Intel chipset driver issues.

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by dmxdex, Nov 5, 2014.

1. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Hmm, which version is the latest? And how do you force install it? I guess I'll try it again. The last one I tested was the last "official" Z77 compatible driver, 13.1.0.1058

2. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Here is the latest, version 13.5.0.1056:
    http://station-drivers.com/index.ph...k,9a3a608229d39f5fd600939f364d3ad2/no_html,1/

In the archive, you will find the SetupRST.exe (ignore this), and the drivers in the x32 and x64 folders.

To install the driver, open up device manager, and then the Intel AHCI device listing. Click driver --> update driver --> Browse my computer for driver software --> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer --> Have disk

Then, select the appropriate folder (x64 for 64-bit of course), and select the Intel 8 series driver. When it says if you want to install it, click yes, close it off and reboot.

3. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Oh right, I forgot it wasn't like the chipset package and the drivers are just right there.

4. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I wouldn't be surprised if Intel decide to take this capability out in the future, but they'll have to deliberately neuter it. I won't tell you why the compatibly is absolutely obvious, Intel will likely change things if they realise people are aware of their sneakiness.

5. dmxdex

dmxdex Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 470 0C.
  6. dmxdex

dmxdex Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 470 0C.
    -extract "C:\Users\Dexter Lake\Desktop\intel_inf_10.0.22_whql(www.station-drivers.com)\intel_inf_10.0.22_whql(www.station-drivers.com)\SetupChipset.exe"

Thats what i put in the target line and i get this message the name - extract specifed in the target box is not valid. make sure the path and file name are correct

And i just created the shortcut by right clicking the setup and create shortcut.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  7. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Fixed

8. dmxdex

dmxdex Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 470 0C.
    If i put that in the target box i get the same message as above. Am i doing something wrong?

9. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Youre doing it wrong target box should say for example "C:\Users\USER\Downloads\intel2\intel_inf_10.0.22_whql(www.station-drivers.com)\SetupChipset.exe" -extract "C:\Users\USER\Downloads\intel2\intel_inf_10.0.22_whql(www.station-drivers.com)"

10. dmxdex

dmxdex Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 470 0C.
    Only one updated and that was the smbus host controller. but others remain at 2006. Should all of the files be updated, like the pci express root, and dram controller.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014

11. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Do not bother so much about that. Most system devices have no driver at all (or has microsoft one), and inf-files just contain descriptions, resources and (optionally) settings for those devices.
    Go to Device manager and look all system devices. On 'Driver' tab of device properties dialog there is 'Details' button. Click and see whether there is actual driver for a device.

12. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    No

most of those dont need a driver

13. dmxdex

dmxdex Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 470 0C.
    Ok thanks mate.