Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by MrH, Feb 14, 2014.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    340 or so here. I only play t6, it's in fact pretty easy, tried t2 for quick bounties, everything on the screen just kept popping and dying. since 2.1 the game feels a lot easier to me, even though I'm not aware of any massive nerfs.

2. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    OK, this trial system rubbish really needs to be removed entirely, it's a major miss. Once you get to around Grift level 40 it's extremely hard to progress because getting a high level key from the trial is so insanely difficult. It's possibly one of the worst things ever added to this game.

Also, the game is running even worse than usual since 2.1, in some areas I am getting sub 10fps, and in general the performance is way worse. 2.1 also introduced a rare client crash issue, plus a screen freeze which Blizzard are aware of and working with Nvidia to fix. Rakkis Crossing, Core of Arreat, Spires of Heaven and Cesspools all run like utter garbage for me and everyone I know, there's 1000s of threads regarding these areas on the forum but Blizzard have no interest in fixing the problem.

Grifts ATM are very broken, they have the potential to be extremely fun and challenging but there's just so many issues right now. The density is almost always poor, to the point of making the Grift impossible to finish in time. Mob types are really imbalanced as well, certain mobs make it feel like you're doing 2 - 3 higher than you actually are. And the worst offender is unavoidable damage that one shots you past a certain Grift, no matter your toughness. I want to be able to out skill mechanics and affixes, but stuff like Frozen, Thunderstorm and Jailer all one shot you instantly. Oh and I nearly forgot, pylons, why the hell are there pylons? The meta for Grifting now is scouting Grifts until you get Mother's/Zombies and a well placed Conduit.

And yet with all its problems I still love the game, I just can't imagine how good it would be if they fixed these faults.

3. maddy2012

maddy2012 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    The problem is the way they implemented Grifts was just lazy, by just scaling everything up, monsters and affixes that were designed to be balanced on T6 are not in higher levels.

They also need to remove most of the RNG factor in them, They should be set densities, less varied mob types and IMO no pylons or shrines, but again this must mean a **** tonne of work for them.

The Densities in normal rifts are getting a bit annoying as well tbh, for me if Rifts aren't like running around fields of misery or the halls of agony in adventure mode, then there's something wrong, that should be the bare minimum.

I wanna feel surrounded and overwhelmed when i play, not bored running through a Dungeon explorer simulator :)

Anyway sorry for the wall of text, but i love the changes they made in 2.1 but these issues are killing it for me.

PS: Is this crashing thing an issue for other people as well because im freezing or being kicked to desktop every 3 or four rifts atm.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  4. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Yes, there's lots of reports about it on the forum. I crash to desktop sometimes, and also freeze occasionally.

5. maddy2012

maddy2012 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Glad i asked i was about to do a fresh install of windows :)

Just killed a T6 rift guardian, and it dropped 2 legendaries, game crashed, not happy :(

6. Nightowl225

Nightowl225 Master Guru

GPU:
    Two ASUS GTX 760 in SLI
    I'm almost 200 paragon levels, but I'm on a bit of a break at the moment, started playing Tales Of Xillia 2 on my PS3, as that game has been sitting here a month, not being played. The other day, finally got the belt to my class armor, being the Inna's Mantra set, so my monk is under the rest of the Monk Mantra's which makes him tougher to kill. I use the Shenlong's Fist Weapons as my weapons, I do some crazy damage with those weapons, punching and kicking the crap out of the mobs.

That beatch Kadala was the one that finally coughed up the belt for my class armor, after I blew enough blood shards.

7. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Fantastic game, at least outside of that stupid loan mechanic.

8. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

I'm sure you think you're doing a lot of dmg if you're not playing at least T4. That's when it really kicks up a notch.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    He doesn't do torment at all.

10. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

11. Nightowl225

Nightowl225 Master Guru

GPU:
    Two ASUS GTX 760 in SLI
    Get head out of arse, I've been doing torment since late June, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten the Inna's Mantra class Armor, if you had paid attention to posts made earlier. I'm planning when I get back in to playing the game, after I'm done with Tales of Xillia 2, as I'm on a break from the game and my monk is sitting on Torment 1, with around 199 paragon levels of building him up to around 250 and then moving him to Torment 2.

I've had to change up my skills to survive Torment. Up until I got my class armor, I took a lot of dirt naps, and if I'm not careful, I still go down for the occasional dirtnap. Even have the Bottomless Potion of Kulleaid, when I got that I haven't had to buy a healing potion since.

Why don't you read posts, before you make a statement.

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Sorry if I don't read all of your posts. Anyway, t1 is easy, I one hit elites in t1. Just saying that "incredible" damage you talk about doesn't matter until you play t6, or better still, until you run high level grifts.

13. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2014
  14. maddy2012

maddy2012 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    You can add a couple of torment lvls on as well just by using 1 or 2 Legendary gems, especially a monk, just use generators with Mirinae and Wreath of lighting and you are good to go.

And even T6 now is pretty easy with the gems, i'm running a couple of builds that would not be possible before the legendary gems.

15. Nightowl225

Nightowl225 Master Guru

GPU:
    Two ASUS GTX 760 in SLI
    Well now, here it is.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Nightwolf-1868/hero/36391753

I'm not all day and every day like some people, and I'm taking my time getting him where I want him before I move him up to the next level of difficulty, otherwise I get in to, to much trouble. If I didn't have a lot of dex on him, wouldn't be able to hit fast and get the job done. If it wasn't for the life regen, I would die a lot. I increase my critical hit chance every time I can through paragon leveling.

At times when I step in to a rift, right away I get swarmed by a monster horde, and the only thing I can do is beat the crap out of them and keep right on going.

16. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Life per hit is an interesting choice over an emerald. 225k sheet dps? Just wait till you're throwing down 2million. :)

17. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Some interesting choices on that Monk. I'm not sure why you're bringing time investment up, I've clearly put in far fewer hours than you with much more sporadic sessions, and I can quite happily play up to T5 without an issue. People have mentioned this before, but if you were willing to take a tiny bit of advice you'd be clearing much higher end content.

18. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

He needs crit bad which obviously would be helped by switching out those weapon gems. Also trading all that health regen for some vitality would mean he could drop Breath of Heaven for something more useful. Also, no need for that mantra with the Inna 4 piece bonus unless you feel like you really need the active (you don't until later, if ever), so you could then add another more useful skill. 262k HP is also so low for a melee. I wouldn't dare run with anything lower than 350k and really 400+ is preferred. No wonder he's afraid to die, probably because it happens all the time, even with all that regen. I remember when RoS first came out I put a lot of time into life on hit (though not to that extent) but it wasn't until I went back into vitality instead and added the Sixth Sense and Harmony passives that I started getting really strong. The difference was huge. Anyway, not criticizing, just offering some alternatives for getting to higher levels (which means more goodies for you).

Also, keep in mind that Diablo 3 is really cool in that you can try these or other alternative styles, and always switch back if they don't feel right for you. I can't tell you how many times I've done that. I always prefer figuring it out for myself instead of reading about some fotm build on a forum. That's one of the biggest reasons I don't know about all this common gear, and some common tactics/farms etc. Almost everything I know about D3 comes strictly from playing it.

EDIT: I have the same time investment as you Nightowl. My gear isn't great either but it gets a lot of the job done.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014
  19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    He needs to learn the game. I could build a better monk in a couple of days off casual gaming. Some bad choices there. I mean I don't think I've ever seen anyone run with anything but emeralds in weapons.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  20. maddy2012

maddy2012 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Could run with all rares and be more effective tbh. Like eclap said just needs to learn the core concepts of the game.