4K SLI Gaming with Nvidia

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by AleksanderDev, Aug 21, 2014.

1. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    No *****, just speaking the truth. Sorry you are butt-hurt by it.

The saying goes...truth can hurt.

You'll get 60hz, but with issues out the arse.

2. cryodav

cryodav Guest

GPU:
    780 gtx
    blueray is 4:2:0....

3. octiceps

octiceps Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 650M SLI
    No point arguing with fools. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. :D

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Then enjoy your fake colors :p

5. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Look I reported you for being disrespectful towards other users.

Also prove that the users are incorrect instead of providing misinformation.

6. octiceps

octiceps Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 650M SLI
    Misinformation? Look at the sources I cited. Only one spreading FUD here is GhostXL. There's enough proof in this thread from other users.

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Imho its not pure 60HZ because its using color compression, not that it isnt capable of running 60Hz.

Which makes it pretty much useless for anything serious, you won't have accurate color reproduction in video/picture editing software or games if you care about picture quality.. DP 1.2 is the only way to go until HDMI 2.0

8. cryodav

cryodav Guest

GPU:
    780 gtx
    you are testing?

9. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    dude. It's not 'false' as you say, it is real and genuine cutting off the top and bottom parts of the 0-255.

youtube uses it, and I can see an immediate and obvious difference between uncompressed RGB uploads and what youtube deliver that I stopped uploading 4:4:4 files due to the absolute butchery youtube provides.

THANKFULLY -

H265/VP9 puts an end to this very very very very shortly with 4:4:4 compression for 50% of the bandwidth/filesize of H264 4:2:0.

4:2:0 is due to die a very painful death very soon and our children will not believe there existed a time when people actually watched 4:2:0 content.

10. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    That is Blu-Ray not the screen.

That can change and be scaled either direction.

Point remains HDMI 1.4 will give you too many issues with 60hz at 4K, not just bad colors.

Drop outs....etc.

11. cryodav

cryodav Guest

GPU:
    780 gtx
    I use it anytime I test and sometimes 30hz 60hz but I prefer the 4: 2: 0 to 30hz 4: 4: 4, I repeat but there is no distinguishable difference to the naked eye! and yet I am not very picky, the screens prove that you want more than the ratio of users and the evidence images? us of screens, I have provided my own ....

12. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    my monitor doesnt even support 1080p at 30hz.

well it can do it in interlace mode. but everything on the shakes.

13. Hellcop

Hellcop Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 6gb SLI
    Just to throw in my experience. I have two EVGA Geforce 780 6GB SC using the EVGA SLI connector (newest revision) connected to the Samsung U28D590D 4k monitor.
    I purchased a Displayport 1.2 cable and have 60hz running fine. Games do run in fullscreen without issue. Though I've had instances where setting the game to 3840x2160 fullscreen will crash the application. Then when I re-launched the application it worked fine. Biggest issue I've had is some games don't scale UI elements correctly.

Games I've played with No Issues:
    Batman Arkham Origins, Path of Exile, Planet Explorers, Guild Wars 2 (looks amazing),
    Borderlands 2, DC Universe Online, Dungeon Defenders Eternity, Metro 2033 Redux,
    Torchlight 2, Everquest, Everquest 2, Titanfall (looks amazing), Space Hulk,
    Space Engineers, The Secret World, Fight the Dragon, Farcry 3 Blood Dragon,
    No Limits 2 Roller Coaster Sim, Beasts of Prey

Games with Issues:
    Marvel Heroes (Must set resolution in INI file, UI does not scale correctly)
    Wolfenstein New Order(works fine, no SLI support so poor framerate but playable)
    Watch Dogs(also works fine, but game itself has issues-stuttering while driving)
    Lord of the Rings Online(crashed setting res to 4k, worked fine after restarting)
    Catzilla Benchmark(No 4k support that I could find)
    Planetside 2(Had weird map flickering, fixed after a patch, seems fine now)

14. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Hellcop, try the icafe drivers with watch dogs.

15. tonyfloow

tonyfloow Guest

GPU:
    SLI gtx geforce 980
    Hello, I have SLI 980; when I run a game fullscreen I have these flashes on screen, but I always does, just sometimes, but when I change the resolution ingame game, or put it in windowed mode or I shut down and switch the monitor blinks are removed.
    I recorded another video with nvidea software, geforce experience, but do not go repoducirlo flicker.
    I've tried both separately and graphics well.
    It is SLI bridge problem?
    Problem can be SLI bridge ?, worth buying the evga bridge pro?

Sometimes when I reboot the pc, Lleha no video signal to the monitor.

thank you very much