AMD Catalyst 14.9.2 BETA (14.301.1006.0 October 9)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by garikfox, Oct 24, 2014.

1. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Device Manager. Check driver date. This is 9/10.

2. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    ^ Will also tell you the driver version there as well, which for these is 14.301.1006.0.

3. Leito360

Leito360 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX480 Nitro+
    Yep, 14.9.2, thank you both :)

4. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    The weird black screen and following system lockup problems I've been having lately increased a LOT with this beta, so I rolled back, this time to 14.4 (I think the problems started with 14.9, albeit very infrequently). This is the first time I've had any problems with Catalyst in like 10 years.

5. PhoenixRed

PhoenixRed Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    Same issue here random black screen most of the time on the desktop when I'm doing nothing, I never seem to crash in game either which is odd. I'm slowly going insane with this issue. :bang:

6. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    But does it happen when the PC is not idle? For me it's not the black screen bug everyone is talking about, because it happens when I am active on the PC, be it browsing, typing or whatever. But yes, it never happens when I play a game. Once it happened few seconds after I closed BF4.

7. jsolo

jsolo Guest

GPU:
    @work:6770,7770,260X
    Sounds like they've brought the 260X experience to the rest of the AMD lineup.

8. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    I bought a 260x last year.
    It worked awfull. shuttering fps drops and v sync crashes, so i bought a full second hand machine . Again same things.
    I took r7 260 x out and i put in place a gtx 570 ti .
    And it simply works.
    I am not a fanboy not a troll.
    But for me one year to make a proper driver to play a game in 1440x900 is to big.
    I am gonna keep this card but i think when they relese in future a proprer driver for gcn 1.1 architcture my 260x will be orlready obselete in gaming.

9. Mineral

Mineral Guest

GPU:
    Asus VGA HD7950 DC2TV2 3G
    I tried to install the 14.9.2 new beta for my HD7950, (after running DDU in safe mode and rebooting to normal Windows 7). The install went fine, it also installed Raptr because I chose the Express mode (and Raptr then proceeded to inform me that a "new" version of AMD drivers was available -meaning the stable 14.9).

Anyway, problem is, then I rebooted and Windows 7 got stuck forever in their loading screen (the one with the mildy animated Windows 7 logo). Not frozen, just stuck for 10+ minutes (before I got bored waiting and forced restart) with minor periodic disc activity. Certainly not normal because a normal boot on my machine is a matter of seconds. I rebooted a few more times but still the same thing.

I ended up using the Windows boot repair thingie and it used system restore. And now I am back to 14.9.

Any idea why this is happening? or is this sort of thing expected because the driver is beta?

10. ZETT

ZETT Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G 970 GTX @1560/8100
    And what about Lords of the Fallen Crossfire?

11. B0GiE-uk-

B0GiE-uk- Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980Ti Gaming 6Gb
    I put in a support request for Elite Dangerous to work in Crossfire with 2 x HD 7970's.

This is their reply: :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Dear Paul,

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[8200611715]} has been reviewed and updated.

Response and Service Request History:

Have you got such problem before like in Catalyst 14.4? Please perform a clean install and roll back to this previous version for better configuration.

Windows 7 / Windows 8.1 32 bit driver

Windows 7 / Windows 8.1 64 bit driver

a. Removing drivers:

1. Right click on the left bottom of the desktop (Click the start menu) and Open the control panel then Programs and Features or Uninstall a program.

2. In the list select AMD Catalyst Install manager then click change.

3. In the window that opens click next and then select the option ‘Express Uninstall All AMD Software’.

4. Once this process completes restart the computer.

b. Use third party tool to remove the existing driver. Before beginning the uninstall/reinstallation process, please run Windows Update to ensure that there are no outstanding recommended/required updates, especially updates for the .Net or C++ frameworks, or Service Pack updates. This will ensure that our software will run properly. You may need to run Windows Update and restart multiple times, as certain updates will not appear in the list of updates until certain previous updates have been installed first.

Driver/registry cleaning tool-Driver Fusion:

1. Go to the following link and download and run driver fusion:

http://treexy.com/products/driver-fusion

2. Run this software and choose the option to select multiple cleaning filters, select all of the ATI filters and then click start. You have no need to precede the pay edition of cleaning and the free clan should be enough.

3. Once the cleaning has finished restart the computer.

Note: Driver Fusion is in no associate or maintained by AMD and is used at the user’s discretion.

c. Run the downloaded installer package choosing the option for express install. Once the installer completes restart the computer.

d. If the above doesn’t help, please update your BIOS and chipset driver for best support

Thank you for contacting AMD and please let me know if you have any other questions.

In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.

Best regards,

AMD Global Customer Care

12. picturaw

picturaw Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7790 1GB
    Hi

Do some of you have the problem where all of the open windows are resized to a smaller size when the monitor goes back from sleep mode ?

I have this bug since the 14.4, have tested the 14.6 beta 1 / 2, 14.7 RC3, 14.9, 14.9.2 and this problem is still here, though I have reported this behavior in the AMD report form each time. I have to install an earlier driver release (13.10 beta 2 in my case) to avoid this problem. Very frustating.

13. PCJack125

PCJack125 Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 Gaming 4G
    I wait for Steam Sale on Civ:BE before I try 14.9.2 beta I guess. Haha

14. Nymphie

Nymphie Member

GPU:
    ASUS R9 290 DCU2
    Yes, and that is the ONLY port my monitor has. AND that bug doesn't exist in 14.4 and older.

15. tiptop

tiptop Member

GPU:
    Sappire RX Vega 56
    Yep, this bug with resized windows happened occasionally with my 290X on 14.9.1 (and I never experienced this **** with any of my 280X's). With 14.9.2, my monitor, as I said earlier, doesn't go to sleep mode at all. :bonk:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014

16. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    That's a major fault with AMD drivers. Things get fixed and then the same thing gets broken again. I always fear to update.

17. PhoenixRed

PhoenixRed Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    It happens when I'm just clicking around say just on a forum or something, but if i play a youtube video it doesn't happen. It never happens in a game ever. So freaky odd.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  18. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    Allright, so I am not being delusional, and nothing is wrong with my system after all! I was this close to reinstalling Windows, thinking something went FUBAR.
    I also filed a report for that on AMD's site, and maybe they will investigate.
    Luckily I only have one card, and only play BF4 and Skyrim, so sticking with 14.4 is not really a problem for me.

19. PhoenixRed

PhoenixRed Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    Yeah I actually reinstalled windows lol didn't change a thing once i installed 14.9.1 thats when it all started for me. I'm trying something I deleted both cards from regedit then rescan my system then reinstall 14.9.2 so far no black screen ... I shall report back in a day or so.

Update: Damn happened 3 times :( twice while just trying to write this post.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  20. Powerwolf

Powerwolf Guest

GPU:
    So in a year 2014, the month is October, and the computer still freezes when turning off the display for power saving, is AMD still saying they are not aware of this problem?