Nvidia Geforce Drivers Version WHQL 344.48 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Spenty, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Blaire

Blaire Guest

GPU:
    Geforce TITAN 4-Way...
    Can reproduce too. Problem is , once you select a DSR - Resolution in-game , the game has problems recognize in fullscreen mode so that you must press "ALT + ENTER" to Window and Fullscreen mode once each. :)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  2. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    Thank you all working cuda is fastest videorendering

3. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd
    I and a few others were having problems installing the driver, sorry for the bsod. I found another inf from lv2go that worked for me.

http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/68087155/file.html

I think the problem is installing en_us drivers and international uk english drivers or vice versa.

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    As a former AMD user, I can attest to the horrible driver support over the last 4 generations of video cards and AMD taking their sweet ass time fixing the issues. There's a legitimate reason why they are getting so much flack for their drivers.

5. Sergio

Sergio Guest

GPU:
    Asus 760 DirectCU II OC
    K finaly fixed the problem.

I was using HDMI for my BenQ x2200w 1680x1050, and was using DVI for my 2nd TV PHILIPS 32PF5520D 1280x768.

I disabled Philips TV and used DVI on BenQ x2200w. Problem solved. All resolutions at correct numbers and refresh rates now. (edit: after new install , i realised previous DSR resolutions also was incorrect, now everythings ok)

On previous install resolutions created under SD,HD section other than PC. Cant remember correct name. But after new install with DVI cable, now resolutions shows under Dynamic Super Resolution section.

6. ptrg

ptrg Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670MX
    Hi Manuel, do you have any sort of timeframe as to when DSR will be available to mobile gfx cards? I've asked around, and keep getting told that it "is available to laptop cards", but I believe they are incorrect as the beta of this driver was only available to 970/980m cards?

I'm running a 670mx card, and could really use the DSR (Prepar3d)

Thanks

7. Sabbath

Sabbath Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
  8. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    Well, it may be a coincidence but i'll share nevertheless.
    Updating to this driver has put me in quite a pinch.
    I did a clean install and rebooted, i was greeted by 1280x1024 res, instead of 1080 - something wrong.

Now here's the best part, my GPU vanished from the system. It's not in the device manager, nvidia inspector does not see any GPU, neither does MSI Afterburner.
    Games obviously don't work as they can't mount a device they can't see.

Can't even update/reflash BIOS as silly MSI only offers those via their live update app which does not allow you to download anything you don't have (or it does not detect in this case).

GPU itself seems to be working fine - i mean, i'm on it right now and it works, through basic windows driver, can't even reinstall any other NVIDIA driver as it says i've no compatible hardware.

Not sure what to think.

9. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    Try running running DDU in safe mode, after you have restarted see if you have any driver problems in "Device Manager," if you dont, then try to install the driver again.

10. Mystic_Monkey

Mystic_Monkey Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR

Tried that .inf too and the samething happened cheers tho, this also happened when i tried to install the 344.11, i did get the .24 i think installed but when windows restarted it was low resolution and device said my card was standard vga, but control panel said the drivers were installed.

BSOD

[​IMG]

Shacikpl i had that problem, i had to install the windows update drivers then reinstall the drivers which worked. also double right click device manager scan for hardware to get the card found.

11. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    It does not even appear in the device manager.

ditto as above.
    //
    It's weird, perhaps a fatal coincidence but it only does not work on the first PCI slot. If i use different one then it gets detected. Shame it was the only pci 3.0 one i had.

12. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    Do you have any errors in "System devices" in Device Manager?

13. Mystic_Monkey

Mystic_Monkey Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR

You need to scan for the hardware before you install the drivers if you havent on the pci-e 3.0 slot i think, sounds silly but you never know :)

14. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    [​IMG]
    This is the only one, seems unrelated but, uh, what do i know. I am displaying video via device that does not exist.

//
    Alright, case closed (i guess).
    In its details it was a PCI 16x driver - I uninstalled it and it just disappeared. Now the GPU works. Why and how - i do not know.

Yeah, i do realize that its name is self explanatory. It's almost 2am in here and i was irritated so it just went over my head.

15. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    Try uninstalling it in safe mode and then do a hardware scan.

To get DSR working in Mortal Kombat you have to set your desktop resolution to the DSR you want to use, once the game is launched you should be able to change the in game resolution to it.

1920x1080
    3840x2160 (Resized to 1920x1080)

16. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
  17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I had 344.42 and after updating to this 344.48 (clean install) I had to reboot, then driver continued to install normally,.

This was something else.. use to get that in winxp? guess it really did a clean install :D

18. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    I thought you couldn't use DSR with 4K monitors, I read a article that said DSR is not available when you have a 4K monitor connected, was that false or have you changed it so you can?

19. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    You can use it in single GPU mode but not in SLI mode or with multi-GPU cards (GTX 690, etc.).

20. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    Well guess what PhysX started working again on these drivers.

I removed the 344.16 drivers with DDU a second time after testing some PhysX gaming and reinstalled 344.48, PhsyX was working fine.

When the drivers came out I did the exact same thing, uninstalled with DDU installed these, PhysX wouldn't work as you saw on the video.
    Ran tests with the 344.16 like always works fine, switched back to 344.48 expecting to see the PhysX issue in Batman AO and nope it was working.

Could be a bug in DDU not removing all the files, but for people having issues I'd suggest try reverting back, removing and installing a second time.

Oh and I also didn't let DDU restart in safe mode, I did that manually.

Still was strange swapping the GTX780ti straight in (no full driver reinstall) and PhysX would work, where the GTX980 didn't.

But it's working now.
    Oh and I did this on a 2 day old fresh install of Windows 7 Pro 64.