sh*t is revealed by each tower: a plethora of chests (that's fun), the exact same side missions, and a bunch of who cares collectibles that unlock who knows what, a former fancy man's brooch?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.