AMD Catalyst 14.9.2 BETA (14.301.1006.0 October 9)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by garikfox, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Seren

Seren Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    Yeah I'm using Win8.1. About Windows power options, I don't have such thing in mine, though it was in the bios.

2. B0GiE-uk-

B0GiE-uk- Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980Ti Gaming 6Gb
    AMD dickheads have put up the Win8.1 version on the Win 7 page on the Official AMD Driver Webpage.

I just tried installing it and wondered why it didn't instal properly.

Slack AMD, Slack...

3. rock1m1

rock1m1 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Trix R9 290
  4. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    well, thanks but I was using 14.9 driver with R9 270, starting the game with *mantle.exe and performance is great, I wasn't aware it wasn't used?! :3eyes:

anyhow...

5. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    is not a bug, its how it works, you just have to disable hardware acceleration on youtube/flash, otherwise you'll GPU will be running at video mode, which has lower frequency.

wheter its the good choice or not... not sure, I would say not :nerd:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  6. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Thank You

WTF is it doing there? every other game is in graphics options.

7. Seth-01

Seth-01 Member Guru

GPU:
    VTX3D R9 290 947/1250
    Under Windows 7 with a R9 290 this drivers work fine !

The version for Windows 8.1 with a R9 280 is hell : BSOD and total instability just under Windows : BSOD again

8. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    This game uses two .exe's that's why. You're basically telling it to launch the other.

9. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    Your posts never stop to amaze me. 7039 instances of extraordinary attitude problem.

10. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    GPU2 stuck at 99% again.

11. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    I realize that.

Just irritating after spending half an hour looking for it ingame.

lol

12. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

It's probably a bad choice, but I don't know if there's some video sync at a certain frequency stuff going on or not; I'll assume there isn't though.

If clocks are at 2D and you start a video, then it's ideal for the clocks to go up to UVD clocks in order to have smooth playback/decoding.

If your clocks are at 3D (or something higher than UVD), clocks shouldn't have to go down at all considering you should have more than enough processing power.

13. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    the UVD hardware requires a specific freq to operate. If you turn off HW acceleration, it wont engage the hardware.

If you close the video, theoretically it should unlock the clocks, if you leave it open, then there is your problem.

14. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    BF4, Sniper Elite 3, Beyond Earth all have a different way of enabling it.

15. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    i dont own bf4, or SE, no i guess i woudlnt know.

lol

16. tiptop

tiptop Member

GPU:
    Sappire RX Vega 56
    Lol, and how it's not a bug when it's actually mentioned in the 14.9 release notes? Remember?

And another hint. I'm using 14.9.2 right now and playing Ryse: Son of Rome. I'm periodically alt-tabbing to YouTube (with HW acceleration on) to watch a collectibles guide, then return to the game, and my clocks go up and down as they should.

17. mrrulez911

mrrulez911 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4080
    With 14.9.1 I had troubles with the sleeping display, no waking up and so on. Now I installed the latest version 14.9.2 Beta and I've the highest possibles frames per second with Mantle I've ever had, but within the same first match of bf4 I got leak issues. The frames were 80-100-120, but now after like 5 minutes of play it dropped beneath 60.

I closes the game and checked the temperature of 1 card it was like 79 and the fan was turning on/off, still spinning up and down with speeds. I think I'll wait for new drivers or perhaps install the 14.X from asder which worked great, except some more stuttering in bf4. Other games ran great though.

I already deleted the cache files of Mantle in the docs map from bf4, their back now after this terrible match and their the same size, so I don't think it did help.

18. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
  19. Nymphie

Nymphie Member

GPU:
    ASUS R9 290 DCU2
    The bug where the driver finds my monitor as a TV still exists, colors and screen position are f-ed up, it was introduced in 14.6....way to go AMD. So back to 14.4 we go! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrL4NUgsN2k

20. Bose321

Bose321 Guest

GPU:
    HD6950 w. AC III heatsink
    Incredible how these new drivers are just worse. Sticking with 14.4 on my 6950. It's like the HD4850 Crossfire story all over again. MSi 970 here I come :banana: