How to Mod Watch Dogs entirely - Full Tutorial

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by AlphaZ, Jun 16, 2014.

1. psycatron

psycatron Guest

help with textures for hud?

first i would like to draw the attention of no hud modders"gamers"like myself.i have a way that i edit things in games and it is simply to erase or minimize transperency of layer "texture"repack it in dat file of watch dogs not delete texture but to erase layer or transparency.texture still has to load in game but will be see through.all invisible ui will still function as normal bug free"no hex editing involved.i plan on doing this myself when i find the programs that will help.i used the extracter tool to locate these textures but it wouldnt let me mod.the textures in watch dogs are in the dat files that are packed in folder win_64 windy city,comman and patch dat files ect.im sure this idea will help other modders as a no hud gamer i like to immerse myself into a game only to visualize eye candy and not artificial disturbances that ruin the perception.also the files in dat are dds and psb yoe will need aobe photo shop for psb.so if anyone can work with me or initiate this it would be great.watch dogs is the next gta of next gen games.... joe note that i only have had the gibbed tools a day and im trying to learn how to pack and unpack textures to edit them with gimp.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2014
  2. iPaddie

iPaddie Guest

GPU:
    GTX680-DC2T-2GD5
    You need java installed, and execute it from the command line

3. Marduk

Marduk Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780m
    thanks, test decompile this morning with the right script... I hope i Can edit something to get it work, Hard because they have internal links to other lua files...

java -jar unluac.jar *lua filename you wish to decompile*.lua > *lua filename you wish to decompile*_decompiled.lua

I think explosions work with e3 Act 3 lua or nearly so ;-)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  4. Marduk

Marduk Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780m

5. Nicistarful

Nicistarful Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 660 3GB EVGA
  6. Marduk

Marduk Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780m
    are you sure you have installed java runtime envir.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre7-downloads-1880261.html

should be fixed this

1. Drop the .lua you want in the folder
    2. Drag/Drop the file to ELUAD.bat
    - it will create the right dec_*filename*.lua
    3. edit , or code
    4. drag/drop the edited dec_*filename*.lua to compile.exe
    - will create luac.out
    5. rename the luac.out to the original lua filename

7. Nicistarful

Nicistarful Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 660 3GB EVGA
    I took a screenshot, when dragging the lua to ELUAD, and was able to read the text: "System can't find the path: "Wurbs/..."" (my full name is Nicola Wurbs) so I had to set a _ between my first and last name... NOW it works

8. Marduk

Marduk Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780m

there s also a way to deactivate hud (dont sure where but i think in the gamerprofile xml youre right)

i search actual for this shiny Highlightning, which used for hackable objects

9. Disastorm

Disastorm Guest

If anyone's interested, I've made a list of all the character model ids from the graphickit_models.lib.
    There are 3290 models and each of their filenames provide a slight description.

http://disastorm.com/files/models.txt

The model id is the part before "</field>" at the end of each line.
    You can also manually modify these xml files in the graphickit_models to mix and match clothing, hairstyles, etc and basically create custom characters.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2014
  10. sutur

sutur Guest

GPU:
    This is excellent but even the unpacked, decrypted item XMLs contain data that means nothing.
    I don't know what any of the field hashes or values mean, is there a way to convert them to ascii? Only certain fields seem to be able to be converted.
    For example inside "Weapon.SniperRifles.M107.xml" there is much data like this:

Code:
          <object hash="92C5AA6E">
            <field hash="3851F4E1" type="BinHex">61D60200</field>
          </object>
          <object hash="95E9C775">
            <field hash="3851F4E1" type="BinHex">62D60200</field>
          </object>
          <object hash="7EFE8618">
            <field hash="3851F4E1" type="BinHex">63D60200</field>
          </object>
    None of those BinHex values convert back to ascii properly, but certain fields do:

Code:
          <field hash="C755876F" type="BinHex">77706E5F4D31303700</field>
          <field hash="E6641040" type="BinHex">64656661756C7400</field>

77706E5F4D31303700 = wpn_M107
    64656661756C7400 = default

So my question is, am I missing something obvious or are the hashes and binhex values still unknown and undecipherable?

11. Disastorm

Disastorm Guest

Unfortunately, I think you just have to play around and figure out what they mean. I think it would be very difficult to generate your own value, I think if you plan on modifying something you should copy a value from a different item into your current item (once you figure out what the value represents).

I don't know anything about the weapons, I've only been playing around with the character xml files.

I've managed to figure out the part of these files which reference torso clothing, legs clothing, hat, asccessories, face/race/body/skin color (havn't completly figured this last one out) .
    So I can copy paste these things and essentially create a customized character appearance.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2014
  12. sutur

sutur Guest

GPU:
    There must be an index file somewhere that offers the meaning of these hashes. Maybe they were using software that encrypted the data for them and were going about it the wrong way.

Why bother encrypting though? Games with open mod support always fair better than the ones that don't. All elder scroll games, all gta games, still active today for one reason: modding!

13. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    some xml lib files are decrypted and have clear description but most are not, peoples who play with these files either do it blindly by swapping existing values ( you already have to guess right to know what a value represent to begin with wich is a huge time consuming technique ) or they can somehow decrypt the binhex values

i personally tried to find ways to decrypt binhex but didnt find anything that worked, you can tell that a lib file isnt decrypted when you extract it and gibbed disrupt give you an error message while it does extract the xml files

@Marduk : the texture for E3 explosion is there if am not mistaken, i saw it while checking some textures, but of course its not used anywhere in the game, unless i missed it

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  14. Nicistarful

Nicistarful Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 660 3GB EVGA
    Let's say I unpacked a lib file, edited it and want to put it in the patch folder. The path is right and so on, but what exactly do I have to do with the xml file and the folder after editing?

15. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    nothing, you can delete them, just use the new .lib file that you created

16. Nicistarful

Nicistarful Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 660 3GB EVGA
    So editing everything in the folder I want to, delete the xml and the folder, move it inside the patch to the right folder, pack and done?

17. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    extract lib file

editing anything you want inside the folder

reconvert to lib, it will create an fcb file i think so you have to rename correctly to .lib

put your lib file in the right folder structure then pack to .dat/.fat

18. Nicistarful

Nicistarful Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 660 3GB EVGA
    OK, thank you

19. Nicistarful

Nicistarful Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 660 3GB EVGA
    btw is there any way to encrypt the .lib files or even slighty see, what code stands for what?

EDIT: Ok, can someone maybe make a tutorial, which shows, how to understand the .lib code? I mean what code does what or what it is... And maybe showing us, how to get information out of it...

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  20. Kindawonder

Kindawonder Guest

GPU:
    2gb
    anyone knows how to make the game can replay main campaign mission?