Nvidia Geforce 344.60 WHQL Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Bradders684, Nov 4, 2014.

1. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO

The best fix I've found if your monitor gets stuck in 3d mode is to go into nvidia control panel and change your refresh rate to 60 then when it asks if you want to keep the settings just click no and revert back to your original refresh rate, works every time but that bugs been around for ages, wish they'd fix it.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I shall now answer my self,

ManuelG the DSR warping that was happening around the mouse top/bottom/sides of screen i reported in 344.48 IS this there in these new drivers.

As such DSR is still usless to me i was hoping to just use 1.7x/2x DSR in SWTOR and drop FXAA but cant not with this bug, that and it happens on the desktop when use dsr anyway :bang:

3. Outcasst

Outcasst Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
  4. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    The peformance in that game is horrible, i can't play on max settings, i play on exact same tweaked settings as i did with the 570, except the performance is far worse with the 970, there's people on reddit ffxiv saying their old cards also perform better.

When you turn the camera it likes to drop frames and then stabilizes them, it's like there's a mess in there that the GPU is doing a lot, except it's not, it feels like the GPU isn't working at all no matter the % usage.

I raised my CPU overclock, no change, i even have to disable shadows of other players now to play at 30FPS+ during peak hours or it can go as low as 25FPS and even then sometimes still goes during S Rank Hunts, i've been complaining for a month, every other game else seems to work as intended, except this one.

With the 570 the FPS never went bellow 35 and that was very rare also.

5. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    No this is not fixed. Not a lot of fixes over the previous driver. This is mainly a Game Ready driver release.

6. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Give us a new BETA, i wanna test something new.

7. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Same problem here!

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Guess its the wait and see game like the stuttering issue that still isnt fixed which the sleep fix no longer works for hah.

Atlest yous where able to reproduce it

only reason at this point i update drivers is for DSR function and as of yet it not work bug free for me. After that is fixed only time I will update drivers is.

MFAA becomes usable for Kepler if ever or I see a FIX or Performance increase to SWTOR as it really the only game i play atm out side skyrim at random

9. szakh

szakh Guest

GPU:
    GTX980ti EVGA SC+@1501Mhz
    "The Evil Within" perfs are slightly better, half of the stuttering is removed in my case.
    I was between 35fps-65fps with the previous driver and 55fps-80fps with the new one... Just a few optimization in order to go from min.55fps to min.60fps in order to remove these last stutterings and I will play this game at last...

By the way, all these perfs are/were with something like 80% of the GPU used and 80% CPU on the more used core... Definitely unoptimized to the infinite and beyond...

10. Jabdah

Jabdah Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming 970
    Dunno why,

but this is my first GTX 970 driver that brings my 3DMark Score in Fire Strike above 11k ...

Thanks NV :)

11. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    We were not able to reproduce the corruption in Final Fantasy XIV. Can you share your in game graphics settings used so that I can update QA team? Thanks.

12. Sethos

Sethos Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X
    The ShadowPlay button and entire settings menu disappeared after I installed these :|

13. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Do you have feedback button? If so can you submit a feedback and include the txt "nvcc mg" so I can search for it? If not, try to reinstall GFE please.

14. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
  15. Sethos

Sethos Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X
    I just tried re-installing it, by downloading it off Geforce.com rather than using the one included in the driver. Button is still missing, same with the left-hand menu under preferences.

Also used the feedback and included that text.

GFE looks like this;

[​IMG]

16. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    We are releasing International GeForce display driver packages only from now on. Sorry for the inconvenience.

17. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    I have no corruption, i have performance issues.

Like i said, i can't set to maximum or FPS goes as low as 30FPS in cities, and that's if i don't move the camera because if i do, forget it, even with tweaked settings and i get as much as 42FPS sometimes, again without moving the camera, then it lowers the fps and stabilizes it even if i stop at the scene it lowered the FPS to.

Some more complains:

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/2hn4gt/ffxiv_gtx970_gets_less_fps_than_hd_7850_during/

^There's someone saying he plays at 4K and has no problems, we both know that's BS because there's no way a single 970 can get stable FPS at 4k on this game, and the best part is how he plays like that with a 2500k :)

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/2i0tvo/issue_with_game_and_gtx970/

Just the fact i can't play on max settings over the 570 is already a joke, no offense, then i play on the same tweaked settings as i did with the 570 and even get worse performance.

Windows 7 SP1 64-bit, i'll gladly be able to help with this issue, but telling me you can't reproduce it, i highly doubt that, unless my card has will of it's own and chooses this game to pick on me, while all others work fine.

Shall i install Windows 7 again to the SSD (current one is on a normal HDD, but the game is on the SSD, so i'll have 2 Windows 7, i'll remove the test one later obviously after testing) just for testing purposes?

I ran out of ideas.

18. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    I know, it's still a bug either way.

19. gringopig

gringopig Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC
    Same for me. Installed package, re-installed package and re-installed Geforce Exp separately. Shadowplay missing and UI just like that. Then suddenly it starts working but the streamer service is stopped, Shadowplay OK after manual start.

very odd

EDIT: and now its not working again WTF!!
    and this too!
    [​IMG]

20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    DSR options are missing in NVCPL for me with this driver.

Also SLI in CoD:AW doesn't seem to add any FPS for me but maybe it's my CPU?