Bad SLI performance BF4

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by mbm, Nov 1, 2013.

1. mbm

mbm Member Guru

GPU:
    4090 RTX
    yeah performance was great but texture errors. now after the latest update the texture error was fixed, But performance went back till releasedeate :( GPU usage onlu 50-70%
    Maybe they just pulled back all the patches? :puke2:

2. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    That is because the patch was broken to begin with. The performance from the broken patch is nothing to pay attention to as it was not the real performance due to the shadows being gone/flickering, causing an FPS increase.

My maximum FPS went up too with the shadow issue.

I'd rather have it like it is now, with no flickering. I'm playing max'd out at 1440p just fine at 60fps Vsync.

3. peeches

peeches Guest

GPU:
    16gb corsair
    2x Nvidia gtx660ti -SLI not working on BF4

I am experiencing an issue with my SLI. I've noticed that when I play other games, ie, Skyrim, my GPU temps on both cards increase to a steady temp (around 60-70c). When I play BF4 however, only one GPU temp goes up.. To me, that makes me think that BF4 is not utilizing the SLI setup... Assuming for a moment that it 'throttles' back, I have increased all the videos settings to ultra, and all it does is drop my frame rate, and does not utilize the second card...
    Has anyone seen this? I have tried disabling SLI, and my framerates are pretty much the same as if they were enabled....

Regards,
    Peech

4. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    My SLI experience:

Started with Windows 7, latest updates and service packs, and drivers:
    - stutter, bad scaling, flickering textures

Installed Windows 8.1, latests drivers:
    - no stutter, good scaling, no flickering

Variable I have not yet tested completely, is adaptive Vsync. It was on, on couple of Windows 7 tests, and not single time on Windows 8.1

What is weird, is that, now on Windows 8.1 I have no tearing without Vsync at 60Hz monitor. First time for me. Very weird, as I cannot tolerate any tearing, and have always played with Vsync (I did upgrade to 2560x1600 30" monitor so it might have something to do with it, dont see it as much etc).

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014

5. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    SLI playing great here in BF4..

Dice really let me down with this game though. The foliage physics is now disabled, just like the clothing physics :bang:

6. mbm

mbm Member Guru

GPU:
    4090 RTX
    some days it runs great other days it dont...

Peeches try to set gametime.maxvariablefps 200 in user.cfg and set power management mode in control panel to max performance instead of adaptive.

it gave me higher max. fps.
    I had the same experience as you that my cards didnt run at max.

7. anthonyl

anthonyl Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7800XT
    Hmm just did a quick test and disabled SLI..went to a point on the map...80 fps.

ENABLED SLI..went to same spot...80fps. Is SLI working in BF 4 or not?

I have the latest drivers.

8. chasus

chasus Guest

GPU:
    -
    Try enabling the SLI Visual Indicator to confirm.

Also, monitor the temp and usage of both GPUs (eg in Afterburner).

These 2 should be able to tell if SLI is working.

9. peeches

peeches Guest

GPU:
    16gb corsair
    One of two things fixed my issue.... I installed 332.21 drivers, but when I installed them, I chose to do a clean install, instead of just over top... Mine is now working... one of those two things would hopefully fax ya!

10. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    It is the frostbite engine, sli scales bad in all of the frotbite engine games.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014

11. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Looks like cpu limited. Try 500 mhz different cpu speed at the same location. try 1333mhz ram vs 2400mhz too :)
    Same cpu limited as bf3 in some places

12. cmgver

cmgver Guest

GPU:
    gtx 690
    i really need help with my 2x gtx 690 quad sli escalation issues please!

I've read a lot of ppl with troubles with the 2x gtx 690 sli escalation but didnt find any solution jet :( Please help! How did u solve your problems with ur 2 x gtx 690 quadsli scalation problems? my email es cmgver[at]gmail

My quadsli doesnt work with many games, i have drastically drops of FPS from 130 to 10 in games like battlefield 4 and i cannot use sorround 3 screens in many games too. I discover by accident that when i use no SLI configuration then it works better with no FPS drops, so is not the RAM or CPU.

I bought the two gtx 690 for 3 screen sorround rig, in that moment i had three 27' cinemadisplays but the performance was horrible, i thought it was not possible, but now i have only one screen and the same problems persist :/

My rig is:
    2x gtx 690
    mb asus rampage IV extreme
    cpu 3930k
    4 x 4 gb Tridentx G Skill
    2 x 128 gb ocz vertex 3 RAID 0
    1 x 4 tb western digital caviar black
    monitor Asus swift PG278Q with g-sync
    windows 8.1 64 bits

bios firmware in my 690s are: 80.04.1E.00.90 80.04.1E.00.91

i updated the ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME to the latest bios firmware 4901

Thanks a lot! and i will appreciate any clue of how to solve my problem.
    CM

13. cmgver

cmgver Guest

GPU:
    gtx 690
    i really need help with my 2x gtx 690 quad sli escalation issues please!

I've read a lot of ppl with troubles with the 2x gtx 690 sli escalation but didnt find any solution jet :( Please help! How did u solve your problems with ur 2 x gtx 690 quadsli scalation problems? my email es cmgver[at]gmail

My quadsli doesnt work with many games, i have drastically drops of FPS from 130 to 10 in games like battlefield 4 and i cannot use sorround 3 screens in many games too. I discover by accident that when i use no SLI configuration then it works better with no FPS drops, so is not the RAM or CPU.

I bought the two gtx 690 for 3 screen sorround rig, in that moment i had three 27' cinemadisplays but the performance was horrible, i thought it was not possible, but now i have only one screen and the same problems persist :/

My rig is:
    2x gtx 690
    mb asus rampage IV extreme
    cpu 3930k
    4 x 4 gb Tridentx G Skill
    2 x 128 gb ocz vertex 3 RAID 0
    1 x 4 tb western digital caviar black
    monitor Asus swift PG278Q with g-sync
    windows 8.1 64 bits

bios firmware in my 690s are: 80.04.1E.00.90 80.04.1E.00.91

i updated the ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME to the latest bios firmware 4901

Thanks a lot! and i will appreciate any clue of how to solve my problem.
    CM

14. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Why post it twice in the space of 15 minutes? Not many people on, on a Sunday. Wait?

Unless of course it was a mistake...

15. cmgver

cmgver Guest

GPU:
    gtx 690
    yes sorry it was a mistake :/ ill delete it

16. cmgver

cmgver Guest

GPU:
    gtx 690
    i cannot delete it, my firefox didnt load when i posted, sry... i really need help with this stuff, is so desappinting :(

17. nakquada

nakquada Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 FE
    Have you tried a different SLI bridge?
    Is your power supply sufficient?

EDIT: nevermind, I see you have a 1500w SuperNova

Use both cards on their own. See that they both behave normally and with the same performance.

18. cmgver

cmgver Guest

GPU:
    gtx 690
    yes, i tried different sli bridges, one ASUS Rog and another from the evga cards, also tried working changing the cards from the pcies.... the work nice when there is only one, but twooo in quadsli is the problem...

thanks ;)

19. cmgver

cmgver Guest

GPU:
    gtx 690
    guys, sorry for reopening old threads, i just had the intention to reach old users with gtx and see if they had some solution to the sli scalation problems with 2x gtx 690. Please, any answer u have to my question, do this in the main thread to the problem, thanks a lot, CM.
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=392433

20. IamGODobeyORdie

IamGODobeyORdie Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX 780@SLI & GTX 780M
    I had some issues with BF4 being very slow, I mean 2fps slow even before it started. It has worked fine for a long time before this issue started, but I uninstalled Sharks Advanced Codec Pack, voila performance was back to normal! ;)