AMD Catalyst 14.11.1 BETA (14.301.0.0 November 5)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by The Mac, Nov 10, 2014.

1. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Why isn't there any support for HD5000 and HD6000 series GPU's?

2. samusprime89

samusprime89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    Tested the drivers, Call of Duty AW still performs just as bad as before, i guess Sledgehammer will have to fix it on there side now that AMD has.

3. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Maybe the changes only affect 7xxx+ hardware? Wouldn't really make much sense to support GPUs that would be unaffected by the changes I'd think; This isn't a WHQL-driver.

4. atoneapone

atoneapone Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6650M +6520g/ 1GB
    I remember the 14.9.2 beta also left out the 5000 and 6000 series in the description on AMD site.See here.>>http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMDCatalyst14-9-2BetaWINReleaseNotes.aspx

People here on guru3d forum were wondering the same thing when the 14.9.2beta was released>>http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4944693&postcount=23

....then it ended up being ok for all of us, so let's wait and see.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014

5. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

NVIDIA do the same thing, just the legacy code is party of the driver. At least it's not like Intel who have dropped support for the Z77 in the latest drivers, despite being 100 percent compatible with Z87 drivers.

6. JulesCools

JulesCools Guest

GPU:
    Titan Black SLI
    Puzzling, on a hardware enthusiast site asking about driver updates for 5 year old cards. AMD is a business, not a charity.

7. Doom112

Doom112 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 TF V
    That is one the reason why AMD is struggling and do not have stock market or proper PC users.

8. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    Tomorrow i will make a mod for hd5 and hd6 cards, it will work unless they removed the support from the driver itself (dlls, sys, etc.).

9. roadczar

roadczar Member

GPU:
    Zotac 4090
    Did not work for me. First noticed slowdown in BF4. Confirmed with 5% loss in 3D Mark. Back to 14.9.2.

10. DeadAsBefore

DeadAsBefore Guest

GPU:
    R9 295X2 & R9 290X
    [Update] Just removed amd completely with a removal program from this site, and reinstalled the newest driver, and waited for about a minute and it prompted a system reboot and did so, and now it's showing all the correct information on catalyst control center, good ol' 14.11.1 Beta :) yay lol]

Weird, for some reason when I look at my details, it says that my Catalyst is still 14.6 and I've tried re-installing to the newer ones like 14.9.2 etc. with no effect. Still says 14.6 on that section. I completely removed amd drivers/control center and so forth and reinstalled the new driver, but it didn't install Catalyst Control Center at all, which was weird. Everything on your list of details screenshot is identical to mine besides the 14.6 Catalyst version, when it's supposed to read 14.11.1 beta instead. I don't get it. It won't seem to update the actual catalyst program itself, or it could just be a weird bug, idk. Any ideas?

11. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

So if I get a 5 year old NVIDIA card, I'm ensured driver updates that benefit (note benefit; not just install) that card?

12. Doom112

Doom112 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 TF V
    U can check out Nvidia customer support vs AMD customers support in this forum,Nvdia forum so there is no need to argue because facts tell all.

BTW HD6xxx is not even 4 years old that shows how much they care and love their user.

Nvidia is properly supporting GTX 4xx where as poor HD5xxx and HD6xxx user cannot event install new drivers and that is called boycotting ur own user.

13. Akumajou

Akumajou Banned

GPU:
    R9 290 @ 1115/1485Mhz
    ... ...

14. Pantsu

Pantsu Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    I tried Cod:AW, 7970/280X CF. Negative scaling and stutters in sp, 4K and 1080p. Yet one more reason to ditch my current setup for the 970.

15. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    COD:AW

got a 40MB update and then a 6.1MB update and things have improved.

I find it best to get into party, for some reason I have MUCH better connection and the game runs much smoother this way. Some maps still lag like crap though.

I also turned down textures from Extra to High and put Shadow Map Resolution on Normal.

Game runs a lot better this way.

16. BuuBuu

BuuBuu Guest

GPU:
    Corsair 8 GB ( 4 X 2 )
    does it fix this issue : [404660]: GPU gets stuck in a low power state after it was previously stressed to max power ?

17. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    They do benefit the card regardless as most optimizations stretch over the entire kernel.

I have an ancient pavilion with an nvidia. Still installs the newest updates and did give me a huge performance boost in old games such as Red Alert 3. Whilst I do not recall the version numbers the update was from this year (2014). Whilst the game was slower with an nvidia driver from early 2013.

The laptop itself being from 2008.

And yup Manhattan (5xxx/ 6xxx rebrands) and Vancouver (6xxx/7xxx rebrands)

Are removed from the inf file.

Very nice AMD.
    Another example: AMD totally gimping the 5xxx mobility on windows 8.1 causing it to bootloop just a few driver versions past of officially fixing it after 3 years of waiting and then dropping support.

Classy move.

Edit:

Maybe they are testing the waters with this. First the removal of all 5xxx and 6xxx mobility products from their web page .. Now they are slowly working their way into removing the desktop lines.

18. jsolo

jsolo Guest

GPU:
    @work:6770,7770,260X
    Feel that much better that I'm in the middle of switching my work to NVIDIA this year. Wish I had started sooner. We're going to have several hundred machines still running 5000/6000 series cards for at least the next 2 years, so much for me having unified driver versions in my system images. Every month this year AMD has managed to lower my expectations even further, can safely say we are never going back, been burnt far too many times.

19. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    Looks like they did fix some bugs in this beta vs 14.9.2.

In 14.9.2 I was getting some weird flashing on specific textures in Crysis. Played for about an hour tonight after installing this new beta and it appears that it is fixed.

GPU usage and temps also seem a bit lower in Crysis as well.

20. haz_mat

haz_mat Guest

GPU:
    1070 FE
    Always entertaining seeing the drones who think anyone cares that they're going back to nVidia. I guess only computer miracle workers are able to run AMD anymore....