Assassin's Creed Unity

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Exactly, you use Paypal it if benefits you.

I do get why anyone would go out their way to pay more for the exact same product.

2. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Thats what I used. I used a Mexican proxy for both Dragon Age Inquisition and AC Unity, with my PayPal account.

3. hu1u

hu1u Guest

GPU:
    None
    removed

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  4. Hisenburg

Hisenburg Guest

GPU:
    HIS 290x
    How does someone not use paypal in 2014? Like 95% of things take paypal.

5. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Both AC:U and FC4 are back on steam... :3eyes:

Mysterious mysteries are mysterious.

6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Praise Gaben!

7. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    [​IMG]

8. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
  10. Lancegrim

Lancegrim Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 760 / 2 GB
    I realy hope they will get off those damn scores. I never ever cared for them, the only thing i wanna take out of reviews are hard solid facts about the game (generaly spoken, not only ac unity).

I wanna know how it runs on certain systems, i wanna know how the game works, how does the interface look like, controls, story appetisers ect ect.

I dont give a **** if some dude thinks the story is lame, or the graphics arent good ect. That is all up to personal taste and should not be a factor in any reviews. Instead they should take stuff in like drm, or gameplay time... For ex take CoD... 60 Bucks for 5 hours Singleplayer? That alone should be deducting points from their scores. Ect... but well i hope i will live to see this happening some day... That is why i love TBs WTF is Videos. Hard solid facts about the game mixxed with his opinion.

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I don't think the length of a campaign in a COD game should have any relevance to the score, since i don't know anybody buys COD for just the campaign.

Seems like a decent review, and good news for PS4 owners that visually the game is up there with the best looking PS4 games.

12. Lancegrim

Lancegrim Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 760 / 2 GB
    I meant the length of a campaign as an info. I am for completly not using any score at all, so the length of the campaign would just be a info for the consumer. For excample take Lords of the Fallen, or Styx Master of Shadows, both are relativly short, Styx shorter then the Lords. If those games would cost full price that should be an info in game reviews. So i can decide if i wanna pay 50 Euro for a 10 hour singleplayer game with no multiplayer and basicly very low to 0 amount of replay value.

But overall, get rid of scores!

And i for one, just buy CoD for the singleplayer campaign. I dont expect much, only a few hours of an interactive action movie. And not a single CoD has dissappointed me in that regard. But i dont pay 60 Euros for that, MW3 cost me 15 Dollars on a sale, ect. And Advanced Warefare was 35 Euros, and that is pretty much ok for 5-6 hours of action.
    Multiplayer on the other hand, isent my thing. I prefer larger battles with more tactical gameplay, squads, vehicles ect. Just handing me a gun and be like "kill enemies" is kinda to simple for me, i want more options.

With the Open World Games, i expect way more. On AC3 i have 95% complete and got about 35 hours on the clock, that is pretty damn good. And that is excactly what i expect from those games. Long term keeping me busy.

13. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    It should be quality, not quantity.

There are plenty of great games out there that run short on the campaign side. And, yes, there are plenty of short games that also run the mill from disappointing to just plain crap.

But, there are also long games out there that we've all played while thinking, "Why won't it end?!".
    Length can be a double edged sword. It's great when the quality backs it up, but, when the game peaks early and then just dangles around for the last half... it's a swift kick in the gut.

I'll take a fun, polished and enjoyable short game like CoJ: Gunslinger over a long, disappointing and flawed game like Resident Evil 6 any day.

14. KrzYsieK8926

KrzYsieK8926 Guest

GPU:
    MSI HD 7770 Ghz Edition
    Well, story is important part of the game, as well as visuals.
    Things like DRM are not, unless they brake the game I don't see point talking about them, instead of focusing on actual game.
    And reviews are subjective opinions, so I don't really get what You complaining about.

15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Every aspect of the game should be covered - from story to DRM. AC2 was a perfect example. The story was fantastic and was what got me hooked to AC in the first place. The DRM hadn't broken the game but was very consumer unfriendly.

Anyway, I think we can be certain it won't score less than 8 regardless of quality. Let's see how people rate it.

16. Lancegrim

Lancegrim Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 760 / 2 GB
    About the whole score system itself.

And DRMs are a factor that should be mentioned in reviews. For excample some ppl dont like Uplay, some dont like Origin, some Steam. So it should be mention wich plattform you have to usw. Same goes for the "real" DRMs. Some ppl have bad experience with one sort or the other so they kinda should know wich one a game is using.

And i never said if or in reviews. Talking about a DRM in a review doesent mean you should leave something else out.

But i guess that is way to offtopic and is a subject to discuss by itself.

17. Hughesy

Hughesy Guest

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 980
    I'm the same, I can't understand how they think £50 is ok for a PC game, especially when you can't trade them in like a console game. As much as I want AC Unity I'm going to wait for it to be a lot cheaper. probably a good thing though, as I can see how well it runs on PC.:)

18. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    Cookie Cutter Games.....Same ooolll Shiiitttt!!!

19. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Same here, although the fact that I had to choose between AC:U and DA:I as day 1 purchases and went with DA:I did matter, from the videos I've seen I have little hope that I can run the games at the settings I like (the highest, duh!), but more so for AC:U than DA:I. So by the time the price goes down, I hope I'll also have a new GPU and then that the game will be ironed out and patched properly (altough hey... it's Ubisoft). :nerd:

20. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Game is only 24 euro on G2A for anyone who wants it cheap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.