Ubisoft Taunts Software pirates with missing FOV control in Far Cry 4

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Pirates are scum.

2. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    The game was released, on the same day a patch was released, so the people who actually bought the game had a good working version from the get go.

Your logic is skewed.

3. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I only steal cars to see if I like the way they drive(I don't trust other peoples reviews). I only break into houses to see if I like the way they're designed on the inside(Some people decorate horribly). I take food I didn't pay for because I wanted to make sure I can accept the taste or not.(Wouldn't want something nasty in my mouth.)

There was ever no way pirating a game could help the developers or the sales of the game. It's the exact opposite. It never has been, and never will be. There is no right justification to pirating software, ever. Either support the developers by buying their application, or just don't touch it. Admitting though, developers should push more demos out...

It's patched in, but there really isn't stopping the warez communities from cracking this patch and putting it in....

Ubisoft likes to place blame on everyone else for problems, but are not willing to face their own problems. Uplay!

4. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    There was a time when I was young and dumb and I pirated games like 8 years a go. I never enjoyed them never ever no matter how good the game was (must be guilt). And well now I do my research and if so I will buy from steamsales for 5€ or whatnot if the game isn't a MUST HAVE NOW! thing.

In ye olden days when there were loads of demos it was easy to test stuff out. But now nah not really. And it is hard to trust game journalists tbh so many different sources gives a bit more clearer picture. And pirating hurts the industry as whole and of course our beloved pc market suffers from it a lot, I wouldn't want to dev a game for pc in the least if I knew it will be pirated to hell and back.

But I am going to guess ubi is blaming legit customers here too.

5. giri.placid

giri.placid Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    Fantastic. However I feel its better to deploy the entire AI on the cloud. This way the game just wont function without logging in to Uplay. Also the place I live Ubisoft sells FC4 for $30 this is considerably lower than EU/US. This really help people here afford it.

6. undeadpolice

undeadpolice Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980 K|NGP|N (SLI)
    As much as I dislike pirates, This kind of stun from ubisoft only confirms that they immature, lazy and greedy.

If ubisoft fixes their **** pirates would never be a problem.

7. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    Not even remotely true.

8. giri.placid

giri.placid Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    **** or not, no body has the right to touch another persons **** for free.

9. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Uplay has caused a lot of issues for tons of people. I am not sure why is Ubisoft still trying to push it. Friends on steam are regretting that they bought an Ubisodt game that requires Uplay. They wont be buying one anytime soon when i spoke with them.

Also does anyone know if Ubisoft will be incorporating uplay into older games that did not have the service? If so that will really mess up with some of the older titles that people have from Steam that they will want to play.

10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    It is not so good idea. Because if you reinstall game and have no access to internet for patch/activation, then not even crack is solution.

Bit smarter would be to have silent check for anti-piracy library functionality and if it was altered/disabled then game would do that additional anti-piracy stuff.

But then again, If player is unable to activate legal game he can't play.
    I did not buy Sacred 2 for this very reason at launch, and so many did same to point developers died.
    (I own Sacred 1/2 for some years, but that is too late for developers.)

11. gUNN1993

gUNN1993 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 Windforce 3
    Too right, at least buy them dinner first.

12. Mostafa Hijazi

Mostafa Hijazi Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 980 Ti SC+ SLI
    Well they should fix the black out shadows first instead of this.... What a Joke !!!

13. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Could not agree more. Unfortunately people these days think they are entitled to everything. If the game doesn't work 100% correctly at launch the internet acts like a lynchmob. I can't think of any game I've ever played in the last 25 years that has been bug free.

14. Mostafa Hijazi

Mostafa Hijazi Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 980 Ti SC+ SLI
    I won't hide it, but there were time back in the day when I only downloaded pirated games.

I totally agree that the developers have the right to protect their products. But What about the consumers ?! I paid for the gold edition 90$ and can't even play because of the dark shadows issue. I know this is an SLI related issue and there's a fix for it but I will wait for proper fix for this.

15. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    Everyone seems to fail to consider that just as no one is entitled to pirate a game, companies aren't entitled to stay in business :p. I can agree on the bug thing but with Watch Dogs they delayed the release by months and it was still shoddy, so they've sorta lost the benefit of the doubt.

16. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    Ambassador of the Bay here... carry on. :cop:

17. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    pirating the game allowed me to get a true picture of the garbage i shouldn't buy - the game is a mess - exactly like FC3 with same engine only runs like ****, stutters, no good optimization - and btw for the record - FOV works just fine...

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Lucky you, I still cannot get W_D to play properly and it still stutters like mad, even with the latest patch. That game was 35€ down the drain since I'll most likely never finish it. I'll upgrade once Broadwell hits the streets and it will be interesting to see if its my computer or the damn game.

FC4 is also a stutterfest and I never bought ACU due to all the rage across the forums about the game being unplayable. I'm pissed at Ubisoft since they really *cannot* release a stable game at launch. QA is non-existent and I'm baffled that they get away with it release after release. Why is this behaviour "industry standard"?

19. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Because you guys continue to buy their products. Don't like their previous work? Stop buying their future work. Eventually they will go out of business.

20. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    I pick up the games that seem interesting months (sometimes over a year) after release and they're still chugging. I guess they still make some money since I have to buy them, new even if they're <$10.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.