Travelling to Iraq or Syria?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Yecnot, Aug 26, 2014.

1. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    IMO they have the right to do it.

I mean if you are told to notify them...just do it...they have reasons to do it....

Stuff is really hairy in the middle east again these days. We don't want that stuff on our soils. We are trying to do the best we can to live in peace, and would rather keep it that way.

If you are not a terrorist, then just notify them and have no worry. But....why in the WORLD would you want to go to Iraq or Syria anyway? I'd rather stay far far away from that crap.

You might say this but he is right, Drinking is fine. Drinking then getting behind a wheel is not.

I think he's on to something here. Nobody is saying you can't drink...just don't drink then do something stupid...

Make the punishment worse, then it will eventually convince people to think about when and where, let alone how they drink.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  2. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Makes me giggle...and people wonder why Scotland wants to be independent on certain issues.

You can't win this, Boris: you are fighting against people who believe they will either win their war or go directly to meet their creator and have beautiful people pleasure them for the rest of time.

You can't fight an idea and it makes me laugh hard that you hate another culture because of indoctrination, which is exactly what you support by forcing people to conform.

What degree did you get again?

3. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    I have to agree with this too.

4. TeGarchoFF

TeGarchoFF Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1070 Turbo

Dude, those "countries are costing out nations trillions of dollars because they cant get there **** sorted"... says it all . Your government is using your taxpayer money to mantain it's hegemonic dream alive (that's assuming you're from USA).

It's a power game. Just as they used 5 billion dollars to destabilize Ukraine, to try to move it away from Russia and bring it to the EU (and NATO). Now all hell broke loose there. Same with ISIS. Washington created it meddling in the middle east.

Just kick everyone from office in Washington if you want to heal the world. That's unless you believe what your government tells you about Saddam weapons of mass destruction (never found), iranian nukes (never existed), Assad use of chemical weapons on civies (it was US backed-up 'rebels'), russian or russian backed-up separatist downing of the malaysian plane (charges without any proof) and a long list of lies I'm not going to list here.

/edit: I repeat, I'm assuming you're from US. If not, ignore my post and accept my apologies.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The guy is a crook who stages everything in his TV channel and has been banned from visiting a few countries. The guy caused an outrage among the decent people who live here in 2010-11 by saying publicly that secularism is the enemy of islam. Here he is trying some damage control. It didn't stop the government from inviting him often for their islamic conferences.

This stupid thread still open?!

6. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Just leave them to there misery iam telling you.Besides what thanks did the us get for liberating Iraq anyway? None whatsoever!We were told to leave and spit upon, why our goverment feels it needs to help people like that is beyond me.Oh wait so they can build more bases across the world.

7. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
  8. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    The USA left troops behind in South Korea, Germany, and Japan...which is probably what the idea for Iraq was....set up shop and leave troops for years and years and gradually, the place would become more like some of the stable middle eastern states like the UAE or Turkey.

I don't think that is going to happen now.

9. TeGarchoFF

TeGarchoFF Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1070 Turbo
    Amazing that there's still people out there thinking US liberated Irak...

Irak was invaded illegaly based on blatant lies of 'weapons of mass destruction'. The fact that Sadam H. was a dictator was of little importance; the US support monarchical regimes in countries such as Saudi Arabia because those countries help the petrodollar keep it status as world currency.

10. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    There's people out there that believe anything. The lies were simply a means to garner public support. The war would have proceeded regardless. Saddam was a liability. He proved this after his invasion of Kuwait. There were several geopolitical goals with operation "Iraqi Freedom", but the main one was certainly related to OPEC preservation. Iran received similar treatment (barring an invasion), although with discoveries of immeasurable amounts of fossil fuels on our own soil, I think the governments philosophies may have changed in recent years. I highly doubt there will be any more serious dicking around in the middle east, at least not directly.

Also, may I add that while everyone forgets, we've meddled quite a bit less than the main European powers did during the colonialism era. England was king when it came to crapping in other people's toilets. Everyone likes to have the game rigged in their favor, it's just human nature. This is what happens when you have a nation with such an extremely strong force projection capability. **** will be rigged. Everywhere. Everywhere that $$$ can be made. This is the world we live in. Today it's the U.S., tomorrow it will be someone else.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014

11. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
  12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    These arent Americans, these are immigrants that hold American passports.

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Won't be missed!

14. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Still American at the end of the day. Besides we should be more worried about new Zealand. You never know when sauron might return!

15. Constant

Constant Guest

GPU:
    ASUS HD7990@1115 1.290v
    i'm certain they will bomb those countries...

lets just hope that imperialism brings along some of capitalism's benefits for those fellows in the very end, as western culture , human rights , healthcare etc....

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lol not american. Why? Because he's not a white first worlder? Besides even they are just immigrants who printed passports for themselves, made the land their own with pieces of paper and called the natives indians :p

Reminds me of the season finale of the walking dead game which released today when a character demands a ethnic Russian to speak in American :D

Don't bother, they just want shariah. Let them have it, then they'll look at their freedom can go to hell signs and realize how foolish they were.

17. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Or like he Maori's of NZ! Boobs are you white and from NZ? Must be an immigrant..

I say we members of Guru3d start our own private military.

We will be equipped with keyboards and mouse's as nun-chucks.

Overheated CPU's as mini grenades.

the possibilities are endless!

18. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    They always send the poor... of course, some are into it, thinking they will earn themselves honor, or respect at home, but look at how veterans are treated in the US... cuts on medical coverage, and if they make it home alive, they probably end up running around shooting their own buddies. Anybody still believing war makes you a better person is blind, ignorant, or both.

Hehe, you are right, UAE and Turkey are "stable". Where in UAE there's death penalties carried out almost every week, stealing a loaf of bread costs a hand (which probably kills you slowly and painfully anyway), women are getting killed because they divorce their men... and in Turkey, the prime minister suppresses social media, travells to Austria as people are dying on the streets at home to get more votes for him, and they can't accept Cyprus yet again the EU feeds them hundreds of millions of € each year so they can play westernized country...
    Sorry, I would like to see the middle east turn more towards South Korea, Germany, Japan, than what they are now...

And that's exactly why taking fingerprints at airports and treating tourists is bloody useless. The last terrorist attacks, carried out or just attempted or planned, were all done by US citizens. Go figure.

19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    How do we keep the nvidia, Intel, and AMD factions from turning on each other or worse ... The AMD side joining the console side with their manly Wii U game pads :(

20. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Hehe, you are right, UAE and Turkey are "stable". Where in UAE there's death penalties carried out almost every week, stealing a loaf of bread costs a hand (which probably kills you slowly and painfully anyway), women are getting killed because they divorce their men... and in Turkey, the prime minister suppresses social media, travells to Austria as people are dying on the streets at home to get more votes for him, and they can't accept Cyprus yet again the EU feeds them hundreds of millions of € each year so they can play westernized country...
    Sorry, I would like to see the middle east turn more towards South Korea, Germany, Japan, than what they are now...[/QUOTE]

You idiot. Your ignorance is amazing. Those laws are not in UAE they are in Saudi Arabia.

Jesus christ I mean the lack of knowledge is truly amazing on here. Get off of your pc and go travel the world or pick up a book.