Review: Corsair Gaming H1500 Dolby 7.1 Headphone

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We review the new Corsair Gaming H1500 Dolby 7.1 headset. Armed with that boom-stick, good looks a comfortable feel and pretty great audio quality this product is bound to impress. It has big 50mm n...

Review: Corsair Gaming H1500 Dolby 7.1 Headphone

2. Jahooba

Jahooba Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 670 FTW 2GB
    As an owner of the HS1, they seem like they'd have good sound, but...

Two things: That logo (uhg), and I'm disappointed to see they're sticking with the rigid, padded headband.

The most comfortable headbands are the ones that have a flexible inner band, like this:

[​IMG]
    (I just chose a random image from Google that had the band, I haven't used this particular headset)

The thick, padded headbands put all the pressure of the headphones onto the very top of your head (which can quickly become uncomfortable), whereas the inner bands distribute the weight more evenly.

3. Tramp Stamp! No further reading needed. :puke2:

4. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    That thing is as useless as you can get. Well, unless you still have on-board audio.

For 3D, you can just have normal headphones and a sound card that supports Dolby Headphone (like the Xonar) or CMS3D (Creative cards). Same effect.

But even if you only have on-board audio without Dolby Headphone, it's better to just buy a sound card and use your current headphones. It will be cheaper (Xonar D1/DX costs maybe 50 bucks) and will most probably have better 3D quality.

And the tramp stamp looks silly... Are they targeting 14 year olds with Power Rangers OCD? Fortunately they didn't name the headset "Elite Stealth Hyper Sonic Fusion Reactor Ninja Assassin Ultimate Vengeance Katana".

5. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Hot over your ears, hot with the chicks, I guess.

6. ubercake

ubercake Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC Blk
    Why don't they just call these 2-speaker virtual surround headsets 11.1 or 99.1 surround??? No matter what they call them, they can't let me know if some sound is coming from behind me or in front of me, but I can tell if it's left or right.

How about 153.1?