FarCry 4 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    the atmosphere is really cool, the music is awesome, feels really that you're in the himalayas, actually to be honest it's the volumetric fog that's adding to the graphics asthetics really good, my only disappointment is that the mechanics and animations are dead straight FC3, but the world is better in FC4 than what was kind of plastic island in FC3.

2. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    The exploration feels more like far cry 2...which is a good thing. You are not forced from point a to b like fc3.

3. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Yeah i got the same thing with my 7950.

4. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    Why have you disabled postFX?

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sounds good .. thanks!

I have it in Uplay ... I might just give it a spin soon :p

6. macfiff

macfiff Guest

GPU:
    280x oc
    does anybody experience frame-drop problems with fc4 when driving and running as if the hdd is loading more data into the vram which causes stutters.
    cpu and gpu util is not at 99%, gpu is about 50% and CPU at around 80%)

interesting thing is that i can put the graphic settings to whatever i like, low, high it does not matter, so the vram of my card cant be full.

other stuff:

latest MSI afterburner and riva works fine with FC4 for me, however somebody in the drivers section mentioned there could be problems with one cpu being constantly at 99% util. and this is caused by the riva frame limiter.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  7. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    Yes.
    Try borderless mode. I am seeing better gpu utilization.

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i am also experiencing frame drops like random, i'll try borderless

9. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    The very fact that Far Cry 4 is the first PC game ever to actually include full dedicated support for both the Dualshock 4 and Xbone One controller as an option on the PC platform pretty much speaks for itself I feel and I for one am ecstatic that they did and hope others follow suit.

10. tw1st

tw1st Guest

GPU:
    Asus 3080 ROG Strix
    Guys... a little confused here. Is nvidia fur currently available as an option in-game, or is this something that is being added later on?

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I'm sure someone said AC Unity also does, Borderlands did as well but I think that was just left over code.

Is it full support, is there specific (non button icons) PS4 pad stuff?

Nvidia performance guide.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I bought the PC key from SimplyGames last night and downloaded the game overnight to briefly play it this morning. I set the game to 16:10 and 1920x1200, which is still letterboxed, I might add (tut!), and set the preset to NVIDIA which cranks everything up to max with 4xTXAA. The game ran at between 40 and 60 fps but was very juddery despite VRAM usage only being around 3.3 GB on my GTX 980 (with the v344.65 drivers). I dropped the AA to SMAA and the game runs at 60 fps pretty much but still feels less smooth that it should be given the hardware it is running on. The PS4 version might only run at 30 fps but it feels far smoother than this game.

I will try the new v344.75 driver tonight but initial impressions are that performance is a little disappointing and it doesn't look significantly better graphically either from the 30 minutes or so I've played, apart from the addition of god-rays and the higher resolutions/framerates. In fact, the AA looks worst overall as the PS4 uses a new one called HRAA that actually reduces shimmering without overly blurring the textures and that is missing from the PC version. There is SMAA but it does not look quite as good as HRAA and does not reduce the sub-pixel shimmering to the same extent around trees and foliage.

13. tw1st

tw1st Guest

GPU:
    Asus 3080 ROG Strix
    Oh... I see. I didn't realize fur was different than this nvidia hairworks. So many new technologies it's hard to keep up with hehe.

14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    No 16:10 support eh? Well that's classic Ubisoft for you there mate.

I don't remember if FC3 had 16:10 support but I think so. AC4 on the other hand didn't and I heard ACU is not true 16:10 but stretched 16:9.

15. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Water also looks terrible in this game on both PS4 and PC, very flat-looking and artificial and is a far cry (ha ha) from the stunning looking water I was seeing in GTA V yesterday. I guess the Dunia II engine is showing its age a bit in some areas.

16. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    creed has letterbox and stretched as an option. aka no 16:10

17. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yup, the game defaulted to 16:9 and 1920x1080 on my system so I was delighted when I saw an option for 16:10 but after setting the resolution to 1920x1200, the game is still letterboxed! :bang:

Ubisoft's devs are a bit clueless, I have to say, as even Assassin's Creed Unity's answer to 16:10 support is simply to add a Stretch option and have the 16:9 1920x1080 image stretched vertically to 16:10 1920x1200!!! :puke2:

18. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    The game does suffer from the annoying stuttering of fc3.

Fingers cross3d it will be fixed with the driver

19. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Mmm Ubi donwloading a patch now, 14gb
    If you want no stretch use borderless, it works fine.

20. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.