GTX 980 Club - Overclocking - Benchmarks!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Veteran, Sep 19, 2014.

1. klown07

klown07 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 SC 4gb
    Just a heads up if you didn't know, Jacob from EVGA posted a screenshot that showed you can also change your Desktop Resolution to 4k once DSR is enabled! Give it a try and get back to me with results. I haven't gotten my card yet, but it should arrive later today.

2. deathfrag

deathfrag Guest

if this is a 1080p ...something is wrong with your results!!!!! i got 230 fps in variable and 153 fps in fixed with overclocked 780 and 4.2 i5 !!!!

3. Kronvict

Kronvict Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SLI
    Those options are missing when SLI is enabled. I disabled SLI and all DSR options were available. I really hope this is only temporary especially since its one of the features i was looking forward to and nvidia failed to mention any SLI incompatibility. Would be a shame for SLI users to have the horsepower to take advantage of it but not be able to use it.

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

Dx9 or dx10?

Dx9 now scores higher then dx10.. Nv did something to driver and bugged dx10, at least with R33x.xx branch, dunno now with 34x.xx

5. deathfrag

deathfrag Guest

directx 11 all max, aa 8x ,334.11

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    RE5 is max dx10

I get 236fps @ dx9 all at max & 8xmsaa, will try dx10 now.

This is at stock 954mhz boost 1097mhz. Cpu 4.7ghz, ram 2400mhz.
    [​IMG]

EDIT: ok guess they fixed it again, now DX10 scores higher, got 241fps
    [​IMG]

EDIT2: nope fixed benchmark is still bugged in DX10

dx9 225fps
    [​IMG]

dx10 200fps
    [​IMG]

Anyhow yeah Darren's scores do look a bit low, but RE5 likes fast system ram and cpu OC.. But then again almost 100fps difference is a lot :p

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  7. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    [​IMG]

CPU is @ 4.4 Ghz (might try to get it higher although I prefer stability and it's rock solid at 1.28v)

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    I see I can compete by Skydiver combined test :p

One older screen @ 4.6Ghz from summer - hotter then usual :)

[​IMG]

9. H0wlrunn3r

H0wlrunn3r Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 680
    I am wondering the same thing man! :D I am selling my cards at the moment and I want to know where to go when the cards come out. Newegg only has the Twin Frozr 970 and they are out of stock again today. It seems like the Twin Frozr V 980 is the mystery card for the year lol

10. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Quick update guys, front page has been updated with peoples scores.
    Only Firestrike only please, 3D Mark 11 etc please post in the respective threads or post here but i wont but updating the front page with 3d mark scores only firestrike.

Thanks.:)

11. pistol44

pistol44 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti (FE)
    My EVGA SC 980 just arrived!

Anyone have a recommended/safe OC I should shooting for on air?

12. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Better price/performance is 2xGTX 970. ;)

@ethne what a heck you want to do with 3xGTX980?And Evga,worst recent nightmare in cooling factory.
    Only benches in 1080?wtf man :D
    will see in Farcry 4 or The Witcher 3 what performance we got with each card. :)

13. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I haven't had time to do 4K tests yet but I will get round to it at some point.

No cooling issues here, highest I've seen so far was 73C after repeated runs of Valley (and that was only the top card).

Don't worry about how I spend my money and I don't worry about how you spend yours ;)

14. nexxusty

nexxusty Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G
    Had two EVGA's ordered. I was leery of doing this as EVGA stinks (Precision-X debacle) and then I hear they have ex-communicated Guru3D.

Order canceled immediately. Last time I will even consider ordering an EVGA product.

IMO if you are a respectful member of Guru3D you should not buy from EVGA. Period. I think the way they handle basically all their negative PR is pathetic, I assume the people here in the know agree with me 100%.

"F" EVGA!

Your system specs are crazy dude. I'm impressed, not easy to do that either.

Full water with all that good stuff? Except the 980's of course.

15. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC

The CPU is on an H110 and I have to say, this thing is a real bastard to install. I would suggest toothpicks to make sure you have all the holes lined up before trying to screw the radiator/fans down because Corsair's screws have a tendency to strip very easily and/or damage the holes on the radiator.

I find that (and it may just be my bad luck) the screw holes are not always exactly where they should be on Corsair radiators (Corsair have questionable build quality in some areas).

I will say this, it is a good cooler once you get it installed, under 30C idle and 65C (AIDA Stability test).

I would recommend two people for the installation to avoid headaches :)

16. nexxusty

nexxusty Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G
    Yep I concur wholeheartedly with a two person install on Corsair & Antec Units. Basically anything AseTek.

I prefer the Silverstone Units. The 240mm one is the easiest install ever. Installs EXACTLY like a real waterblock, great retention for an AIO. Best in it's class IMO.

The 240mm unit can also cool down my 9590 at 5ghz to about 65c on 100% load IBT. 1.525v (crappy CPU votlage wise). No idea if you have used or have any experience with the new AMD FX series, but that is no small feat my friend. Hehe, Silverstone Tundra TD02 it's called. Best AIO on the market in this members opinion.

Dude, I've got to know if you plan on going REAL water on that CPU and board. Or at least VRM's and CPU like I've got. You will not regret it. Seems like you can afford it no? ;)

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yes, my scores ARE low but that's because I'd forgotten I was forcing a custom Quality Ambient Occlusion flag in the game. I'll re-run the benchmarks with it disabled and then update my results.

Some of my other benchmarks may also be affected by me forcing SGSSAA and AO too...I always forget to check that the game profile is at default settings when running benchmarks. However, the key thing is that my results are consistent across the GTX 780 and GTX 980, i.e. the performance difference would be the same in RE5 whether I was forcing AO or not. ;)

*EDIT*
    With everything turned off in the driver game profile (i.e. no AO) I score 195.6 fps for the RE5 Variable benchmark and 130.5 fps for the fixed one.

18. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Not a price consideration, just a personal choice.

19. wsgroves

wsgroves Guest

Im with you ethne on the h110 install. I wished I had 5 hands what a nightmare. Anyways, i'll have a third on the way here too pretty soon. 4K afterall =/

20. deathfrag

deathfrag Guest

those result for 980 gtx or 780 ????