AMD Catalyst 14.9 WHQL (14.301.1001.0 September 15)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Sep 29, 2014.

1. HerrFornit

HerrFornit Active Member

GPU:
    Asus HD7790-DC2OC-2GD5
    one more:
    Sizes of windows are changed after monitor-standby

@Osjur:
    Use HDMI cable
    Deactivate intel smart connect (if possible BIOS)
    Deactivate DDC/CI in monitor setup,
    If problem still exists:
    Reinstall your chipsetdriver (Intel RST, ME), perhaps newer versions.
    Reinstall AMD Audio, then display driver,

Good Luck

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  2. ancientrites

ancientrites Guest

GPU:
    amd
    Dear Team,Today i downloaded 14.9 whql unfortunately below message occurs and you have to close it.
    "The Host application has stopped working."
    There is some problem with this release but no worries its been solved
    heres the link
    http://forums.amd.com/game/messagev...=178225&STARTPAGE=1&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear

Click on C drive, go into Windows, system 32, and you will find the amdmantle64.dll file. Just rename the file amdmantle64.old and that will take care of the problem of the crashing CCC

3. crz

crz Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G
    2. Intermittent black screen or BSOD error on reboot after driver installation

Is this the Crossfire/ULPS thing I reported in forum (and in AMD feedback form)?

4. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    The power state of the card isnt relevent, it still shouldn't disable the virtual desktop, low power state or not.

As is said, everything was fine prior to 14.1, and not since.

Bear in mind the exact same thing happens when you turn off the monitor as well. And again, its not supposed to.

5. maxstep

maxstep Guest

GPU:
    4090 + LG OLED 65
    Any news on the newer crossfire profiles, AMDMatt? DR3 and ShadowsofM

6. Racayo

Racayo Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 290
    it should be a different issue then, since mine doesn't occur when i turn the screen off, only when it goes to sleep. another thing, i've always used dvi cable, but today i switched to hdmi and the screen wakes up in a second now

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  7. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    I am using HDMI.

8. kretex

kretex Member

GPU:
    RX 500 Series 2Gb
    thx for the info
    now crashing CCC is gone :banana:

9. caleb59

caleb59 Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3070 8GB
    I've noticed some random artifacts/glitches in Sherlock Holmes Crimes And Punishments on HD 7850 and Windows 8.1 x64 using 14.9 WHQL...

10. reeven

reeven Guest

GPU:
    XFX GTX280 750/1450/3000
    I cant imagine how they didnt see the bug with amdmantle error with catalyst?
    Their beta testers are students at Bricks? Or there arent anyone?:stewpid::stewpid::stewpid::stewpid::stewpid:

11. freddy911

freddy911 Guest

GPU:
    amd 295x2 crossfirex
    well i have two 295x2 in quad crossfirex and these drivers give me bsod when i launch game but if i turn off crossfire its ok so i roll back 14.7

12. crz

crz Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G
    Setting ULPS to disabled might solve this kind of crashes/hangs with this driver set and Crossfire configurations, it did for me.

13. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    Yesterday I almost had a panic attack here...

After about two hours of uninterrupted Crysis 3 playing, when I got back to the desktop, my windows was all garbled, with colored lines all over it, and suddenly, my PC started hanging every boot. I thought the card had died.

But, oddly when on DOS or the BIOS screen, all went fine. So I started suspecting it was the BIOS update I did last week. Thankfully, I had the previous VGA bios saved and flashed it back, reinstalled the drivers, and the problem is GONE.... PHEW...

Strangely, the other BIOS had the same clocks the default from MSi has. It was a reference AMD BIOS....

Strangely, now, even though the system is stable, with the 14.9 drivers the memory clocks stay @ 1250MHz all the time... Maybe that is what did the trick to make the system stable... Card is running a little hotter, though...

Any thoughts on this ppl?

14. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I always had weird issues like that while overclocking the VRAM. Not sure why you would be getting it at 1250 unless undervolted.

15. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Anybody else getting audio corruption over HDMI with these drivers? I've never had a problem like this before and it's driving me up a wall.

For example, when I play any music file (mp3, flac, m4a) as long as I'm doing NOTHING else it will play mostly fine. If I dare to open a single program, like CCleaner or paint.NET I get 10-20 seconds of horrible fuzz and white noise before the music resumes. It is at its worst when I open a new tab in Firefox or Chrome.

I've tried playing different file types through different players (foobar, vlc, mpc, itunes) and the same thing happens. When I switch my audio output to the onboard sound and hook up my headphones I can do anything while listening to music and it is all fine.

My only solution for now is going through the AMD Catalyst Install Manager and uninstalling just the HDMI audio driver. That leaves me with the basic Win 7 driver which works, but I have noticed FPS hits in a few games. If anybody has anything like this maybe we could figure it out.

I'm going to try installing just the HDMI audio driver from some older Catalyst versions tomorrow to see if that fixes it. Other than this glaring issue, these drivers seem to be good.

16. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    Well, I went back to the latest bios from MSi, and the problem went away... Thankfully, I thought I'd have to RMA this card...

I was using a newer reference bios, supposedly from AMD, but from Gigabyte website...

Well, living and learning...

BTW, 14.9's are rocking here! :D

17. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I do know my MSI cards run 1550mv stock, maybe the ones you flashed run at 1500.
    Me too. Pretty good so far.

18. blacblu

blacblu Guest

Have these added CrossFireX support for The Vanishing of Ethan Carter?

19. ancientrites

ancientrites Guest

GPU:
    amd
    I have also reported to amd team hopefully we should see updated release or they may corrected in their next release

20. Wendig0

Wendig0 Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor PCS+ AXR9 290X
    Moving from 10.4 to these drivers my AVG FPS in Tomb Raider increased by 1.5 FPS. Woot. :) I only ran the test once on each driver so... but they were both on a fresh restart.