Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread - Pt.1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I meant DA1, tab probably works but I never used it, and that would only cycle through enemies rather than pick the one I want.

Basically I like the crosshair.

Nah, static time and weather.

You should check out some of the screenshots on low, everyone looks like they're made from plastic like barbie.

2. saif

saif Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X DualX OC
    Im surprised to see so many positive reviews down here, I wonder if we're playing the same game

1. Controls simply suck, default settings are nothing like any rpg ever created.

2. Tactical camera? hello?

3. Difficulty settings, really? normal is for kids, an RPG without default friendly fire? Harder difficulties just add health and resistance to enemies

4. Character customization, you cant even get to distribute any points at all, you just pick powers... dragon age origins, where are you?!

5. Diversity? where? I have 3 mages in the party and all of them sharing most of the spells, and I am just level 8.

6. AI Tactics? they just go and throw all the spells they have until they're out of stamina/mana

3. Hisenburg

Hisenburg Guest

GPU:
    HIS 290x
    Controls are just fine. Anyone having a hard time with the controls needs to adapt to a keyboard and mouse better.

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I play with a gamepad. Controls are perfectly fine. :D

5. saif

saif Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X DualX OC
    seriously? no auto-attack? holding R so your guy keeps attacking, instead of letting you focus on the tactics? moving with wasdqe instead of click move and queuing orders? tactical camera rotating with A-D? "manual" looting instead of right clicking and letting your guy go? no walking? I could go on.

It is so sad they made of DA:I a console port when they promised the main platform is PC.

The game is good I admit, maps and graphics are great, and story gets interesting as well, but the gameplay lets you down and keeps you from focusing on the right thing. How can they throw away what was a success in the previous games?

6. jimdove

jimdove Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    add the ****ty optimisation to this list. Game is unplayable for me atm and my rig is more than enough for this game.

low settings same fps as ultra? **** off lol

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    times change, get used to that. Games change, controls get streamlined. I could also say that DA: O was streamlined, compared to BG, it's normal that games move on. If they didn't, we'd still be using text commands to execute actions in rpgs.

Anyway, I don't think the success of DA: O was in auto attacking, or mouse click movement, or in looting. Sure, the combat was deemed good by many, but also bad by many. What made DA: O a success was it's strong story and immersion in the beautifully created world.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  8. Hisenburg

Hisenburg Guest

GPU:
    HIS 290x
    Have you played wow? You sound like you have. GTFO Wrath baby. Wanting everything as easy as the magical unicorn. I hate people like you. Die in a fire please.

9. h4rm0ny

h4rm0ny Guest

GPU:
    R9 285 / 2GB
    This is a little discouraging. I considered DAO the perfect game. I played the demo of DA:2 and found it atrocious and not at all fun. I had heard that DA:I had a lot more of DAO's tactical nature available in it.

How is the tactical view in DA:I different from that in DAO? I thought it was going to be a restored version of the original.

Difficult is also a little worrying - I did the entire first game on Nightmare and I liked it like that. Very challenging.

10. h4rm0ny

h4rm0ny Guest

GPU:
    R9 285 / 2GB
    Yeah, we get it - you like the direction. You don't have to leap in every time someone is critical and tell them to deal with it and blame them for not liking it. Different people like different things.

11. Hisenburg

Hisenburg Guest

GPU:
    HIS 290x
    You guys mistake like/dislike for superior. People may LIKE a controller better but does not make it the superior choice.

12. jimdove

jimdove Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    IVe spent 6 hours in game according to Origin, and ive only just got to hinterlands. Constant playing with settings to get a decent framerate. ITs fine at the start and out in the open, the towns are a joke. Any ideas lads? tried the user.cfg settings ppl say try. Nothing works, Even lowering all settings and turning somethin thigns OFF dont help!.

13. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Like and superior are both the same and highly subjective to personal tastes.

plz stop

What fps are you classing as a joke?

14. Hisenburg

Hisenburg Guest

GPU:
    HIS 290x
    Like and superior are completely different definitions. Are you from a different universe where they mean the same thing?

15. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Yes apparently.

plz stop

16. jimdove

jimdove Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    dropping into the 30s, stutters like hell when theres any other npcs (in towns) not that theres a lot of them either.

and its not like normal low framerate, its massive amounts of "missing frames" kind of stutter. easily visable when spinning camera around near a town.

Tried Nvidia newest .75 drivers and older .48s

17. Hisenburg

Hisenburg Guest

GPU:
    HIS 290x
    Okay I only argue with people on my planet.

18. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Played a fair bit with a single card after forgetting to enable SLi when I updated to the latest drivers and not once Have I seen anything close to 30fps with every at max with AA off, think the lowest I saw was around the 45fps mark.

I've disabled origin while playing and I'm forcing vsync through the nvidia control panel with ingame vsync disabled, fixed a lot of stuttering and I don't have flickering textures in SLi anymore.

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    WTF are you on about? where did I leap in every time someone is critical? Trying to start something? Feel free to do so, many have. now gtfo.

20. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Guest

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500
    Control scheme is ok. Not being able to bind or rebind mouse buttons isnt. And the UI, mainly menus and navigation, is atrocious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.