AMD Catalyst 14.7 RC3 (14.200.1004.0 August 11)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Tree Dude

Tree Dude Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    Tearing doesn't happen in all games with vsync off though. I am not sure how that works. I try and not play with vsync on, but some games it is a must. Recently installed Fear 3 and its pretty bad in that. But I play Quake Live and CS:GO with no tearing at all. Maybe the higher FPS mitigate the tearing?

2. Nurmi

Nurmi Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury Tri-X
    I have never seen BF4 tearing, but D3 tears and I have to keep vsync on. At D3 the weirdest part is that even though the frames drop at the lazer fights? The tearing doesn't happen, even though the vsync itself ain't working at that point.

3. Blacklash

Blacklash Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 470 4Gb
    I get flickering on water in Skyrim when looking about with these and with nVidia's 344.11 driver on my nVidia card. I did find a simple way to fix it for both cards; I force vsync on from an application profile. I did have it only set to on globally. For whatever the reason, global set vsync by itself doesn't seem to work well in Skyrim.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  4. Gapil301

Gapil301 Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    ayy lmao

5. Tree Dude

Tree Dude Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    I am realizing that some games have support for triple buffering, which cuts down on tearing with vsync off. This may be partly where the disparity comes from.