AMD Catalyst 14.9.2 BETA (14.301.1006.0 October 9)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by garikfox, Oct 24, 2014.

1. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    A while back I downloaded a driver from there for a wifi card and it turned out to be a virus lol
    Never used the site again I thought it was a dodgy site after that.

2. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    deleted.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  3. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    slim drivers is legit.

you should never install drivers in a vacuum.

Find out why, there may be a good reason for that,

I routinely dont install things it tells me to.

Station drivers is like the wild west.

its barely in english (they are french), and youve got to be able to figure out what you are looking at.

4. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Any word on that new Project CARS profile? How much of a performance improvement (framerates) compared to 14.4 and 14.9 or are the profiles only meant for multi-GPU CrossFire configurations?

5. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Telecharger = download; that's about all I needed to know :p

When downloading from there, I never run the executable it downloads. I extract it with 7zip. Depending on the type of driver; from there you can just manually install it from Device Manager.

6. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    You asking me?

Yes, it is, 1575.
    Edit: Actually, it happens whether or not my cards are overclocked or running at stock. /edit

However, if I unplug the DVI cable from the card and plug it back in, it goes back to normal.

Another thing that makes it go back to normal is by extending the desktop to one of my other monitors.

Also, when it is messing up, the mouse cursor appears normal and is on top.

When moving the mouse around it blinks back and forth between corrupted and normal.

I also took a screenshot while it was messed up, but when I pasted it into Gimp, it was normal.

I am thinking it must be some sort of singnaling issue when going from sleep to awake.

The monitor also has to be asleep for a bit for it to happen.

7. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    yes, i was asking you.

those funky checker box patterns traditionally are indicative of memory vram issues.

8. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I also get those artifacts if I overclock my VRAM a bit too much (or undervolt to 1500mv). If your VRAM is stock 1500mv try up to 1550mv.

9. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    Thus far, not a single freeze. Looks like it really is caused by something in the 14.9.1 beta, and worsened with 14.9.2.

10. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    FFS, not even half an hour after posting that I got a black screen. After 2 days of no problems!
    F*ck my life.
    Going back to 14.4 until AMD does anything about it :(

11. velocityx

velocityx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FE - EK FCB

im not gonna go long about it but a hint for you is this, yes, I was around game forums because I was sure it was games fault, than dice started saying that its amd driver affecting the game changes so its time to pressure amd. and so on and on and now amd know how to reproduce this, so no, thats not "hey we know whats causing it" its "hey we can finally see the crap we did"

12. RaXelliX

RaXelliX Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080
    So far so good on 14.9. No blacksceens yet and perf seems ok in the games i play. Since spring this year it seems to me that AMD has made some progress because since summer i've gotten only a few blackscreens. It used to be more frequent before that.

13. crz

crz Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G
    Not to mention that Mantle is AMD's pet project so even if it is not the driver they should assist their partners debug the issue.

14. Amauryx

Amauryx Guest

GPU:
    r9 270
    I've tried whql and all 14.9.1(2) betas and with all of them Metro 2033 redux and f1 2014 crashes my pc. It happend like 7 times. I would get black screen and loud buzzing noise from my speakers. It looks similar to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJG3NIOK-70
    I rolled back to 14.4 and it's a third day haven't gotten a single crash so far. So it's definitely driver related issue not a hardware as someone mentioned me.

15. Despoiler

Despoiler Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire TRI-X R9 Fury

Lol. Your response is a red herring combined with a hasty generalization. Two logical fallacies in one sentence. On top of that your general argument is an appeal from authority ie you are the authority and yet you've said you don't use Mantle. I've never had an issue with Mantle in BF4 or CivBE. None of the review sites are having issues benching Mantle single GPU or multiple. Anecdotally there are lots of people that post on this forum and others that they have no issues with Mantle single GPU or CF in BF4.

16. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    It is not checker box pattern really... it is different. Maybe I need to get it to happen again, and then take a pic with a camera since it doesn't show up in a screenshot.

And besides, if it was VRAM, shouldn't it show up in a screenshot?

It also happens with both cards.

It happened when I was running at stock BIOS (different brand cards), and it still happens after I flashed them both to the GHZ bios.

I get no corruption in games, and no lockups either.

Doesn't matter whether or not I have CF enabled.

I also tried switching the cards around so to rule out an issue with a single card.

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    You what? Sorry I didn't catch that mumbling

[​IMG]

18. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Jesus Christ, you are a giant baby. Anyone who disagrees with you, even if they are correct and educated on the subject gets this public display of ignorance on your part.

You bring down Guru3d.

EDIT: Almost forgot. Iggy'd.

19. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    lol..

making popcorn....

20. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC