How to Mod Watch Dogs entirely - Full Tutorial

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by AlphaZ, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Disoner

Disoner Guest

GPU:
    /
  2. Marduk

Marduk Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780m
    sadly its forbidden to post links under a defined Posting rate...

3. gomson

gomson Guest

GPU:
    780ti Kingpin SLI
    Not sure if this is allowed but you can get around posting links limitations by just removing the " http://www " for the link..
    I'm sure you can be creative with a little effort.

4. AjGamer

AjGamer Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    someone posted s PS4 UI mod a page or two back and the file it replaces is pc.xbt. does anyone know where the xbts are located or how to replace this one specifically?

5. momashi

momashi Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 290 3GB
    Guys, sorry for the nube question but I can't seemed to find the answer in the thread or tutorial. I know to extract a .lib file to .xml as shown in tutorial but how do I repack the xmls back into a lib?

for example, when I'm working with items.lib, it extracts to items_converted.xml + the items_converted directory. I edit them. How do I get them back into lib format. I tried dragging and dropping the xml and it's respective directory onto Gibbed.Disrupt.ConvertBinaryObject but I just get a access denied error.

I wanted to look at AlaphaZ's full review but the link he left for it was broken. Anyone's got a copy?

------------------------------------
    EDIT:
    -------------

Figured out the mechanics,
    I just drag the main xml file to the Gibbed.Disrupt.ConvertBinaryObject and it and it's external xmls get put back into fcb format which I rename to lib and place in its original folder. That was one of the first things I tried but I was getting a 1kb fcb file because I had messed something up editing the main xml file.

I couldn't have figured any of this out without having stumbled onto Haxe's very detailed explanation somewhere middle of the thread. He went out of his way to give a super detailed explanation to this guy on how to export xmls back to lib and answered all his questions. I don't know him and don't know why he was banned from Guru3d but from the way he was helpful in this thread and patient with the newbs, I was very sad to see the banned status under his account handle. We need more guys like him in the forum not less...

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  6. momashi

momashi Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 290 3GB
    AlphaZ, the links dead and I'd really be into seeing the full tutorial. Would you mind putting up again!

Thanks for all you've done already, EPIC!!!!

7. Torg20

Torg20 Guest

GPU:
    R9 295x2
    Thanks for the info, Disastorm. Would you mind expanding upon this process a bit, as this is exactly what I want to do, but am having some trouble.

I've gone into character XML files in the unpacked graphickit_models for various characters, but so far I haven't found a single model id in the character XML that matches any ID on your list. Am I doing this wrong? I'm having trouble experimenting since I can't even figure out what values to replace or what to replace them with.

Also, if you could maybe share some of your findings from experimentation, that would be incredibly helpful. Thanks in advance!

8. psycatron

psycatron Guest

well can someone show me how to get gibbed tools to work or explain in detail i now have the time but a few months ago i tried everything to get them to pack and unpack only to get crashs and so i been searching for a fix with no results help!

9. momashi

momashi Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 290 3GB
    Hey Budy, your crashing may be due to absence of Microsoft XNA redistributable on your PC. Try installing it and see if that fixes you.

10. psycatron

psycatron Guest

i tried that and i did install all of the missing files.does any one know if their is a video showing how to set up folders cause the only thing i can think of is something isn't in association with my process setup "the way i'm do'in it"i read the how to mod wd entirely word for word i set the folders like explained.thanks for help n info!but it still crashs.''''''i have a question am i suppose to be using some other tool with gibbed tools also like i was saying i drag the fat file and drop it into unpack and it crashs.can someone that has the tools working please explain the basic way everyone is dragging and dropping so i can clear that up and trouble shoot something else.just to clarify!thanks for help.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2014

11. momashi

momashi Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 290 3GB
    Let's start by checking if you have the basic procedure correct:

Take your patch.dat/patch.fat files or common.dat/common.fat files and stick them in the same folder as the gibbed tools. Drag the .fat file over the gibbeddisruptunpacktool.exe (I don't remember the name by heart but it should be something like this). You should see a command prompt come up that will unpack the patch or common files into a directory called either patch_unpack or common unpack.

If you're getting a fatal error:

-try installing microsoft xna framework: xxx.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=20914 (replace xxx with www)
    -do you have Java installed? Is it up to date?
    - are you sure that some part of your gibbed unpack tool directory is not missing?

12. psycatron

psycatron Guest

i did everything except can you tell me what replace xxx with www means also what should the exe. directory read exact for apps please thanks but i still get crash.when i get a replie i will try the xxx,www thing and confirm the apps directory.and i did install xna..

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2014
  13. psycatron

psycatron Guest

can someone tell me how and if i have to rename the directory path for wd gibbed tools cause they crash and i would like to finally fix them.so i can mod.

14. Marduk

Marduk Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780m
    1.install xna frameworks 4
    2. download gibbet.disrupt
    3 . unpack it in a Directory, wich has not a tooooo loooong path.
    means...

good = C//modding tools/wd/disrupt

bad = C//modding/bla/bla/Trallalla/trallalaturallallla/Spiele/wd/oder noch länger /gibbeddirsupt

4. drag one of fat or dat files to disrupt.unpack.exe.....

the Rest should be known, or found in this thread

15. CobraCommander

CobraCommander Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9290X 4GB
    So far using this thread and a couple others, I've been able to easily unpack, pack and convert nearly everything on my first try, so I wanted to thank everyone who gave such great instructions.

My first project was to get Ultimate Car on Demand working in Bad Blood with Marduk's and cmh175's mods and was able to do so on my first try, so for everyone needing help, it really is all within this thread...

Some things that helped me that everyone should consider using are:

Altova Software's "DiffDog" for comparing, merging (and auto backup) of XML files
    System Commander 15 for comparing and merging individual files inside directories

Between the instructions here and those items, all we need now is a definitive road-map to decrypt the various object values and I'd bet a full GUI editor won't be far away.

16. CobraCommander

CobraCommander Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9290X 4GB
    After that last post, I realized I forgot to ask my question..

The question I have for the group is whether there is a roadmap being worked on or if one exists that helps identify some of the values inside the XML files. For example, I've successfully applied the mod to the SR25 that changes it to Jordi's sniper rifle and applied the same tactic to even turn one of the shotguns into the Spider Tank Gatling Gun (that was fun)...

However, was it by trial and error that the particular location to change that variable was found or is there something to help identify?

For instance, the hash value inside the "item" XML that changes the vanilla SR25 to Jordi's does not correspond to any value inside the "weapon" XML file for Jordi's sniper rifle itself... Is there a master index that I've overlooked?

17. psycatron

psycatron Guest

my path is C:\DISRUPT\bin\Gibbed.Disrupt.Pack.exe and i have xna 4 installed and it still crashs.i haven't been able to figure whats wrong since i wanted to mod wd.and it sucks cause no one else is having this problem."gibbed tools crashing"nothing has fixed it.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2014
  18. Marduk

Marduk Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780m
    than only drag /drop (left click and hold) ONLY ONE FILE
    example common.dat
    to gibbet.unpack.exe (unhand left mouse button)
    wait until it create
    unpack_common foldet

19. psycatron

psycatron Guest

yes i know when i do that it crashes.could it be that there is something wrong with cmd not working wright on my os and how do i fix cmd and or update it cause thats the only thing i can think of why the apps crash is maybe theres something wrong with my default cmd..

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2014
  20. psycatron

psycatron Guest