How do I create presets in CCC???

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Alchera7, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Alchera7

Alchera7 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD 6950
    Ok this is really annoying me! I want to create a preset in CCC, so that it applies Color Correction when I activate the preset. And a default preset that sets the Color Correction back. I'll use this for when I play games and want Color Correction in them.

I tried making a preset but it does absolutely nothing. I don't understand how I can't achieve something so simple as this. GRRR. :bang:

I have scoured the internet looking for a solution but I can't find anything relating to my problem. If anyone could help me it would be much appreciated! Thank You!

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    its just add preset i think, BUT you need to have the tabs that you want added opened up aswel or it wont add anything.

profiles can be found at

X:\Users\*******\AppData\Local\ATI\ACE\Profiles\

3. Alchera7

Alchera7 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD 6950
    I've tried this already. I open up the tab. Set my settings then hit "add preset".

Then I make a defaults preset, with the defaults settings. When I switch between the two, nothing changes. I looked at the preset xml file and nothing is saved in it. It's just a blank default template.

If you say it works. Could you test it using the latest CCC? I'm using 11.2 btw, with Windows 7.

EDIT: I should of also of mentioned that I am trying to make color presets. One preset with low color saturation, and another preset with default color saturation. This is because the game I'm playing is over saturated and there are no in-game color saturation controls.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  4. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    what game?

CCC old or new? i could try on old later, maybe see what the xml looks like so you could manually write a profile

5. colorblindnejc

colorblindnejc Guest

GPU:
    HD5770
    Hey ya`ll :p I don`t want to open up a new topic because my question is so totally inline with the existing one...

I am trying to save a preset (I am changing the Display color settings) and then another preset with the default settings.

The problem? IT DOES NOT WORK. I tried having the tab I am changing open and then saving the preset but to no avail...

I also googled this problem but again, no results :nerd:

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Presets never stay working for me either, even if they stay showing up in the preset section, clicking them does nothing - I gave up on them a long time ago

7. colorblindnejc

colorblindnejc Guest

GPU:
    HD5770
    Well this seems like a very basic function and it doesn`t work.

What I found out is that certain settings work (say Desktop Color) and others don`t. I checked the .XML preset file and it appears some settings aren`t even being saved.

8. JaylumX

JaylumX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 TI 12G
    Could colour sustainer be an alternative that can solve your problem?

9. ArgonV

ArgonV Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD XFX 7900 XTX
    Are you doing this in Advanced or Standard view CCC?

There was a bug where presets wouldn't stick in Advanced view. So what I had to do was set everything in Advanced view CCC then switch to Standard view.

10. colorblindnejc

colorblindnejc Guest

GPU:
    HD5770
    Tried that one too, does not work :D

I will try the color sustainer next... thanks!

11. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    I could be wrong but don't a great majority of games ignore color correction and use what their internal render want and the only way to get around it is use something like RadeonPro or SweetFX to do this post process.

12. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I tried using AMD profiles few months ago, but there was something insanely stupid about it(couldn't add profile or sumtin) so I gave up fuming

in the meantime I got used to RadeonPro's bulkiness; now I use it wheneve default settings need to be corrected/edited

13. colorblindnejc

colorblindnejc Guest

GPU:
    HD5770
    It appears this is a software bug / a feature that is not. If that even makes sense :)

The reason why I need color correction is because games look better saturaed (for me at least) but when I do 3D jobs then I need my default presets back.

Sustainer is on my to-do list now :) Will report back here ;)