Nvidia Geforce 344.60 WHQL Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Bradders684, Nov 4, 2014.

1. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    FF14 is one one game that still cpu intensive rather gpu imo

if you dont have issue with other games, then i am guess its the game-client issue

do play fullscreen or windowed? or already try both and still same issue ?
    also did u try to set 3D setting -> power management -> prefer maximum performance ?

2. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Probably since I mentioned that it works flawlessly on mine, and its a 9 series card.

Also as I've hinted, before you switch camps you should see about a 980 instead of a 970. I would suggest staying away from gigabyte this time also. Maybe go for an ASUS, MSI, EVGA or ZOTAC.

I understand everything perfectly fine, thus the reasoning I keep mentioning to try a 980 if you can afford the price difference.

I don't know why you take my posts so offensively.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  3. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Awesome driver for me everything works great! Thanks Nvidia :)

4. writer21

writer21 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC ACX 780 sli 3gb
    So you used the Cod AW sli profile with older drivers? Was sli better or did it even work with older drivers?

5. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    Manuel G

Sli profile for COD Advanced Warfare is Wrong, Only Runs 2 GPU (I have 3) and why DX10 ???

[​IMG]

Check middle GPU is on 2D Clocks...and rest are barely used something is borked...

http://imgur.com/mZc0c5I
    [​IMG]

My Rig as Follow

I7 5930K 4650HT@ 1,35 6c/12th
    ASUS Rampage 5 Extreme BIOS 0802
    DDR4 4x4GB 3000C15 2T@ 3100C15 1T 1,35V (Stock)
    2x Samsung Evo 840 1TB SSD S3
    1x Seagate 3000 HDD S3
    3x GALAXY 780HOF Custom Water Cooled
    Thermaltake 3.0 Ultimate Liquid Cooler
    Powered by Seasonic P-1200
    Crossover 30X IPS Black Tune 2560x1600

6. spirit_66

spirit_66 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 TI DirectCU 6GB
    That's odd. Maybe I'll try again. Thanks for the information.
    Spirit

PS: Downloaded again and did a careful installation. Now 344.60 works with my Windows 10 build 9860 too.
    Thanks again

7. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    yes smoother but from time to time it stops and then go for miliseconds

8. shafat777

shafat777 Active Member

GPU:
    2x Gtx 980 SC 4GB SLI
    @writer21

Since the older drivers (344.48) did not have a sli profile, all i did was create a new aw profile using NVinspector and forced AFR2 in sli mode. In my experience, it was way better and smoother frames for me than the included sli profile in 344.60, which uses AFR1 and some other settings that did not work for me.

Also, on the older drivers, you can just add the advanced warfare exe to the COD ghost sli profile using nvinspector; however, that gives me choppy cutscenes (out of sync audio) but gameplay as smooth. Hope this helps. Im running sli gtx 980s.

9. Herochild

Herochild Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Aww, still no DSR for mobile. Sadness.

10. Kurg

Kurg Guest

GPU:
    ASUS R9 280X DirectCU II
    I love these drivers, i finally can use texture cache in Cudaminer without any crash

11. anthonyl

anthonyl Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7800XT
    Hmm just installed these and my BF4 framerates have halved.... somethings not right.

Might try a re-install...

Nup..re-installed..did a clean install.... BF4 performance is half the previous drivers...

12. Coca Cola

Coca Cola Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780
    New Drivers for COD AW? Would be nice if I could play the game... it wont even load up multiplayer.

13. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
  14. phobus666

phobus666 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 @ SM P2450h
    It is, i just tested it.

15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I don't have any screen shots to show you but I checked my FPS in MSI AB with one card and got ~75 FPS. Then I exited the game and swiched settings in NVCPL to 1 GPU, ran the game again and at the very same spot I got ~92FPS.

Ingame settings:
    2560x1440p
    Highest possible settings
    2 x AA
    SuperSampling : Off
    Cache : Off
    Shader Preload : On

16. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    For testing purposes i set BIOS to defaults, aka no overclock, for my surprise i was getting the same exact FPS that i was getting with 4.4Ghz OC, Turbo is 3.8Ghz i think but the usage was higher, as expected however nothing that high either vs the 40% GPU and 40% CPU usage average i get.

I play on full screen, i already mentioned the only thing Max Perf does is increase GPU usage and the FPS remains the same.

Being a Gigabyte issue only or not i don't know, however i don't feel like using ASUS or MSI either, i'm tired of ASUS motherboards and this junk ASUS AI Suite. MSI seems nice, but a lot of people having problems with the Fans, on ASUS people reporting frame drops on GeFiorce forums with various games (however this seems to be on all 970)

I cannot buy a 980, is way too expensive and the performance difference doesn't justify the price difference even if i had the extra money.

I'd like to see what Manuel has to say regarding what GPU-Z screenshots i've posted and the game settings i've posted, i know he reads every post, but it feels like he only really cares about Call of Duty, which is ok since it's a popular game, however i'm not gonna stand here with the 970 **waiting for christmas**.

I just don't get it how the card works on every game fine, except Final Fantasy XIV, does the card really have a problem? What if i RMA and get another one with the same problem?

PS: The 970 cost me 386€, the 980 costs 600€+

EDIT: It seems even people with 980 have issues on other games, also poor GPU usage is mentined:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...oad-and-low-fps-issues-with-344-16-driver/11/

17. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Odd how these drivers seem more sluggish when playing Borderlands 2 and the Pre-Sequel, the pervious WHQL drivers seemed to be better. Release notes don't mention any changes made for Borderlands.

18. Anth Seebel

Anth Seebel Guest

GPU:
    TITAN Xp
    Thanks new driver !

19. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    with GPU usage increase but game fps still no improvement means thats something wrong with the game imo
    its like driver sending signal for more GPU juice but the game dont take it, as if current is already optimal

well if u can RMA it and willing for RMA process (can be troublesome/taketime) i think it worth a shot
    but i dont think its hardware faulty, if does, it should showing similar issue in other games too

its hard to say if it driver issue alone (i mean it can be driver issue, but maybe there other things conflicting with driver)... because just think how many 9** cards nvidia has been sold, and reports for this kinda random, some say ok with driver some not

20. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz