GeForce 344.75 WHQL Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Nov 18, 2014.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Well i got a TDR in COD Ghosts - it crashed with d3d11.dll as the cause, also with live kernel event error: 141 at the same time..

344.65 was weird it would downclock in COD BO2, now this one TDR'd in COD Ghosts?
    Its like new COD AW tweaks conflict with other CODs..

EDIT: will reinstall driver, maybe it fixes it.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  2. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Use DDU, also, make sure that the crash is not related to GPU O/C(If you have any).

3. alvaro761991

alvaro761991 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 850m
    i'am actually getting lower fps with these drivers in Farcry4

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    By both COD's it happened at stock boost.

I've overwrite the driver, rebuild wmi and dism repair image just in case. Will see how it goes..

Although I had enhanced MFAA by both with nvinspector, but idk if that could cause it..

+ extra 3 frames to render ahead and nvidia's own 90fps limit on top of ingame to make it smooth, no vsync, dog fur - high, physx turbulance off, 4xmsaa, rest highest.

EDIT: just tested stock gpu boost in 3dmark11 @ extreme, RE6 @ DSR, Vally Extreme HD and both passed fine - usually very picky when it comes to OC.. Will see COD again later.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black

No the distorting image around the cursor is now fixed with DSR, But there was another issue were the cursor goes missing when it at edge of top of the screen when dsr is used

http://imgur.com/t5WFUPX
    See the area i circled in red the mouse is missing but it is highlighting the ? in the UI.

This happen reguardless of game so long as DSR is used the Mouse cursor goes missing near the top edge of the screen but it is actual still there and can highlight things, the cursor just isnt visible

6. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd
    Has anyone else experienced Firestrike glitching during the demo vid? The audio is out of sync since upgrading to these? Should I reinstall the drivers again? or 3dmark13 or both? Any ideas?

7. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6700XT OC 12Gb
    These drivers finally sorted out frame latency that was happening with WoW for me, it started when they launched the new patch but is now rectified.

Peace at last from my nagging GF lol

8. HRose

HRose Member

Constant hitching even for TotalBisquit on 980 SLI (and hexcore):

youtube.com/watch?v=M25Le3JdHH8&list=UUy1Ms_5qBTawC-k7PVjHXKQ

So, ManuelG, please get in contact with FC4 devs and figure what the hell is going on here.

Also the problem of the constant permanent stutter in the movement when framerate is instead perfect.

AC Unity:

- Needs "High" textures balanced. "High" on PC is overall better than PS4, yet distant textures look HORRID on PC, very much lower compared to a PS4. Whereas "very high" textures on PC are much higher than PS4 normally, but on par with in at the far distance. On PC we need the normal high textures WITH a decent distant LOD. Unity on "high" looks terrible on PC compared to a console because of this.
    - Performance is obviously very bad, but at least when it works it's smooth.

FC4:

- Better performance than Unity, but more radical bugs going on.
    - The hitching as you move/drive around, that seems happening for everyone.
    - The stuttery movement even with butter-smooth fps (even with everything set to low/off). As if movement is sampled at lower frequency than what is displayed.

9. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    The hitching in Far Cry 4 I nearly eliminated completely by setting DisableLoadingMip0 from "0" to "1" in GamerProfile.xml. Hope this helps.

10. HRose

HRose Member

Yes, we discussed this.

But it needs to be solved by devs, not by tweaking options.

That setting also has consequences too, even if less serious than the hitching itself.

11. HRose

HRose Member

12. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Far Cry 4

i'm seeing ghosting effect every time i change something in the display menu !!!

13. 1stcowgirl

1stcowgirl Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti DCIIOC
    Did anyone tried the Moded 344.75?
    is CUDA conversation Working?
    I tried copy\paste the files manually (like we did with previous drivers) but it dident work.
    im doanloading the moded driver now

14. RdJokr

RdJokr Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 750 Ti TF / 2GB
    I get this weird issue with Far Cry 4, when I turn on TXAA. The bottom of the screen has some weird pink artifacts with TXAA on, whether it's 2x or 4x. MSAA and SMAA has no problems, other than SMAA blurring the guns for some reasons.

15. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    you're confused

16. 1stcowgirl

1stcowgirl Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti DCIIOC
    oops your right, sorry. (got confused)

anyway:
    Now NVCUVID is working:

[​IMG]

17. dhabulin

dhabulin Guest

GPU:
    gtx 970
    Are you using Afterburner frame limiter? Try disabling it. For me, its afterburner frame limiter that causes 100%c cpu load (FC3 nad FC4), and not game itself. No difference in performance.

18. HRose

HRose Member

19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I reported a similar issue when using TXAA in Assassin's Creed: Unity: http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4957889&postcount=126

It's probably best to avoid using TXAA. While it is the best AA solution for reducing sub-pixel shimmering, it is otherwise disappointing considering it either blurs everything to hell and/or leaves jaggies still visible (e.g. Watch_Dogs). In Unity, TXAA overemphasises the specular highlights making them look like visual artifacts too and that's without taking into account the performance hit and VRAM requirements needed to use it.

MFAA seems like it is its replacement but in the few games I've tested it in (which have MSAA), the results have been underwhelming to say the least. In Unity for example MFAA + MSAA-8x still leaves loads of jaggies on foreground and background objects and buildings despite supposedly being the equivalent of MSAA-16x (with FXAA according to Ubisoft). :3eyes:

20. Miguel12345

Miguel12345 Member

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte GTX 970 SLI
    Anyone else having massive image blur in Far Cry 4's cutscenes and MP since the 344.75 drivers ?

If I chose the "NVIDIA" preset I don't have this image blur, but I don't want to have motion blur and TXAA, so if I change any setting I get a blured image in cutscenes and MP.

Running the latest UPlay game update (1.0.3) on two 970 in SLI.

[​IMG]