Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto V for PC on January 27th 2015

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    It was the story and mechanics that got it for me, I loved the combat system as well as the driving/hijacking options. The story was considerably better than GTA4 also imo, although that's personal preference more than anything. A larger and more diverse world would have been nice though.

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Sure as hell not paying full price now they let PC players finish last again, over a year after initial release. And trust me, I would have bought it and downloaded it the first day of release. Good riddance, GTA V, you're finally off my list.

3. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    January 2015?
    i aint gettin it anyways.
    lost total interest now.
    a holes rockstar.

4. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    People keep on saying stuff like this, for YEARS now and yet here we are with another "console exclusive" coming to PC, just like Destiny will.

Its nonsense honestly. For as many people may pirate it, TONS more will purchase it. And also, just take a look at how many people pirate console games on public trackers alone.

Seriously, let go of this concept.. its been debunked.

5. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I think the point of the game is to play the missions and story, not gather pretty pointless money.

It's useful in online however.

6. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    Good, then i have new rig for sure.

7. gavros777

gavros777 Member

GPU:
    560 gtx
    Not very good idea to screw pc gamers again rockstar as we might get some funny vengeful ideas like play a pirate version for 6 months and buy it for the online experience on a summer sale BWAHAHAHAHA!

8. gavros777

gavros777 Member

GPU:
    560 gtx
    I grew up in europe and went through 2 different schools, met 100s of console players and never met one who had an original game disc but with countless pirate copies and their consoles hacked! Pirate console game copies being sold also at every corner on the street, but on the other hand almost all pc users i met all were pulling original discs from their school bags!
    And now to hear from big greedy corporations that they screw the pc cause of piracy and making it sound like piracy is none existent on consoles i've never felt my intelligence more insulted before!
    Makes me wanna throw at their face hacked/modded ps1, ps2,ps3,ps4 xbox,xbox 360, xbone consoles that can play also illegally nintendo games lol!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  9. Rockstar knows people will buy it even if its expensive, and will certainly cash in on the added value from modding. Definitely at least $60 retail on PC.

You might be interested in this:
    https://www.g2a.com/grand-theft-auto-v-preorder-steam-cd-key-global.html

I'm not advertising for G2A.com. The site is legit, I've bought many games from then before. Also keep an eye on other sites like cheapshark and kinguin.

And hopefully it won't be a terrible port like the last GTA. Even then, the modding community has turned one of the worst PC ports in history, into one of the best looking free roam game till today.

10. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    I wish you guys would STOP with all this "give them more time to polish and optimize" BS. How many games were delayed Q4 2013 and Q1 2014? How many of these games delivered? Who remembers Watch Dogs?

11. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    summer /winter sale, too late rocksteady.
    free with a card would be ok.

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Since when was Watch Dogs delayed on the PC?

The delay is a good thing it makes the PC version better at launch, and let's be honest PC gamers don't deserve any favours do they, so why would they release it at the same time?

13. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    don't tell me xbone is getting it November?
    admittedly didn't read full OP, totally disappoint right now.
    was first thing i read when waking up on phablet.

14. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti

"Favours" and "same time" don't belong in the same sentence. :coffee:

Its not about favours, but freedom from being shafted in the arse at every turn.

But yeah, I thought WD was originally planned for late 2013, then it was February, and finally May. Also, for a game with all its problems, how is it going to run on the Wii-U?

15. Slikar

Slikar Guest

GPU:
    GTX970 WF3
    Gaming on PC is becoming serious joke day by day. People drop $500 for GPU only and still can't even play majority of games properly, even though the power is there , no one cares to make good quality PC versions of games these days. It all went down console road.

16. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC

Why that's a strange reaction for you, you know me personally?

Sure I'll buy it for PC, but after all these GTA V for PC delays I lost my interest for opening my wallet in advance to preorder not just this but any future game for PC because in my case almost all PC games preorders were complete waste of money in past few years. No more giving my hard earned money for something I would get not just with few weeks of delay but almost year and half after console release, and I bet (as always) game will be far from polished, there will be tons of bugs and unoptimisations in PC version in first few weeks, maybe even months. And I'm not talkin about preordering just one copy of GTA V game for PC: I have two sons (and thank God one daughter also who doesn't play games like this, yet) so I have to keep aside money not just for one but for three copies of games and also for PC upgrades for at least one PC so that all three of us can play that game online in same time in all it's glory.

And I'm not some horny kid who can't wait few monts more (after console version) to get his game on it's favorite gaming platform. But to wait almost year and half, now that's nothing more than POS I say. 30+ years of gaming experience on my back so don't tell me I haven't learned yet to wait for a good game, as years are passing PC gamers are waiting more and more because of delays to get some AAA titles, and it will be even worse in future.

Lesson learned, no more preorders for PC as far as I'm concerned, I'll wait for summer sales and buy for at least 2/3 of preorder price, by then game will be polished enough and playable as it should be, case closed.

edit
    Only game worth of preorder from my point of view atm is Elite: Dangerous, that game and no other and I'm 110% that game is worth all my money I'm gonna spend on it both for me and my older son who's gonna play it also. Sure I'm gonna enjoy it like 30 years before on my belovedC-64. From now on game developers are going to have a hard time to take my money in advance before I see final product: get it on time and get it polished, my wallet can wait...

17. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    no gpu upgrade till at least 2015 then. the witcher3 rig.

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    How is anyone being shafted?
    Releasing the game in November after you have the money and expecting them to wait until January for it to be patched is shafting people, this is not.

Watch Dog's was delayed on all platforms it was not delayed on the PC.

19. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    gta5 has been out over a year, i done waitin tbh,
    get it love it and have to wait till 2020 for gta6?
    nah, it's now a steam sale 50% at least.
    don't even know if i'll bother at all.

20. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    lol @ rock star trying to triple dip. This is just getting sad.