[Watch Dogs] Disable flashing objects, and excessive brightness?

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Deebz, Nov 2, 2014.

1. socola

socola Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 290x 4 GB
    That was i did.

That was i did.
    I configured windows to see the file extension all the time.
    I only named the file like "0265556e47ec3f0-ps_replace".
    I don't know what happen...
    Thanks for try to help!

2. bo3bber

bo3bber Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760 SLI
    Oh yeah, those things annoy the hell out of me too.

There is a shader that can disable that text without too much trouble, and I actually tried to do that with the 3D fix originally. The problem is that when you disable that hint text it also damages other text in the game, including in the UI, and the diamond hack text. So, mixed bag.

3. bo3bber

bo3bber Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760 SLI
    This might be possible with a bit more research (hunting) of the shaders.

For Lemonoid's fix above, he is disabling a Vertex Shader. Vertex Shaders typically operate on multiple Pixel Shaders. So in this example, there probably are multiple Pixel Shaders that draw the different variants of GPS chevrons.

For that reason, for a disable style fix, you typically want to disable Pixel Shaders, not Vertex Shaders. It's not a huge deal, but it's usually slightly less intrusive to disable PS instead.

You might try to hunt down the Pixel Shader associated with the road chevrons to remove just that one visual element.

BTW, if you want to learn how to do this sort of stuff in detail, you might check out "Bo3b's School for ShaderHackers". wiki.bo3b.net I talk about some of this stuff, and the tool is different, and the focus is on 3D, but it should give you some good insight into doing this sort of hacking.

4. Leemonoid

Leemonoid Guest

GPU:
    GTX970
    Thanks again b03bber. I found the pixel shader that ONLY removes the blue arrows from the roadway, but leaves them on the map and mini-map. I updated my instructions to include the correct information.

Lee

5. bo3bber

bo3bber Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760 SLI
    Got a message from Socala, but can't seem to respond to it because of forum rules. Seems like it's more a general question anyway, I hope you don't mind repeating it here.

The question is that using this WatchDogs wrapper that it hangs or crashes upon launch. The only thing I see that is really different is using an AMD video card. Anybody else using AMD that gets this to work?

I'm not really sure, haven't heard any reports of that before. I really only focus on 3D, so other uses of it are beyond what I usually see.

Only thing I can think of is that probably we make 3D Vision calls as well, and without nvapi that might fail. If that's true, the only way around it would be to make your own build of the tool. It's open-source at github, called 3Dmigoto. If someone makes this work, make a new branch and send me a pull request and I'll add it.

Should be possible to make a build that works, the main code is all d3d11. The nvapi stuff is for 3D and might be possible to comment out those pieces.

Sorry I can't help more, the 3D is just too epic (biggest improvement in gaming since VooDoo 2), so I'm only going to keep focusing on that.

6. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    I tried this one mate and it doensn't work for me sadly. Blue cheverons back on the road.

I noticed that no .bin file is being created

Made this file "c5918d4a64885980-ps_replace.txt" and put this text in it
    Code:
    void main(
      float3 v0 : TEXCOORD0,
      float4 v1 : SV_Position0,
      out float4 o0 : SV_Target0)
    {
      // disable GPS arrows on roadway while retaining them 
      // on the mini-map and map views
      o0 = 0;
      return;
    }
    }
    This one below did work though
    "8d10958540ab4845-vs_replace.txt"
    Code:
    void main(
      float4 v0 : position0,
      float4 v1 : color1,
      float4 v2 : texcoord2,
      out float4 o0 : TEXCOORD0,
      out float2 o1 : TEXCOORD1,
      out float4 o2 : SV_Position0)
    {
      float4 r0;
      uint4 bitmask;
      // Disable blue GPS arrows on the road while retaining them on the minimap
      o0 = 0;
      o1 = 0;
      o2 = 0;
      return;
    }

7. Leemonoid

Leemonoid Guest

GPU:
    GTX970
    I had a typo in the GPS arrow removal file

Please try again Ric. I had an extra parentheses at the end of the GPS arrow code for some reason. I have corrected the posting. Sorry about that.

The correct code for the "c5918d4a64885980-ps_replace.txt" file is
    Code:
    void main(
    {
      // disable GPS arrows on roadway while retaining them 
      // on the mini-map and map views
      o0 = 0;
      return;
    }

Lee

8. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Thats fixed it :)

Thanks again !!!

9. machine4578

machine4578 Guest

GPU:
    GEForce GTX 660 2GB
    amazing work Leemonoid!!! thank you soo much for the 2 "fixes"

and thanks bo3bber for your tool!

10. tall70

tall70 Guest

GPU:
    gtx770
    First of all thanks for sharing this,

then, for some reason dxgi.dll for SweetFX stops working with this. I was hopping i can some how use proxy in INI to fix it, but it didn't work. If you please have any idea how to get dxgi.dll working with it please let me know.

11. bo3bber

bo3bber Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760 SLI
    Are you running 8.1? dxgi has known problems on 8.1, and SweetFX won't run in it's normal mode there either. I think you have to use the injection mode with SweetFX in that case.

I know that some people run the 3D fix and also run SweetFX on WatchDogs, so I think that this should work. I would chain through from 3Dmigoto to SweetFX, rather than the other way around.

You would not chain through to dxgi though- 3Dmigoto does not use dxgi anymore, and thus would not conflict with a dxgi version of SweetFX. The only time you'd chain through would be if they needed a competing d3d11.dll.

12. tall70

tall70 Guest

GPU:
    gtx770
    @ bo3bber

No, 7. Current SweetFX i use works with NP. But together with d3d11 it makes fail messages in log and will not load. I tried to proxy it in Misc settings of SweetFX, but it will not load with d3d11 in same folder

I'm glad i see you believe other have it working, maybe there is hope finding another version of SweetFX to get it done. Tx for reply, if you'll have anything else coming to you mind about it, please let me know

13. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Try dxgi.dll instead of d3d11.dll

14. tall70

tall70 Guest

GPU:
    gtx770
    I tried proxy d3d11_h.dll for example looking like this:

// external_d3d9_wrapper = none
    #define external_dxgi_wrapper = d3d11_h.dll (with ofcourse renamed dll as well)

3Dmigoto is not working like that, i mean i tried different names, it's all same. SweetFX works, 3Dmigoto not. If i use original d3d11.dll and even try to add it with original name to SweetFX proxy, SweetFX will stop working and 3Dmigoto would work... otherwise i'm not sure what you mean to use dxgi instead, thanks for trying to help.

If anybody reading this has the correct combination of these two, please let me know, thanks

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  15. tall70

tall70 Guest

GPU:
    gtx770
    Game is just gorgeous in my opinion with sharpening tweaks [​IMG]and i also decontrast with saturation regain. Kinda hard to accomplish with game's brightness since it doesn't preserve contrast.

16. tall70

tall70 Guest

GPU:
    gtx770
    i can see that every current working SweetFX states in log

"D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain redirected successfully"

only one in JC2 from long time ago says

redirecting IDXGIFactory->CreateSwapChain

Apparently it must be using dxgi since thats the only thing coming with SweetFX for DX10 and above, but it's confusing. So far every version of SweetFX i use from whatever game in my 64bit W7 is failing with 3dmigoto's d3d11.dll in same place, so any help i'll appreciate

17. tall70

tall70 Guest

GPU:
    gtx770
    I have it working with RadeonPro, but gosh that program is wreck. It runs only sometimes, literally half time it only opens in processes and until i restart OS, it never starts again. Their support module executable is nonstop running with OS and don't you dare to turn it off in services, or disable it any other way, it will never start without it. Lol, i guess i rather have a tooth brush if i can't have broom

At least now i can use SWeetFX and have white highlight flashes disabled with 3Dmigoto...I tried again without RadeonPro, but no avail, only 3dmigoto's d3d11.dll works when they both in same folder.

Editing... well, never mind. By using 3Dmigoto i get fps down to 11 at police chase and about 16fps just while walking or driving. First i thought it's RadeonPro doing it, but after removing it and SweetFX from bin folder, using only 3Dmigoto's files, same fps drop was still there. Using only SweetFX i get 48fps, no les then 44fps at police chases. I sure love the result of mod, but can't use it with this much strain.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  18. tall70

tall70 Guest

GPU:
    gtx770
    Some more hud removal after hunting,

Create text file and name it

26ba294bfaea22ac-ps_replace.txt

Then paste same as Mr Leemonoid provided

void main(
    {
    // disable white noised lines at traffic lights.
    o0 = 0;
    return;
    }

This is just little thing i found, i had more stuff removed, but it made disappear some other needed things for gameplay or map, most important for me was white flashing lines on hackable objects, already removed by Mr Leemonoid, thanks for guidance.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  19. puredorian

puredorian Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    Can someone adress this on AMD cards? It doesnt work at all, appcrash at startup.

20. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    Nice job getting rid of the object flashing. I spent plenty of time trying to disable that myself with shader tweaks, hex edits in game files and memory and I never got it to work. Ubisoft just loves holding our hands when we play their games.. Blinking items and bodies, tagging enemies, seeing enemies through walls etc.. Its just too much these days. I just wish this was found back when I was playing it. very good find nonetheless.