Windows update nvidia graphics adapter WDDM1.1-1.3

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Straykatt, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    I just ran windows update and it showing a 233.6 MB download for nvidia - graphics adapter WDDM1.1, WDDM1.2, and WDDM1.3, other hardware nvidia GeForce GTX 470? It's published 09/20/2013... Anyone know what this is? I'm running windows 8 pro.

2. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

That is a display driver for your card that Microsoft have in their update catalog. I did a quick search through the update catalog http://catalog.update.microsoft.com and saw the exact driver you are talking about. The other seemingly identical drivers listed there with different sizes are for different platforms, such as x86.

The version associated with it is 1.3.26.4. This is probably a different way of writing out 326.4x (x being something), so it isn't the latest even for WHQL.

In fact, it appears the very same driver was listed back in June for the Windows 8.1 preview. The reason why it didn't show up on your list then is because it no doubt just had Windows 8 not in the inf file. The driver date is misleading as that is the date of the inf, the files are probably the same as the earlier June release for Windows 8.1 preview.

Ideally though try not to use Windowsupdate drivers unless no later drivers are available. Since 327.23 WHQL (or 327.24 beta) is available, use that instead :).

3. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    I see. It's just the display driver. Thanks for pointing that out.

4. chinobino

chinobino Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060Ti Gaming X
    Microsoft have updated their driver catalogue to include Windows 8.1 (WDDM 1.3).

The driver is also backwards compatible with Windows 8 (WDDM 1.2) and Windows 7 (WDDM 1.1).

5. drbaltazar

drbaltazar Guest

GPU:
    amd 7950 3gb
    If I recall ,ms had a problem with its updating system till not long ago.I would uninstall the one you got ,install ms version then update this version .sometime ms add stuff not apparent but needed!once installed those usually stay even if you update to latest afterward.

6. sdpo2007

sdpo2007 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 660
    i have recently installed windows 8.1. when i check dxdiag it shows WDDM 1.2. shouldnt it be WDDM 1.3?i have updated graphics driver to latest version.how to update windows display driver to version 1.3?

7. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

Why aren't you guys just getting your new drivers straight from Nvidia?

8. DarkSayianSilva

DarkSayianSilva Active Member

GPU:
    asus gtx 980 TI STRIX
    I like to know as well

I 2 would like to know what exactly this Nvidia graphics adapter wddm1.1-1.3 is all I can find online atm is its some sort of possible graphics update for improved gaming performance, and supposedly it allows Windows 7 to use DX11.1 but mostly hear say as everyone is complaining of problems. Thank God it showed up as optional and not for critical for myself, until we know what it actually is and there is a fix PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL THAT GOES FOR EVERYONE!!!! it will **** you PC up and make it extremely difficult to restore your PC to a working state as it uninstalls and or conflicts with your current Nvidia drivers from what I red even system rstore and safe mode have trouble working :thumbdown you have been warned good luck!:bang: