FarCry 4 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Definitely agree that Unity is the most next-gen looking game yet but all that detail comes at the expense of an overly aggressive level of detail scaling that has NPCs switching from low to high details way to close to the player to not be noticeable. Whether that is because of the high detail or number of NPCs is unclear but I personally find the LOD switches to be jarring. Hell, the LODs on the NPCs change just by rotating the camera around Arno!!!

2. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Can confirm this is the solution.

3. 3Dghost

3Dghost Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970 GHz Ed
    Yes, things come super easy in FC4, money is not a problem there and almost everything is marked on the map. Collecting diamonds was difficult in FC2 and rewarding. I just really did not like the AI seeing you after killing one guy which killed the stealth gameplay almost completely...and the malaria, did not have to be there. I would be so bold and compare the loneliness and harder to get resources to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games?

4. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    No modding at all so far? :(

5. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    It's only been out for a week! Give people time.

Only played FC3 before this version and I would 100% welcome a more difficult world state with sparse materials or a survival difficulty option i.e food and hydration needs. I think personnel I could go to Kyrat and turn over Pagen Mins army it's that easy and be back in work monday morning!

6. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    When I enable Borderless Window mode my resolution is screwed up with only about 25% of what should be on screen is showing. Anyone else having this problem?

[​IMG][/IMG]

7. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    set the shortcut to disable display scaling and run as admin on the shortcut, also is DSR on?

8. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Hmm yeah I guess you have a point!

I have the same problem, I have DSR enabled in Nvidia settings (use it for Fifa) but I only have Far Cry set to use 1920 x 1080, annoying :(

9. 3Dghost

3Dghost Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970 GHz Ed
    Maybe there will be a hardcore mod one day.

10. Adexus

Adexus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLi
    The NPC's don't look much better but I think the quality of the main characters is amazing and the lip sync is absolutely spot on, definitely the best looking open world game I've played, couldn't help but take screenshots throughout!

11. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Hmm, its only on some screenshots i find the LOD to be an issue - i dont suffer from what others have shown, of very low poly Buildings, that are only a short distance away.

If you take this screenshot as an example, the npc's furthest away still looks pretty detailed imo :)

http://i.imgur.com/khHerbg.jpg

12. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i was able to make the resolution full screen by creating a custom resolution
    1440*900=900*1,7777778=1599,9999 means 1600*900, so my fullscreen resolution now in game is 1600*900, did try every solution available on this thread for stutter, but didn't work, best setup is, medium textures with ssbc and smaa,maxprerender frames 1, alphatocovarage=0 in gamerprofile.xml, playable.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  13. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    same settings here mate on my system in my sig ... 40 - 60fps only with the slight jarring/judder that seems to occur and i can even have some settings on ultra oh and shadows at medium too

14. tw1st

tw1st Guest

GPU:
    Asus 3080 ROG Strix
    Ubisoft officially announce patch 1.4 for today right?

15. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Is that going to fix the annoying stuttering? Even TotalBiscuit mentioned it in his Port Report video.

16. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I hope so. I also hope it fixes a bug where the game now crashes randomly at some point when I choose to fire my weapon. :3eyes:

17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    The patch notes were mentioned earlier in this thread and didn't include anything about stuttering afaik. Not sure they were official or rumoured though.

18. dave6479

dave6479 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI
    Installed patch 1.4 but unfortunately there wasn't any change in the stuttering department, feels just the same as 1.3. Will go through Inspector and test out some SLI bits again.

19. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Choose SSAO

20. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    I have been having this same issue since launch. Can someone confirm this fix works? I'm not using DSR. EDIT: I'm at work so can't try out for myself.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.