TheWorse Mod for Watch Dogs #3 part

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Marduk

Marduk Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780m
    other reason for a to dark night is using sepia setting of sweetfx...

example
    http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/screenshot/10237/
    (the Black white set doesnt matter)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  2. danipuffi

danipuffi Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 660 / 2047MB
    new patch is out we need an update pls

3. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Are you talking about the one from August or has there already been another released? The downloads on my Steam thread are up to date. I don't play WD often though so I'm not usually aware of updates.

4. Lumicko

Lumicko Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Gtx 780 Ti
    Can someone tell me how to combine maldo + theworse with the new patch??
    Thx

5. Xialoh

Xialoh Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 770 4GB
    So, without reading the entire thread, this has reached the point where everyone has to like, personally modify the game themselves and merge s*** on their own? No more easy installation so that we can avoid stealing peoples' work or whatever?

6. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    when you install a new update it will creat a new patch.fat/dat

you take theme and copy theme somwhere, then you extract the content inside with disrupt unpacker

you take the worse mod ( or any mod ) and extract the content with the disrupt unpacker , copy it and merg it with the content that you extracted from the update patch.fat/dat

once everything is one folder you create your own patch.fat/dat , and you're done

7. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
  8. Nuk1e

Nuk1e Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX980Ti Strix
    That might have been a good idea cmh175 , but I really do like the fact that u can configure it to your own likings.

Always thought that the worse mod looked nice but the effects were just way over the top for me personally so now I'am able to tone things down to their minimum and also add a few other things from other mods so yeah I'am very happy with the way my game looks right now :)

9. DavidHigh

DavidHigh Member

GPU:
    GTX680 2GB
    At the present moment I use "your" mod via your hints on the Steam community, and it's the best for me! It's up to date and thanks to your detailed help it can be personalized at its best!!! And the performances are great too! :D
    I think it would be a great idea to create a thread here to summarize all your work! ;)

10. narsasrub

narsasrub Guest

GPU:
    GTX 660 OC
    you and cmh175 are the same user, don´t ****ing spam, people just mod a little bit the the worse mod and they think they are masters, *******s

11. DavidHigh

DavidHigh Member

GPU:
    GTX680 2GB
    No... I'm definitely NOT cmh175!!! :D
    I'm not a spammer, but a newbie forum user that tried all the mods and found that the best for him is The Worse Mod! Unfortunately it seems The Worse is not going to update his mod anymore, and thanks to cmh175 hints I'm playing with an updated mod!!! :) I was suggesting to open his own thread on how to keep The Worse Mod updated. That's it! :p

Ah... e giusto per tua informazione, io sono italiano... non credo che anche cmh175 lo sia!!! E' allucinante come su questo forum basta che uno provi a dire bravo a qualcun altro e subito c'è chi si scaglia contro di lui con accuse di essere un clone, o di spammare o altro!!! Ragazzi, rilassatevi... è solo un videogioco, e siamo qui per aiutarci l'un l'altro a divertirci un po' meglio!
    cmh175, where are you from? XD

12. Candyland

Candyland Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 4G
    Dear Folks,

we have been following this thread for months now and we tried to do multiple comparison videos (we started with version 0.7), but whenever we recorded the vid, there was a new version of the mod.

Here are my impressions:
    - The Mod is really dark at night. You really have to change gamma, if you don't, it will be hard to see anything. For our comparison we took same gamma settings, otherwise it wouldn't be fair.

- I personally think that DoF is disturbing, although it creates a whole new atmosphere. But it kills many details. Of course there is always the option to turn it off.

- I am a little bit disappointed of the bloom effects. There are scenes, where the modded bloom really looks nice and far more realistic, but it changes the atmosphere a bit. I think it really makes WD much darker.

We did not use SweetFX oder MalDo Textures, just the plain mod itself. Maybe, if it works we can do another comparison with MalDo Textures and SweetFX.

Don't see this as a spam post, because we have put a lot of work into this vid and there is a lot of discussion with our users about this mod.

We would love to get your feedback.

13. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    This is a good comparison video showcasing the updates the mod makes versus the original game. Here's a bit more info though as I addressed these issues and a few others to update the mod for more customizable use and apply new updates from Ubisoft on Steam. The mod is actually dark because of the adjustments to the enviromentlighting.lib. It does make the lighting look better during the day, but the effect at night was nearly pitch black. I added the Sweetfx I was using which makes up for the loss of the environmentlighting.lib during the day. As for textures I suggest using Vanilla unless you need the performance boost, than I suggest looking at either Maldo's or TonyMBR's. I also posted the most helpful performance tricks I could find, particularly the gamerprofile.xml trick for v-sync and to boost the frame rate. It really makes all the difference.

Making another thread entirely is starting to seem more and more likely, I'd still just rather avoid another guru thread for Watch Dogs, there's just so many. My thread on Steam isn't hard to find in the Discussion section for the game, it's usually within the first two pages, and a link can be found for it on several pages of this thread. If Ubisoft releases another patch I'll probably do a new Guru thread then.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/243470/discussions/0/43099722142040818/

14. Nuk1e

Nuk1e Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX980Ti Strix
    That video also points out a nice short comings of the worse mod aswell, when they show the pizzeria no green reflections on the floor and wow and the trafficlight the red light isnt red anymore.

I ended up using a different envoirement.lib from supersourva99's mod because I couldnt stand how dark things looked , but I still think the mod does make the game look better its probably just the dof that makes the difference.

15. narsasrub

narsasrub Guest

GPU:
    GTX 660 OC
    thousand apologies, i´m from Berlin :banana:

16. Hisenburg

Hisenburg Guest

GPU:
    HIS 290x
    Ran this with my 4k monitor. Runs better than my 1080p+5803gb combo.

17. narsasrub

narsasrub Guest

GPU:
    GTX 660 OC
    bura

thanks for your mod theworse, see you in the next Watch Dog game jajaja

18. mudy

mudy New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB in SLI
    I tried copying the sweet fx presets and pasting it watch dogs bin directory, where the executables are but this doesn't seem to work. Then I imported this settings from sweet fx injector application, which also didn't work. So I googled and lot of ppl are saying that for sweet fx to work in win 8.1 u have to use a compatible injector like eFX but I couldn't find how to get that injector. Could anyone help me on this. And also, I'm very new to sweet fx - didn't really use it.

19. stained7

stained7 Guest

GPU:
    Nvdia
    with the tbone dlc it doesnt work any more? :/

20. Marduk

Marduk Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780m