Safe to Download Drivers from NVIDIA site?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by hksrb25s14, Nov 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hksrb25s14

hksrb25s14 Guest

GPU:
    SLI GTX 760 TI
    Hi guys I just did factory restore and use the resource DVD, but the Nvidia Drivers from the DVD kept freezing during installation, So I ended up updating from the NVidia website, I don't know if it's safe, I have a Alienware Aurora R4 ALX that I got last week. the card a SLI GTX 760 ti
    the Drivers version I update to is 344.60, is that a okay driver version? or should I downgrade? or is that even possible?
    what is the best driver I should have on my system?

I'm just worried about overheating and Fan problems.

Thanks for reading and any reply would help out greatly.

Also, some of my games seem tobe stuttering, Is that normal?

2. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    Yes it's safe to download nvidia drivers from nvidia

3. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    Must. Resist. To. Say. Something. Sarcastic.

4. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    No! Why would you even think about doing something like that!

Wait...

5. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    No bro..don`t do it!It`s not safe!/facepalm

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  6. Gortex

Gortex Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    Yes the NVidia site is fine , I've never had any problems with it.
    I've just installed the 344.65 WHQL Driver but was running 344.60 on a 750ti and it was fine.
    :)

7. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    I think he means safe in the sense that if the new drivers won't break the system because of the issues with his system since he mentioned system Freezes with previous drivers.

8. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    @OP,if u see the card that u have listed in SUPPORTED PRODUCTS then it means that it is safe to download and install the driver.

9. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
  10. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    @OP if you can't do the most basic of things like driver installs then maybe you shouldn't of bought a gaming laptop and stuck to consoles :/

however if you would like to learn then google is your friend

11. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Yes, because everyone is born with innate computer knowledge. Did you know a Google search frequently turns up links to Guru3D? Secondarily, the Alienware Aurora R4 ALX is a desktop system...you should have used 'The Google'. Amazing eh? :3eyes:

12. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    No, not safe. Never download drivers from the manufacturer of the drivers. Always use the old, outdated drivers that come on the CD or DVD of the hardware.

13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Never ever download drivers from the Nvidia website as it will blow up your motherboard. You have been warned!

14. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    well why even try to use a PC to game if you have 0 technical computer knowledge?

anyway go back to wooing in your socks lol ;)

15. emusa

emusa Guest

GPU:
    Asus 780 (1140/6600 OC)
    hilarious thread :D thanks for the laughs!

16. russ1

russ1 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 Hurricane
    You should have gone to AMD.

17. chr!s

chr!s Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX™ 3080 TI
    It's generally recommended to update to the latest drivers. Sometime stuttering is related to video drivers, sometimes game patches. Also try keep your games up to date.

There is always risk that new drivers could introduce new bugs or HW issues.
    NVidia protect themselves from any damages - read 6.2 http://www.geforce.com/drivers/license

To mitgate this risk - you can always install software to monitor temperature, fan speed etc.
    Also stick with whql drivers as opposed to BETA drivers.

18. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    I. CAN'T. :wanker:

...@hksrb25s14, don't listen anyone in here...they all lie. Official Nvidia site full of viruses and trojans...DO NOT download anything from that site! Evar! Also, do not use Nvidia drivers for your Nvidia card cause it's a VIRUS! Use 3dfx Voodoo drivers instead. This is all confirmed...100%!

19. hksrb25s14

hksrb25s14 Guest

GPU:
    SLI GTX 760 TI
    wow, lots of reply, I waited 3 weeks for a reply on some alienware forum and got no answers. Thanks guys.

ok, I downloaded the latest Drivers, 344.65 WHQL. everything was fine until I started to play reboot Tomb raider (on same settings, Ultra) or any intense games on 3 monitors, it started stuttering on intense scene. it didn't do that before when I just got the computer. I never had this much of a headache on one system.
    So, I decided to install the drivers which came with the alienware sys. at first it didn't accept it because it kept crashing while installing, but this time I selected the clean install option and it works, I think, but once in while I get this orange screen on the left monitor, Sometimes it's stays orange, sometimes it goes regular but get this the left screen won't display the mouse pointer but the others will.

I love this computer and hate it at the same time.
    I don't know whats going on.

20. HAZ-MAN

HAZ-MAN Active Member

GPU:
    evga sc GTX 780 ti sli
    I must way in here, the person who asked question may be new and have 0 exp, he posted his question to this sight out of respect for members here to answer him with fairness and honesty and this sight has started to turn into a flame war against each other for 1 upedness and disrespect. It used to be a sight whier one could get help to issues and training step by step to those that needed and wanted to learn, but if pple now come in and post a question out of desire to learn they are flamed and ridiculed. and the members out of intolerance and ignorance and 1 upmanship attack each other as well. stem this trend and return to respect and willengness to train , and help or this sight will die!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.