TheWorse v1.0 with Configurable Options

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by cmh175, Sep 24, 2014.

1. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    I'll take a look at this, but if anything the settings for the shadows were increased in the mod. Nothing was certainly downscaled. Are you using a texture mod like Sunsets, Tony MBR, or Maldo? These could certainly effect the quality of shadows.

2. RaulR

RaulR Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT AE

Hello, no i'm not using any texture mods. They look great but unfortunately run like crap.

All i'm using is this from your mod:
    Low bloom and low fog,
    Increased civilian density,
    Default environment lighting,
    Headlight shadows on,
    Solo creep lens flares with halo,
    Default textures, Default night sky

Also i added to this from Marduk's Merged:
    Boss E3 train lights,
    The Worse explosions,
    TXGT e3 helicopter spotlight,
    Warpy DOF.
    But i tried the mod without these options and the shadows look the same.

3. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    the dark lighting isnt caused by the environement lighting xml file, but rather from the lighting preset settings in windy_city.game.xml , either delete that or modify it to your tastes

4. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Hmmm, ok I'll take a look and see if anything pops out at me. I cant promise anything though. Development on this mod ended months ago and other than patch updates I don't really plan to get into anymore Watch Dogs projects. On a side note I'm wondering if a fix is all that necessary as well. Without like 6gb of vram you cant really play this game with Ultra Shadows if you're using other ultra settings, not without single digit frame rates. You probably need to use High shadows anyway.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014

5. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    I'm going to ask for an example as my experience testing this games says otherwise. The environment.lib file has always played a big part in the games lighting. Also, please don't suggest deleting the windy_city.game.xml file as that deletes 90% of the mod and makes that person play the vanilla game.

~Also if I recall correctly the lighting settings in the windy_city.game.xml were left untouched for the most part, at least when inside. So that wouldn't be the issue anyway. I'm sorry guys but of all the people who have used TheWorse mod and the updates I've made to it since this is the first I've heard of a lighting issue that removing the environmentlighting.lib didn't fix. Honestly, it suggests user error. Either you aren't installing the updated mod correctly without the environmentlighting.lib, or your gamma or monitor isn't calibrated correctly.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  6. Nuk1e

Nuk1e Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX980Ti Strix
    I replaced my colorgrading.lib with one from supersourva's mods and it did fix the darkness issue that is in the worse mod.

7. RaulR

RaulR Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT AE

Yeah i was afraid you're gonna' say that. I understand this has to take a pretty big part of your time, and trust me you did a very good job with it.
    The thing is i already like the graphics in the vanilla game, except the fact that it doesn't have dinamic shadows, headlight shadows, the DOF isn't actually noticeble and one or two other minor things, which i think would have change the gamers opinions about the game's graphics, if the developers would have taken the time to put them in the game in the first place.
    Your mod properly configured came really close to that, and it didn't affect performance that much. I play the game mostly at max (including shadows on ultra), and it runs good most of the time, low fps (30-40) doesn't really bother me, the big problem is the stuttering during driving. That IS annoying.
    Oh well, i wish you all the best.

8. DJINFERNO0806

DJINFERNO0806 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Twin Frozr

Ya this is the only issue for me with this mod, the decreased quality in shadow res and LOD scaling.

Its quite a difference from vanilla ultra shadows. I guess changing the shadow LOD and res was supposed to help with stuttering.

Anywho is there an xml I can look at to see if I can regain the stock shadow quality?

9. Marduk

Marduk Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780m
    look here to tweak

patch/engine/settings/defaultrenderconfig.xml

search there for line terms the shadows settings (you be able to set whats Low to ultra, also PC i think)

Note : maybe you must compare the modded with vanilla file.

10. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    It's a fairly easy fix, I just wasn't concerned with it for the most part since Ultra shadows couldn't be used anyway. Right now they're at about High. I noticed the game is on sale for $35.99 this weekend though so I can assume there will be a lot more players coming soon. I'll take a look and restore the shadows either later today or this weekend. It'll be uploaded as an add on to the mod, that way you guys don't have to redownload the whole thing again.

11. Grommo

Grommo New Member

GPU:
    Palit GTX 770 2Gb
    Hey! Thanks so much for this great mod. It made my game perform and look soo much better! Major props :)

However, there is one issue. After I installed the mod (with your mod_installer) it introduced black bars in game. I.e., the game doesn't fill out my entire screen like it used to. I use SweetFX and your mod (set it up according to your tutorial with some custom "mod options" choices). Anyone know why this might be happening?

I run fullscreen, 1080p, Auto (16:9). Same settings which gave me no black bars before mod. (Mod options used: "High Bloom and Low Fog", default civ density, "The worse 1.0" settings for env light and DOF and lens flares and light pollution, Tonymbr updated textures).

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  12. Knochy

Knochy Guest

Go into the Sweetfx_Settings.txt and change the Border settings from 1 to 0. ^^

13. Grommo

Grommo New Member

GPU:
    Palit GTX 770 2Gb
    OMG! :mhp: Thank you! I was just about to post that the problem didn't go away when i reverted back, so it probably wasn't the mod. But you were faster :). I was stupid enough to install both SweetFX and the mod at the same time. That's a cardinal rule I thought learned not to break when modding the TES games...

With that fact known, maybe my post shouldn't be here in this topic. I'm just spreading possible bad rep on Cmh175's awesome mod.

14. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    windy_city.xml use environementlighting.lib xml library of presets for the weather environments lighting, no one really know what preset correspond to what in that lib, however everythings is clear in windy_city.xml file, " clear " and " storm " ect ... if its too dark, simply use another lighting hash from another weather presets ... and no windy city dosnt have 90% of the mod, it only controls weather and rain settings MOSTLY

ther's lots of other *.lib files moding beside that

15. Knochy

Knochy Guest

Try to close Fraps and MSI Afterburner.

16. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    It was a choice by TheWorse. For him (and me), shadows are not that sharp in real life. And there is a Soft Shadow option that has been enabled. It's more optimized and realistic to him (and me).

17. Swordie100

Swordie100 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 770 2GB
    I've got a couple of questions. First of all I don't seem to have all the effects I selected. I tested it with DOF just to make sure. I think it might be sweetfx. Do I just copy the folders from the sweetfx.zip in the first post into the watch dogs bin folder? Also when dusk or dawn sets in I get quite a wierd red glow from where the sun is positioned. It's a bit cloudy when this happens. I didnt encounter something like the first screen in the OP. Is this normal :p?

Edit:
    The red glow seems to be the case with LightPollution. With the default I didn't encounter it yet. As for sweetfx it crashes when using the *.dll files from the download at the first post so I used the dll files from the regular sweetfx download, along with the presets from this thread. Should work now right?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  18. RaulR

RaulR Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT AE

That may be true, but i would still love to have the option to use the default shadows.

19. Nightsax

Nightsax Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7950
    Hi cmh175, thanks a lot for your mod and performance settings which helps a lot.
    Photos from yours on first page looks great, can you tell us which settings you are using ? I read the whole thread but can't find it. Thanks

20. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    I use Low Fog and Low Bloom, no environment lighting and light pollution.

I'm not sure what the issue is. The mod with the current patch doesn't seem to be the issue though, mine works fine and no one else has reported this so far. I'd suggest verifying your install file and maybe reinstalling the recent update.

Honestly I have to agree with this. Not only are the default shadows unrealistic, but they take a ridiculous hit on performance. Even with the recent performance patch from UBI the frame rate drops a ton. The mods Ultra is some where between vanilla high and ultra, and the mods high is pretty much untouched. I can get around to restoring them, I just don't have a lot of time at the moment. To be honest I'm kind of surprised anyone really noticed this.