Watch Dogs HD Texture Pack 0.9.5b

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by iPaddie, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    So at the default HIGH setting these will be used im currently testing lunayahs texture base it's great too will test yours also :)

I currently restrict Windows on a Specifc Low Memory Usage Case and it's very stable so far on my GTX 460 1GB :)

Lunayahs Texture Base results (Temporal AA High)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Especially Physics Interactions stay low latency mostly all of the times very nice Physic results :)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  2. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    yes, because the game loads textures _High from windy_city.dat and only mipmaps from the patch ... but in equal detail, there is a greater use of memory

3. machine4578

machine4578 Guest

GPU:
    GEForce GTX 660 2GB
    i too had the weapons bug, but i just deleted the weapons folder and the bug is gone..

also this mod is working great on my system! thanks again iPaddie!!

4. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    wait, really? YOU can run this? You know my system is not very different from yours in terms of graphics horsepower, are you running just these textures and nothing else? I mean, everything vanilla except this..

5. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
  6. iPaddie

iPaddie Guest

GPU:
    GTX680-DC2T-2GD5
    I renamed all _high texture so they are loaded!
    Example of quality difference
    [​IMG]

7. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    no... the game always load _high textures, in setting ultra, if you set high textures the game load only textures without _high, if you set ultra textures the game load _high textures for detail and normal textures for mipmaps... if you post a screen of gameplay you dont' see any difference...

8. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    okay then, I guess we need a real comparison. Sunset is saying one thing while paddie is saying another. Can someone please put up screenshots of trees, bricks, ground with leaves, etc. Run in vanilla ultra then the mod's ultra. Do them up close that way we see if there is a real difference :)

9. machine4578

machine4578 Guest

GPU:
    GEForce GTX 660 2GB
    Sunset go back to your topic and spam more youtube videos.. LOL.

iPaddie has done a great job!

10. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    is a forum and post when and where i want, however, is perfect for me I've already uploaded my textures for someone, you can safely use these :D I am sure that you will not have stuttering LOL :D :D :D :banana::banana:

11. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    I can safely post photos comparative, but it would be the same, the problem is that even the stuttering is the same ;) because the patch is as if there were not...

12. iPaddie

iPaddie Guest

GPU:
    GTX680-DC2T-2GD5
    LOL i tested with pink textures and the _high texures never got loaded not even on ultra setting, but think what you want :)
    And yes this texture pack requires a good pc, so performance problems are to be expected when using more vram

13. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    no the game Always load _high textures in any case, does not load, only when it is set textures to high. just that you try this, simply copy a wrong textures, rename it in your patch in _High and you'll see that will be loaded ;)

14. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Listen to Sunset the Engine only choses the Mip levels and additional normalmaping ;)

For a UMA system this works nicely because you aren't limited by the slow PCI bus and latency issues in the multihreading synchronization but for the PC it's different and it gets even more complex with SLI ;)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  15. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    Wow, this thread is just turning into a big argument, Sunset, your work is great and I commend you for your contributions to the Watch_Dogs ''modding'' community. But, and no offense, you are practically trashing paddie's work, I get that you are trying to explain that the game loads _High files on Ultra already, but it mainly looks like you trying to sabotage paddie's work. And we cannot really be sure of this UNTIL someone shows a comparison of vanilla and paddie's textures, again you have done a great job with contributions you added to Watch_Dogs but it seems like you are purposely trying to ruin this thread. Please, someone just upload a comparison of vanilla ultra and the mod's ultra, that way we can just end this funky feud :)

16. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    I just said that his work overloads the game unfortunately without significant improvements in fact I had also written that if you want "I can safely post photos comparative, but it would be the same, the problem is that even the stuttering is the same because the patch is as if there were not... " :)

17. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Jep immediate Windows Memory Warning here and no significant visual change compared to vanilla ultra ;)

18. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    yes, because the game load _high textures from windy_city.dat and it's patch as skipped :)

19. machine4578

machine4578 Guest

GPU:
    GEForce GTX 660 2GB
    @Cru_N_cher and Sunset

i actually gained from this pack.. its working great for me and contradicts everything Sunset has said. and i thank ipaddie again for his work and for sharing.

so imo both of you dont know jack crap.. so stop stroken each other and go back to what you are both good at, videos and pics. LOL

20. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    are these textures better than in-game ultra and if so is it easy to install?
    i see up to 3.5gb usage at times with ultra textures.

folks may try hide the truth but it'll come out in the end.