Assassin's Creed Unity

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Definetly, though Watch Dogs never caused an issue for most console gamers while ACU was so bad it made news on even mainstream news websites which instantly made Ubisoft take notice, unfortunately this is common place for PC gamers and no one's cares

CDPR have been great so far, but it's far to early to see if their attitude is something they can maintain in the long term when they face real pressure for the first time.

2. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    You write BS!

Read my previous post good again and think about it.
    Selling is not everything. Ask yourself what you have from devs who sell a lot of copies but release sh**ty games!

And PC is the ultimate platform cause all games are created on PC. Without PC there would be no games and progress. You cannot ignore PC.

3. Hisenburg

Hisenburg Guest

GPU:
    HIS 290x
    I would have to say PC gamers tend to buy MORE games. They are usually further on in their life thus they have the money. A lot of console players are younger kids. Oh and better deals thanks to steam.

4. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    This game is..............

Major Fail.
    Better luck next time Ubisoft.

5. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    At this point I really don't see how anyone can take what redemption has to say with any credibility at all.

He defends Ubisoft and this joke of a release yet talks about CDPR potentially disappointing fans.. that right there is all you really need to read to get a sense of where he's coming from.

I should know better honestly to even read his posts quoted.. I've had him on ignore for years now.

Anyway, good to see that they are patching the $hit out of this game quickly, but the disgrace is like a bad odor. You can clean around it all you like, but the stench lingers. A potentially great addition to the series is now totally ruined, regardless of how much better it is improved over time.

You only have one shot to make a good first impression.. in their case, they made a very bad one, and then simply will not recover and save any face, which is unacceptable from a top 5 game developer. Inexcusable.

Either way, their position on this all and lack of care for the PC platform will be their downfall sooner or later. Other devs are singing a different tune toward the pc platform [these days] and I'm willing to bet that Ubi will try to get back on that wagon.. will it be too late? We'll have to wait and see.

6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Wow the game runs and looks better than Black Flag ever did on my PC without any triple buffering tweaks.

Indeed. Look at Call of Duty PC.

7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Created on a PC, but sold on a console.

Your living in a fantasy world, so prepare to be disappointed with nearly every game in the future

8. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Cant really disagree with Redemption being a... uhm... yeah...

Regarding ubisoft, i dont think its unlikely that they will just cut off pc entirely, if they keep having issues with their releases on pc, and people buy less and less ubisoft titles on pc.
    Id have mixed feelings about that happening tbh - If you look aside of their lackluster pc support, they do have some very interesting titles, that id miss on pc tbh. But i wouldnt miss their "optimizations for pc? Buy faster hardware, n00b" attitude towards pc gamers.

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Your all just in denial though, burying your head in the sand rather than dealing with the issue.

If that makes you feel better than fair enough, but don't keep complaining when nothing changes or things get worse.

I'm just trying to make you aware of the big business side of things, as i have worked for some of the biggest and worst offenders and know how they operate.

10. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Of course if pc gamers won't buy their games they won't sell em clean and simple :D

11. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Just wanted to let yall know that the mobile app got updated earlier and appears to be working properly now.

12. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    The update wiped my progress.

13. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    SLI scaling is garbage for me with even the latest profile (0x0A0010F5), get heartbeat monitor spikes in usage, its around 77% max. Game beating around 760 at 1080p, dropped to 900p for playable frames, barely can hold 30. Will probably disable SLI and uber OC 1 gpu to play.

14. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Well I figured out how to install a backup through uplay. This should work for other games as well. The only thing that will be different is the number in the data folder.

15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lol the cracked copy actually runs pretty well. Heck if it weren't for my aging CPU, I might even have had 60fps constant!

16. alisaman

alisaman Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 780 WC
    that's what I've heard as well ;-)

17. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    unfortunately i tend to agree.

18. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Guys disconnect your internet while u playing, according to failsoft it should be eliminate performance problem, on same note welcome to 1999 :D

19. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Exactly.

20. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I agree, make it for the consoles first then for PC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.