Monolith's Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Canzah

Canzah Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti GHz
    It's not misinfo at all, there is still stuttering even with latest patch. It's lower than it used to be but it's still clearly a half assed port.

2. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    it needs 4gb card.

3. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    Thanks for GAMEGPU test Kezen, I like their benchmarks. It looks like they made very good texture comparison, yes the difference is clear now, HD packs looks better (although EthanCarter use even better textures, and yet only needs 800-900MB).

HD textures
    http://gamegpu.ru/images/remote/http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test_GPU-RPG-Middle-earth_Shadow_of_Mordor-ShadowOfMordor_2014_09_30_21_52_02_263.jpg

Without HD content
    http://gamegpu.ru/images/remote/http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test_GPU-RPG-Middle-earth_Shadow_of_Mordor-ShadowOfMordor_2014_09_30_22_04_36_478.jpg

4. lantian

lantian Guest

consoles are based on x86 not x64, which is the reason tey can only use 3gb of memory as ram for cpu the rest goes to the gpu, and yes its 5gb vram but still, but the game is super smooth

5. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Consoles use x86-64.

For them to not use 64 bit in this day and age would be insane.

The split of the ram is up to the developer.

6. CSF90

CSF90 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabye GTX 980Ti OC
    Can't get SLI to work for some reason. :3eyes:

Have tried adding the EXE to the Shadow of Mordor profile in Inspector, and then applying the FEAR 3 bits - nothing.

Tried adding the Shadow of Mordor EXE to the FEAR 3 profile - nothing.

I've done this before loads of times, but could someone (for sanity's sake) upload a screenshot of their Inspector profile with SLI working?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  7. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    "0x080222F5" works according to this post on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/241930/discussions/0/613937306719753658/

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Eurgh, the quality of the textures takes a back seat to the horrid aliasing in the game for me. Why, oh why, does this game not have any kind of non-supersampling AA? It is inexcusable to not at least include FXAA as an On/Off option IMO. It's so disappointing considering Monolith's background in PC games development. Even the F.E.A.R games had AA!

My game is still downloading unfortunately - 22 GB of 33 - so it doesn't look like I will get a chance to play it until morning.

Has anyone found a working AA flag for the game yet? I've read this is an NVIDIA endorsed title so I'm surprised it doesn't have TXAA support.

9. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I like this game.

Solid performance here using 14.9 WHQL driver from AMD.

I just lock it at 30fps and set everything including textures to Ultra. No dips, and I never see it use more then 2760MB Vram monitored in Afterburner.

Good game, fighting is fluid, animations are great, graphics are good. Some textures in area are pretty poor but the rain (although scripted) does look good as it splashes off everything from objects in the environment to character models.

Decent game, I wouldn't pay for price it though, lucky I got it for £17 off G2A when it was cheap.

10. Canzah

Canzah Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti GHz
    Wrong, consoles use x86-64, commonly known as simply x64.

11. Canzah

Canzah Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti GHz
    Sadly there is no AA in the game whatsoever other than the built in SSAA in form of 150% and 200% your current resolution.
    You can use Boulotaur2024 1.5.1 SweetFX though, it includes x64 .dlls.
    Works perfectly on my end with enabled SMAA.

12. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Wrong, consoles use both x86 and x64 architecture.

Also I know that PS4 only uses 1GB of RAM for the OS and they are consistently lowering this with updates to the system. PS3 at the start used nearly 100MB for the OS alone, now they have gotten it down to as low as 12MB!!! Hence why the PS3 OS runs like **** and is a slow as ****.

XB1 used around 3GB for its multiple OS's. But has since patched this out as it turns off certain features when a game is being played. Hence the reason why the "unlocked" an extra 10% CPU power by not needing Kinect attached.

13. evasiondutch

evasiondutch Guest

GPU:
    2x-MSI gaming 290x 4gb OC
    This is what i wanne to hear how the gameplay is.

So as i already somehow knew it's ork after ork killing rampage thus boring as h3ll?

14. Canzah

Canzah Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti GHz
    We're talking about next-gen only consoles which are x64 you bloody fool, nobody cares about PS3 which is 8 years old hardware.
    Also PS3 is not 32bit either, it's PowerPC actually.

Also you don't seem to understand the difference between architecture and OS-dedicated RAM.

Next-gen consoles have 8GB of unified RAM (that acts as both RAM and VRAM).
    PS4's OS uses 1GB from it, leaving 7 for game devs to use in games.
    Xbone required whooping 3GB for OS, leaving 5 for game devs.
    I know they recently made Kinect optional which lowered the amount used by the OS, but I don't know the precise numbers for that.

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Here you go darling, Shadow of Mordor all maxed out, including Ultra textures. 1440p. Max Vram usage 3575mb. This is after about an hour of gameplay.

[​IMG]

No doubt the game would use less on 3gb cards, and again a touch less at 1080p.

Like I also said, with everything maxed, you can expect 70fps average on 970. Some 5fps less with Ultra textures. I'm averaging around 70fps here with my overclock.

I also said that 780ti would beat a Titan in this game, which has been proven a few posts back.

Now what? Are you going to play victim and call me a troll? I would just suggest, that in the future, I'd watch who you pick fights with. It's getting a bit boring proving you wrong.

One more thing, if you come back here with your nonsense and try something, I'll just prove you wrong again so you'd better stay quiet.

16. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
  17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
  18. BigAlBeast25

BigAlBeast25 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 970 SLI OC
    I get 50-70 with textures and AO on high, everything else maxed while playing @ 1080p. If I try with ultra textures, it stutters and the framerate has very low dips, almost freezes the game at spots. High works great for me though.

19. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I know all of this, I mentioned PS3 ram usage for the OS as an example that they can further reduce the RAM usage for the OS on PS4. Going from nearly 100MB used out of a 256MB total on PS3 to 12MB is pretty big achievement even if it makes the OS run like crap. They probably will reduce the PS4 OS to use around 512MB eventually. Unless they keep adding more stupid features.

And yes I know PS3 was PPC IBM based architecture (actually a custom Toshiba/Sony/IBM chip called CELL). Like I said I only mentioned PS3 as an example on how consoles do actually mature over time no matter what architecture they are using. Same with Windows, I remember Microsoft lowering the min RAM requirements for W7 to 1GB after updates.

Yes they both use unified memory meaning they can allocate what they want to CPU or GPU due to them using a single APU chip. I understand that completely.

Maybe I didn't word my first comment right, or you didn't read it properly.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah well 2gb might be pushing it for Ultra textures, but seeing as High textures look identical most of the time, it's not really an issue.