Amd crossfire games list - games without profiles/negative scaling WTF AMD

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Plug2k, Oct 14, 2014.

1. BrianJ_64

BrianJ_64 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    Yeah, Shadow of Mordor was developed together with Nvidia, which makes compatibility with Cfx a bit of a pain in the ass.

2. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    He means ALL multi-gpu, not just crossfire.

3. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
  4. bemaniac

bemaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090
    Any news on an official fix for Archeage CFX flickering?

5. griffz

griffz Guest

GPU:
    16GB

Is mantle working with pitcairn gpu crossfire ?

6. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    working? yes

optimized? no

7. crz

crz Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G
    Well since DA: Inquisition uses the Frostbite 3 engine from BF4 I hope it will not have the same Mantle Crossfire memory leak...

8. BrianJ_64

BrianJ_64 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    It's that most older games aren't worth the time and money required to do it. And since the constant technology improvement in GPU's i'd bet you won't require them for the slightest bit.

9. rogerthat1945

rogerthat1945 Guest

GPU:
    iChill GTX 780 HerculeZ X
    So there is a game I will not buy.

Seriously though; I thought that all games developers would be jumping up and down at everyone using SLi Crossfire because the extra horsepower can show off their games better.

I have been using HD7770 Crossfire for Battlefield 4 and it works great. In the morning I pick up two Asus R9 280 for Crossfire. The extra VRam will be useful.

They either want my custom, or they dont.
    That said; I do have an i7 GTX 780 rig in case of emergencies.

10. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Lol. :p

11. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    well a nonworking as promise Crossfire setup since day 1, nothing a little class action suit couldn't fix..:)

12. OmegaX

OmegaX Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 980ti
    Doesn't seem to work with Far Cry 4 at the moment either. Using the latest beta drivers. I tried a couple of custom profiles (Far Cry 3, AFR Friendly.) Neither worked. I get lots of negative scaling and flickering. Add another to the list!

13. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Multi-gpu is such an old technology. Why is it not the norm to support it yet? Especially next-gen games that can't achieve higher than 60fps without it. Does my head in. 2013/14 game support has been absolutely terrible.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  14. AngelOfHavoc

AngelOfHavoc Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti FTW edition
    Firefall anyone? The gpu usage on each card is inconsistent to say the least.

15. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Crossfire is never guaranteed even with Mantle, if AMD can't get that sorted then I doubt others can.

16. amirfoox

amirfoox Member

GPU:
    My main gaming laptop died on me about 6 months ago and I'm stuck with a 5+ years old gaming PC that has trouble running anything.

I can hardly wait any longer, since I'm dying to play a normal game for quite some time, now, especially since Dragon Age Inquisition is out, and I wanted to go big with a 4K monitor and dual GPUs. At first I was considering a 970 SLI setup, but now that a 290X costs quite the same, I started considering going with a CF 290x setup, instead. To complicate matters even worse, now that it seems right around the corner, I wanted to wait for a 390X so I could go for a 4K single GPU solution, but who knows when that beast will ever be released and if it will actually live up to the expectations and allow me to play in 4K all by itself.

I was always hesitant to go for a multi GPU setup and this thread scared the heck out of me, to tell you the truth. I need the bottom line, please - is it worth it to go for a mutli GPU setup for new game releases or there is just no real alternative other than going for the single GPU route?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  17. ravaged

ravaged Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2080 Super
    A 290X setup will pull 300 more watts and costs more at retail. I'm not sure how that qualifies as "costs quite the same". That said, it is probably the better option for 4K.

18. amirfoox

amirfoox Member

GPU:
    Yeah, I meant in terms of GPU vs GPU price, of course. I do realize I'll have to also invest in a better PSU as well. I doubt it'll really matter in terms of the power bill, though, I don't play any long hours marathons.

My question still stands, though - is multi GPU worth the hassle?

19. Bugzzz

Bugzzz Guest

GPU:
    w/e
    There's little gpu power required for this game. Its main bottleneck is majorly on the cpu/api side. The virtual texturing is handled on the cpu and it's baffling as in it being an AMD sponsored title for so long that chokes so much the cpu on draw calls it's (again) just baffling how they didn't use it as a tittle to show off where mantle could shine its strengths over Dx9/11.

20. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Could you provide list of this kind of games? It would be nice to know what will never be fixed because it can't be fixed.

About thread overall... could anyone collect all listed games into first, single post? It would be easier to manage, keep an eye on things.