AMD Catalyst 14.11.2 BETA (14.301.1013.0 November 17)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Nov 18, 2014.

1. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    It could run at 200FPS for all I care, it will still micro-stutter like Far Cry 3.

2. SlackerITGuy

SlackerITGuy Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Fury
    Oh god, FC3 did in fact micro stuttered like there was no tomorrow.

SSD or not, it hitched like crazy.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Yeah, i noticed today that my friend with 670GTX have alot less fps than my 280X.

Stuttering is present but game is kinda playable with this driver.

4. Meccs

Meccs Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 480 GAMING X 8G
    I think the stuttering in NBA2K15 is gone now.

5. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    I just started playing FC3 a couple days ago.

I didn't notice any stuttering so far except at the cinematic part at the very beginning of the game.

I thought it was going to be horrible, but once I got out of the cage it was just fine.

6. Eluron

Eluron Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 290 Tri-X
    I'm having "Display driver has stopped working and has recovered" messages constantly with this driver, I can't even play Hearthstone because it crash when driver resets.

I haven't tried many games yet but FC3 also crash randomly, I'm having more and more problems with every new driver.

7. velocityx

velocityx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FE - EK FCB

oh my god. I briefly installed the driver and the game patch&dlc, turns out it might be fixed finally. Havent had a chance to play a lot, visited three servers, played the beginning of the round in one. no stutters? am i dreaming?

8. Bose321

Bose321 Guest

GPU:
    HD6950 w. AC III heatsink
    Great drivers as usual AMD. Still memory leak in BF4, and it now even crashes after a while.

I've had it. Going to get a 970 tomorrow.

9. tiganho

tiganho Guest

GPU:
    HD 6850 1GB GDDR5 256BITS
    any link that mirror driver? here 10kb/s ....

understand something
    game optimized for amd = game works well on nvidia and amd
    game optimizer for nvidia = lag, crashes, nothing works right

10. remoteman213

remoteman213 Member

GPU:
    2 x Sapphire R9 280X
    Could this mean there'll be a general improvement in crossfire for all ubisoft games? When I played assassins creed 3, I don't think I ever got much higher than 50% usage on each card, while hovering around 45 fps.

11. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Drivers running fine so far.

Why every time there is a new driver thread, there are always many new posters saying they are going Nvidia or AMD sucks. Every single driver thread.

It looks suspicious now.

12. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I guess if Far Cry 3 stutters, Far Cry 4 will. They do here. No idea what causes it or how to fix it.

13. Eluron

Eluron Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 290 Tri-X
    Because people expect new drivers to fix problems, not to make things worse.

14. SpdyRobi

SpdyRobi Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 SLI
    With 14.11.2 I added ACU.exe to the 3D settings under application settings and under AMD Crossfire X Mode I clicked on use AMD pre-determined profile and scrolled down under I found BF4 and used that profile to overwrite the existing ACU profile. This changed my frames on untra-high with 2x7970's from 15 fps up to 60-80 fps.

15. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    so far with triple 29" Uwide with 2x 280x's, my experience isnt horrible...not ideal either..but thats also due to support from the SWare companies too, the odd driver glitch, nothings perfect.

and no, reading this thread, I'll avoid this driver. :) anyone suggest a good driver that works well with Xfire?

16. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    I havent played FC4 or AC because I knew they were gonna run like poo. DA I runs great on my system. No crashes or memory leak.
    Very happy so far.

17. kimpet

kimpet Member

GPU:
    Powercolor R9 270X Devil
    just follow this settings closer to ur gpu card or that matches ur gpu card i dont know how say it like mine r9 270x > 760 or 660

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  18. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Changing the settings isn't the problem, unoptimized games is.

19. crz

crz Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G
    Unfortunately I only had time for a round on a Final Stand server and 3 rounds on vanilla maps, two of which on the same map. Mantle CF clearly beats the s**t out of DX11 CF: on Siege of Shanghai after the building collapsed it maintained a constant 90+ FPS whereas DX11 would drop to 50 FPS with the exact same settings. Also the frametimes were really smooth, with no rough variations like DX11. Will need some more testing to determine if it is really fixed or not, I would say at least 4 different maps on the same server, preferably more as the memory leak is triggered after 2-3-4-5 map loads.

DA:I really eats a ton of RAM when running Mantle CF, with Ultra settings and 4x MSAA when increasing the internal rendering resolution via the console command above 2400 x 1300 it would eat up all 4 GB of RAM (as displayed by Render.DrawScreenInfo 1). More than this resolution and you are screwed, the RAM fills up and massive stuttering begins. With render scale 1.0 on Ultra there is still some stuttering even though the RAM usage is about 3.6 GB. BTW, most BF4 console commands also work in DA:I.

As for FC4, only played the first mission with the 1.3.0.0 patch and it seems semi-decent on High w/ SMAA, there is still some minor hitching, probably when stuff gets streamed from HDD to RAM. Installing to SSD might lower it but for the moment I have it on HDD. Not as bad as FC3 but CF is not yet on.

20. kimpet

kimpet Member

GPU:
    Powercolor R9 270X Devil
    removes stutter issue go to documents> mygames> farcry4 edit gameprofile search for DisableLoadingMip0 and change 0 to 1