Call of Duty Advanced Warfare

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Apr 30, 2014.

1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    I actually play it on PS4.... and even in servers where everyone seems to have a good connection, melee still seems to be behind a bit.

2. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    imo there's no point in playing with the current lag comp system, if you're doing well you're more than likely seconds ahead of the people you're killing, if you're doing bad you're more than likely seconds behind the people you're being killed by.

This game feels almost exactly the same as MW3 on launch, just give it time, they'll address the issues lag (over)compensation, and the people complaining will turn into the happy people, and the people saying there's nothing wrong will turn into the people complaining. Nothing wrong with the hit detection, it's just you're shooting someone who isn't there on their end.

edit: Yes, even with the latest patch.

3. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Closer to Alaska than me though :nerd: Well, not exactly helpful, I know.
    Maybe that's their fallback-listening-server system kicking in?
    They used to have server centres in Frankfurt (as close as it's going to get for me) and Ireland (still only ~20ms away), so I haven't had issues.
    80-90ms would already be NYC though and *could* feel weird.

4. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    I think the problem is not necessarily lag but their "lag compensation" system. This has been a problem with every single CoD game since Modern Warfare. It's a problem inherent to a player hosted system as opposed to dedicated servers. With dedicated servers if 2 people both have a ping of 80 to the server then they're both equally lagged and at an equal disadvantage (advantage?) to each other. With player hosted it all depends on who's the host and even after the game starts if you had a good ping in relation to that host if someone on the host's network starts streaming netflix or something then suddenly everyone's connection sucks and it just throws everything off. You're especially screwed if you end up being the host and get lag compensated.

FYI there are no dedicated servers yet, so these server centers you're near are just the listening servers and don't really have any effect on in game lag, that's down to whoever's host. Another thing, if there's not any listening servers near Minneapolis (which there probably are because it's still the 16th largest metropolis in the US) then there is absolutely, most definitely going to be listening servers in Chicago which is very close so I don't really see how I'm in a different boat than you are.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014

5. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    I've had these same thoughts for quite a long time.

6. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Me too I get shot and die and it seems like only a shot or two and I watch the kill cam totally different than my perception.So annoying.

7. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I've reached rank 17 and yet most matches I'm extremely lucky if I even get a shot on someone, never mind a full blown kill. I've been thinking perhaps it was just me not playing CoD online for a while as back when I was playing older games I was an utter beast and often topped the match lists.

Most matches I've played so far have ended with me having 0 kills again and again and again. More often than not the game feeling out of synch with what I'm doing feels to blame rather than my own lack of action.

Quite deflating I must admit.

8. Cyrax

Cyrax Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti gamer SLI
    glad im not the only 1.....

i finally bought a cod game again....but seems i cant hit anything.
    feels so anoying when you start shooting a guy but you`re the one getting killed everytime

9. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    It's the same for me, I was a 3 avg k/d player in every cod before this one except MW3 because it had the same problems, but I managed to scrape that to a 2.something by the time I stopped playing.

I remember when MW3 first launched, you could literally put an entire mag into someones back, get no hitmarkers, and then die from 1 bullet from the guy. At first I was thinking "Wow is everyone suddenly just amazing at Call of Duty? Have I been left behind?!", but of course that wasn't the case since they released a patch that (sort of) fixed it and I could finally go on streaks. Thinking this is going to be the same if/when they fix it.

UNLESS IT'S FINE AND LITERALLY EVERYONE WHO PLAYS COD SUDDENLY BECAME BETTER PLAYERS THAN US?! :infinity:

10. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    I find it varies from match to match a lot.Two matches in a row first match I can't seem to hit anything and next match I'm great I have serious doubts that my ability varies that much.Not a great player to begin with but I'm not so bad I finish on the bottom.

11. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Yet again last night was melee'd to death by someone who, in the killcam, i was already behind. Another melee'd me while i was mid-slide... which i'm pretty sure they didn't have time to aim down at me (accidentally skipped the killcam out of habit).

12. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Just to let you know the engine caps at 91fps not 90fps.

Its been like this since the first COD I think, I know for sure MW1 did 91fps and every other one after that too unless you used the console command com_maxfps XXX (XXX being whatever you want) or if you used a hack to unlock fps.

13. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Exactly. That has been the limit for a very, very long time.

The network thing is a mixed bag though. If you're able to hit what you're seeing, well, what else could you want? I found MW1 and WaW to be extremely accurate in that regard and when I started playing MW1 online, I couldn't believe how fast people were.
    I got used to it though and started to play more tactically. Once I did that, I got along much better.

On the other hand, if you're used to playing against people who're like a second or two behind, people you can simply bump into and still get the upper hand, well... guess then you're out of luck once everyone is in "sync".
    BO2 was like that for me, for example: Matches either felt really easy or extremely hard, hardly something in between.
    As I'm usually playing hardcore, getting that one bullet to register is crucial. Especially with the insane speed and very "three-dimensional" movement in this game I'm quite happy with the hit registration and net code so far. Maybe I just got lucky, who knows, but even the friends I usually play with weren't complaining more than usual :D

14. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    You are lucky. I as well like playing hardcore and that's when I find the lack of sync most noticeable. Some matches are worse than others and some are OK but none really seem to be perfect. Never will be until we get dedicated servers.

15. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    The lag issues on this game! Last night was the worst so far.

I can play one match, the menu's don't lag or slow, the game plays just fine and I have a super fun time. Switch to the next map and the game just goes utterly to ****. Menu's lag or pause for up to a minute before I can do anything, lag gets me killed at least a few times as I enter before calming down just enough for me to start making a dent in the other players. Then just as I start enjoying myself the random intermittent pauses just make me want to explode.

I'm Rank 20 and genuinely find the multiplayer fun to play even with the campers, the divers, the terrible spawn points. The lag however is beyond frustrating as it turns a normal session of several issue free matches into a continued mess of start and stop, start and stop instead.

Do any new games even get properly tested any longer??

16. NanYer

NanYer Guest

GPU:
    Vapor-X R9 270x 2GB
    The game is awesome but to get rid or lessen more of lag issues and increase the fps. Just turn off the anti aliasing setting on the game options and turn off preload shaders and also the two cache. To get the graphics in high quality go to AMD Catalyst see settings below it work on my amd rig might work on others too.

Go to gaming -->3d application settings ---> click + add

Click add + ---> locate your COD:AW exe file. then follow the settings below.

Anti-Aliasing

Anti-Aliasing Mode - Override application settings
    Anti-Aliasing Sample - i set mine to 24xEQ
    Filter - Edge-detect
    Anti-Aliasing Method - i set mine Supersampling

Texture Filtering
    Anisotropic filtering - Override application settings
    Anisotropic Filtering Level - 8x
    Texture Filtering Quality - I set mine to High Quality
    Subsurface Format Optimization - On

Click save then exit catalyst then run your game.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  17. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Guess now I ran out of luck, too. Games were harder to find (with a lobby), hit reg was a lot worse and several times, the game would kick one of is out of the lobby during loading. Great set of patches.

PS: a friend of mine has issues with his 980, but oy in this game. Normally it's a good overclocker but for AW, he even has to reduce the clocks from default and set a frame rate limit. Quite weird.

18. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    This does absolutely nothing for lag...it's just graphics stuff.

19. KrzYsieK8926

KrzYsieK8926 Guest

GPU:
    MSI HD 7770 Ghz Edition
  20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Hahaha... It seems that the gaming industry needs purging. These parasites that have been allowed to make games for the last 10 or so years need to be gone. Sure people will loose jobs, but it wouldnt be long before they got those jobs back working for someone who is interested in making quality games.