Assassin's Creed Unity

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    What im experiencing aswell on my gf's 680 sli rig - my rig can run it at almost constant 60 fps, including cut scenes, just that it cant use real aa, only fxaa (rest ultra).

I think the gm204 chips are struggeling with both bandwidth AND vram tbh, though the ones having 4gb vram gm204 versions, are reporting much better performance, which id also expect.

2. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    How do you bring up the Downloads tab in Uplay? The only way I can do it is to select AC: Unity and Verify Files. Once that's done it resumes downloading. When I close Uplay and start it again the Downloads tab is gone.

3. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Please don't get me wrong, but you really are brainwashed.

Ubi is one of the largest game company in the world. Ok! They already have money. They can release the most polished ports if they want. But they don't care because you don't care.

They have lied and released bad ports for their 4 last games; FC3, WD, ACBF, ACU. ACU is the worse, but it's not coincident. And yet the people have remained silent until ACU with which they have cross the line. Pure ignorance!

Without you, the people, there's no Ubi. Ok! The people have created Ubi and all companies. They create games for you, so go on their site and demand better products.
    This works, but it doesn't work when I and other small percent of the people are the only one.

One CDPR can create better and more polished games, and CDPR is nothing compared to Ubi, EA, Activision...

And please use your brain, your potential.

Nhf.

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Did the patch also fix random LOD character details, in distance HQ detail, up close LQ?

Im thinking its only this bugged LOD + over abused drawcalls killing it, mostly messed up LOD system.

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    FarCry 3 was a solid PC release.
    Smooth performance, plenty of PC options to adjust the game.

Even the most solid PC release will have crashes, bugs and issues on certain setups. That's part of the issue with PC gaming, there's countless configurations... it's impossible to make a game that functions perfectly on every one.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist performed great, stable and solid PC release. FC3... same.
    Watch_Dogs... tons of issues, but even ignoring the issues it's a bad game.
    AC4... don't know. Never played it. But, I do know from what I've been told, that many, many people were willing to overlook the issues that might pop up because it was a fun and enjoyable game.
    AC: Unity... sorry, like Watch_Dogs... the issues only add on top of the fact that it's a bland, boring game.

AC: Rogue is awesome. If you want an AC game get it, very much same style as Black Flag. But miles better, more fun and at times... better looking then Unity.
    FarCry 4... so far, early reports are that it's a great, stable PC port with plenty of options and features.

If people don't pre-order, it won't change anything. It won't force publishers to change a damn thing.
    Day one sales make up a huge part of a game's sales, people who buy the game the minute it's released but didn't pre-order.
    Then, those that wait for reviews. Sorry, but reviews for Unity have mostly been positive. Those people will also pick up the game because of a positive review, and being a fan of the series.

You are placing WAY too much importance on the idea of pre-ordering. It doesn't hold some magical power over how a publisher makes decisions on a game's development.

6. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    This happens worse with MSAA and TXAA. Using FXAA almost eliminates it.

7. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    So is this worth buying now? Is it also fixed on consoles?

8. Grabber

Grabber Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD 7850
    If you play this game in Eagle-eye vision mode, the game runs botter smooth. The performance hit is gone.

9. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
    Why would you play this game in eagle-eye vision mode? :3eyes:
    Better dont play at all, than in eagle vision mode...

10. Lancegrim

Lancegrim Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 760 / 2 GB
    So far it runs ok with me, but it has a few problem. Mostly the like 2 pixel textures of houses in a distance.

But so far i have a few complete freezes. Like every 30-40 Minutes the game freezes completly for like 5-10 seconds. That happens no matter what setting i choose.

11. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    Unfortunately that game really use ultra blurry textures in the distance. I have seen screenshots on titan 6GB, and it's not Vram issue for sure.

12. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    An user said this on a forum,hope u learn something from him!

"KSIMP88 View Post

This is what many people are missing.
    Consumers have voted with their $$ for Ubisoft to keep doing what they do, thus, Unity and Rogue and the current state of Ubisoft. It's an idiot circle. Idiots sell games to idiots, idiots buy games from idiots, idiots make more games for idiots, more idiots buy games from idiots.

It's not rocket science. "

13. litwicki22

litwicki22 Guest

Is this normal when i am playing on ULTRA DETAILS + TXAA i have 40-45 fps on city? When i change to FXAA then i have 60 fps above. Card is Gtx 980 and 4790K.

14. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    Yap,normal,the problem is the game not u PC,so that framerates are ok.

15. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    I am confused when i hear the games locked to 30 fps and some are claiming 60 45 etc. Editing inis to break the engine cap?

16. litwicki22

litwicki22 Guest

When playing with TXAA fraps showing 45-50 fps on city. With FXAA 60 fps+ above. Is not too low fps for TXAA? Card is Asus Gtx 980 Strix and 4790K stock.

I am playing with all ULTRA details and 1920x1080 res.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2014
  17. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    The game have problems,wait for 3-4 patches and then,maybe,will be more ok.

The game is not locked to 30 fps.

18. litwicki22

litwicki22 Guest

But FXAA looking very good in that game. I dont see many differences between TXAA. And gameplay is much smoother with FXAA<like 60 fps above>:)
    I am playing on Asus Gtx 980 Strix and I7 4790K stock.

19. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Its locked to 30 fps on console, but not on pc.

20. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    You have repeated that 3 times now...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.