Windows 10 drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by slash23, Oct 1, 2014.

1. dave6479

dave6479 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI
    So far I've tried drivers 344.11, Quadro 344.11 + 344.16 on this OS and all have run fine with BF4 and Firestrike Extreme. BF4 was already installed onto a separate SSD I just linked them together through Origin. The trouble I seem to get is the NVCP not wanting to open after a reboot and my DK2 not working. I'm enjoying testing it out though.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/4232387

Recent run with 344.16.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  2. sprocketgearzz

sprocketgearzz Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 660 2GB DDR5
    344.11 works like a charm for me

3. EaglePC

EaglePC Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 5700
    anyone going to install windows 7 tonight?

4. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd
    I honestly reinstalled windows 7 sp1 x64 this morning, lol.

5. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

The DP and the RC (or was it CP) looked real nice though. They updated Aero Glass before yanking it from the RTM. Funny thing is it worked perfectly, and worked differently to Windows 7 since it was Direct2D based, not Direct3D. This meant it didn't upset full screen Direct3D applications and it was considerably faster.

6. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Might be Beta or RC time before proper drivers become available. Don't expect full compatibility with everything. The purpose of the technical preview is to fault find and make suggestions about Windows, nothing to do with how soon the full driver support comes. You could think of it as pre-beta 1, so essentially just out of alpha status. There will be bugs, and you should report them! Also keep in mind that what you do is tracked so they can improve the cohesiveness (put very basically). It's not meant as an everyday OS that requires reliability. That said, do try it out, and do full testing with applications, games etc, and report any issues. Maybe dual boot? (not sure if you can). The more testing done on it the better the RTM will be.

7. dreamss

dreamss Guest

GPU:
    770gtx x2
    334.16 run great, gained fps in lotr

nv control pannel seems to have issues and wont open sometimes tho o_O

8. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    WTF...if Nvidia, Amd and Ms did there job properly then uninstall would do what its supposed to do but reg keys get left behind, personally i use Auslogics boostspeed to clean my reg and have done for last few yrs and my system runs nicely because of it.

9. GoldenTiger

GoldenTiger Master Guru

This. But most people don't understand how Windows actually works and think that the following...

...actually means anything :rolleyes: . Just a hint, a registry key being "left behind" doesn't affect things whatsoever nowadays, and generally are set there purposefully for a reason regardless. Unless you're using Windows 95 still, that is. :p

Nakquada is absolutely right here. While digging round manually has its place for people who actually understand what things are and how they work, 99.99% of people do not and mistakenly think they are helping themselves by using automated tools that don't really do much of anything useful, let alone rarely anything good.

Why would I install a poorer os with worse performance and less UI polish than Win 8? Haven't had to use Win7 except for compatibility testing in years, thankfully... it's like using Vista after Win7 came out. :p

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  10. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    BF4 works fine here coming from update on 8.1.

11. garikfox

garikfox Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 7900 XT
    Driver 344.11 WHQL is working perfectly with Windows 10 TP

The problem you all are having is Windows Update is locked to Automatically Install Updates which installs the 340.52 driver from Windows Update. So when trying to get rid of it and then installing 344.11 will mess up the system.

The Fix:

1. After Windows 10 TP is installed first thing you need to do is goto "Run"

2. Type in "gpedit.msc"

3. Goto Administrative Templates/Windows Update

4. On the right hand side find "Configure Automatic Updates" set that to "Disabled" then click Apply.

5. Now you can install 344.11

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  12. SaiBork

SaiBork Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 Ti / 4090
    Or you just open the System Properties, go to the Hardware tab and change the Device Installation Settings to not download drivers from Windows Update.

That way you will at least still get the other updates.

13. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    you all are brave to install a new early s.o.....

14. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    It is clear that this is not a "Developer Preview" fiasco like Windows 8 had early on. The Technical Preview is extremely polished, I can only find one real flaw, that is using this on an Nvidia Optimus laptop. Works perfectly on a fresh desktop install with a GTX 970. Waiting on an update from Nvidia to fix the GUI hangs and difficulty using the dedicated GPU for 3D programs.

15. SaiBork

SaiBork Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 Ti / 4090
    So far I had 1 crash of the drivers (344.11) in Skyrim and I have another piece of software that doesn't want to work in Windows 10 for now. But it's not that different than Windows 8.1 was, so for now I'll stick with it.

16. Kurg

Kurg Guest

GPU:
    ASUS R9 280X DirectCU II
    Finally i can run Archeage in directx 11, with win 10 Preview 64x and the 344.11 whql, in windows 7 64x was imposible, always blue screen and crashes..

I'm really happy, don't need more, runs perfectly estable :)

17. SlackerITGuy

SlackerITGuy Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Fury
    Would that prevent Windows from installing the default NVIDIA driver from its driver store, or whatever its called, upon uninstalling/reboot? (it's not actually downloading the driver every time right?)

18. garikfox

garikfox Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 7900 XT
    I have a GTX 680 and it doesnt install a driver for me when installing Win10 TP, Im not sure about other cards.

19. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    Hi guys,

Just did a full install of win10 TP and can't get rid of the Store app wich keeps me from activating both SLI & surround.

Any idea ?

I went in taskmanager details, could get rid of it, checked in the services thumbnail and it said it was "stopped" but ... stil can't activate neither surround nor sli.

If some one knows howto :)

PS: geforce 344.11 whql are on

Edit : Got it working !

How?
    -> everything concerning wsservice( windows store) was off and couldn't activate sli nor surround, i came here asking for a tip or 2.
    Then i tried to restart store app in the "new task" option in the task manager and couldn't. So i decided to restart the computer.
    went in nvcpl, headed for activation of sli/surround while doing nothing to the store app in any way and it was ok, sli and surround are on :D

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  20. dave6479

dave6479 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI
    Try ending the "Application Frame Host" .exe in task manager, should be down the bottom of the details tab. Works for me.