AMD Catalyst 14.9.2 BETA (14.301.1006.0 October 9)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by garikfox, Oct 24, 2014.

1. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    I wonder if amd will release game ready drivers before the release of AC Unity or Far Cry 4.

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Both of those are backed by Nvidia though I believe AMD has a some support for them already, we'll just have to wait and see I suppose.
    (PC optimization could be a bit iffy so a working Crossfire profile would probably help a lot.)

EDIT: The 14.41.xx drivers (OpenCL 2.0 beta support.) do not have a profile for Far Cry 4 or Assassins Creed Unity, there is a profile for GTA 5 and Dragon Age Inquisition.
    (And there's no profile for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare but there is one for The Crew.)

EDIT: Oh right, 14.9.2 (Branch 14.300 something.) are newer so while it's a "older" branch it could have newer game profiles.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  3. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Well, since they pulled both from steam, perhaps there wont be as many issues because there wont be as many people purchasing.

lol

4. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    So after a bit of testing, it looks like this only pops up when I have my Dell E248WFP monitor hooked up to the DVI port (doesn't matter which card).

I switched it around so the Dell monitor is going though the active mini-dp to DVI adapter. No more corruption upon the monitor waking for the past few days.

I already filled out the AMD bug report form.

5. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090
    Well this is weird. I replaced the card but I am still getting insane artifacts, as if the cards are dying, when I have open in game windows in guild wars 2. I've spent hours of 3dMark and crysis 3 maxed out without issue so not sure anymore. Even gw2 is perfect for hours when I don't have any in game windows open.
    Funny thing is, it seems to depend on what is being rendered behind the open window that is causing the problems. If i turn to a wall or the ground it stops and if I open another window and put it under the one already open.
    Anyone play this game with crossfire? If so, what drivers are you using?

6. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Had a glitched cursor with these drivers on my 7850; happened about a few minutes after I played a video in VLC with HW acceleration.

I left for a bit, and when I came back and woke the screen, the cursor was fixed.

7. Jysoul

Jysoul Guest

GPU:
    2 x ASUS R9 280X OC
    I used to play GW2 and have two R9 280X cards. It's noted in GW2 forums, and I assume correct, that as a DX9 game, it does degrade FPS with crossfire mode (even Nvidia SLI). I found like many other crossfire owners that the game performs better (FPS wise) with crossfire disabled and using one card. Also GW2 was not built efficiently to utilise GPU, it is very CPU intensive.

Though the artefacts you experience shouldn't come from crossfire mode and more commonly experienced if overclocking the cards and heat. Have you tried running GW2 in windowed vs. fullscreen? Also have you used an app like CPUID HWMonitor to check the temps?

8. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090
    Thanks but at the settings I run it at (maxed out, 1600p, supersample) cfx most definitely helps and both cards run 100% most of the time. I cannot run supersample with acceptable frames with one card. I've also been running the cards at stock clocks with +50% power limit and manual fan speed so neither breaks 70c when both gpu's are at 100% use. Even tried +25 core voltage with no change.
    The weird thing is that I cannot take a screenshot for you guys because the issues do no show up in them. Screenshots are perfect and what I see on screen is not:bang:

9. Gapil301

Gapil301 Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    1 month and nothng :/

10. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    it will be one month on the 24th.

not today

it been a little over 2 weeks.

jesus people...

11. LocKeRoM14

LocKeRoM14 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan X
    Well with Nvidia you get what you pay for and you play more with drivers in a month equal up to 3 to 4, as the years with Amd finally realize its amd will cost you less but you get to play less with drivers of 1 that release in a month or two at best.

12. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090
    Big note to self; Don't use FXAA with crossfire. That was the cause of my gw2 issues. To think of all the time I wasted on figuring that out:(

13. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Any word on enhanced MLAA and future drivers?

14. Amauryx

Amauryx Guest

GPU:
    r9 270
    agree with you. wtf no updates nothing. same black screen problems. i had to roll back to stable 14.4
    getting gtx970 for christmas enough this amd bull****

15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Black screens you say :- https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/648176/geforce-drivers/monitor-display-blank-screen-issue-after-driver-update-updated-1-23-14-/1/

:D

Which they still have sh!tty performance in, go read all the slating they are getting ;)

Heres one (of many) :p

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014

16. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    NVIDIA posts on their own forums acknowledging issues?

I have never ever seen such behavior from AMD. Especially not in terms of their own forums and mobile cards.

.. I don't mean to start a ****storm but AMDs own forums are "community" driven. They do know even use their own forums for feedback.

Maybe I am wrong ...

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  17. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    COD AW, and Ass Creed Unity driver just released. :p

18. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Ass indeed.

lol

19. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Had two monitor wake issues in the past few days... This issue is annoying. I doubt 14.11.1 will fix it, but I may as well update to it.

20. Seren

Seren Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    OMG!! Thankyou!! Just looking at that thread, the people having issues had mostly Asus and Asrock bioses, seems to be an incompatibility with this year's drivers and their bioses. Sure that may be a Nvidia thread but I have a feeling it's related to the AMD issue.